Danauk's Halloween treat trip, day 1

Danauk

<font color=green>I would be sitting on the patio
The cast: Me, Karen, 32, 5th trip.
DH, Pete, 33, 6th trip.
My mum, Doreen, 1st trip
My dad, Malcolm, 1st trip.

The reason: To celebrate my parents 40th wedding anniversary. They have never been to a Disney park so I thought we would treat them as our gift.

The dates: 27th-30th October 2008.

The hotel: Seen as it is a treat and celebration trip we treated ourselves to the Disneyland hotel.

So we dragged ourselves out of bed at 1:30am and were on the road to DLRP by 2am (is that even really a time that exists?!!) We made it to the tunnel in 2 hours 40 which was really good going. Soon we were having breakfast and were then called through. We were on the 6:05am crossing, but we were delayed 30 minutes as there was a problem with the doors at one end. The crossing took a little longer than usual, 45 minutes because of the fire, But we were soon in France and on our way. The drive was easy and we got to DLRP by 11:30am.

Soon we were pulling up outside the Disneyland hotel. A porter came and took our bags and recommended we put the laptops we had taken in the managers safe until our room was ready (which we did do.) Then the vallet took the car and we were on our way to check in. As we were early our rooms were not ready but we got our passes and headed off into the park.

The Halloween decorations were obvious straight away and looked great.

DisneylandParisDay1003.jpg

DisneylandParisDay1006-1.jpg

So we wandered down Main Street

DisneylandParisDay1014-1.jpg

and headed to the castle to look around before heading to Walts for our lunch reservation. We were seated straight away in the Discoveryland room (I did a seperate dining review with pics on the Walts restaurant thread.) Our meal was wonderful and was a great start to the trip.

After we had eaten we wondered over to Frontierland, I loved the decorations here. I also loved the colours in the trees by the entrance.

DisneylandParisDay1023-1.jpg

DisneylandParisDay1027.jpg

DisneylandParisDay1025-1.jpg

1st we decided to go on BTMRR which my dad had asked to ride. My mum has never been on any type of coaster so I was surprised and pleased when she said she would have a go too. The line was over an hour long, so we decided to use our Disneyland Hotel fast pass (you recieve 1 per person per day to be used between 2pm and 6pm). I love the details in the queue line for this ride.

DisneylandParisDay1042.jpg

We only waited 5 minutes before we were on and my parents enjoyed their ride.

Next we headed over to Phantom Manor which had a 20 minute line. I didn't mind this as it gave me time to take pictures of parts of the line I usually do not go in.

DisneylandParisDay1044.jpg

DisneylandParisDay1046.jpg

DisneylandParisDay1071.jpg

My dad loves steam trains, so we decided to catch the train back to Main Street

DisneylandParisDay1076.jpg

We took the very short walk back to the DLH to check in. I had requested connecting rooms with a view of Fantasia Gardens, and that is exactly what we got! We were in room 1358 which was a big room with 2 queen beds, a huge sofa and a balcony. All our bags had already been delivered and were waiting for us.

DisneylandParisDay1086.jpg

DisneylandParisDay1098.jpg

I loved the detailing in the bathroom, espacially on the mirror.

DisneylandParisDay1099.jpg

DisneylandParisDay1100.jpg

I also loved having a balcony, we had a nice view through the trees of Fantasia Gardens and at night we could see the ToT light up and the Disney Village sign.

DisneylandParisDay1080.jpg

DisneylandParisDay1082.jpg

It had been a long day so far so we decided to have a rest. By 6pm we headed back into the park and grabbed a hotdog from Caseys. By now though it had started to rain so we decided to go back to the hotel for a drink in the Fantasia Bar before having an early night. Before going to bed I soent some time just stood on the balcony listening to the sounds from the village (there was a cover over the balcony so I didn't get wet!)

DisneylandParisDay1108.jpg

Just brilliant, love your pictures and it was wonderful that your parents went on BTM, my favourite ride!

We booked a standard room, but on the plan it did look look larger than the other standard rooms so I am not sure if we got an upgrade on not!

That room looked huge. We are staying at the dlh in january, we are a family of 3 adults and 1 child (10years) and usually take a childs blow up bed for ds2 because ds1 won't share :) sometimes the rooms can be a little cramped but if that is a standard room I think we'll be ok, Ill keep my fingers crossed. Can you also tell me did they have toast at breakfast?

Yes there were different types of bread available and a toaster.

Wow DLH looks gorgeous. I cant wait to stay there in February. I'll be going in when we go in 2 weeks saying to myself that we're staying here next time

Lovely pics - sounds like you had a great first 'day'. That room was the same as ours and ours was standard (I also did wonder because of the size)... but I think it is standard - we also had connecting with our parents for our little girls.

Brilliant start...the DLH looks sooooo lovely...I really must treat the wife

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter