• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dalmation Dog Bones?

excitedmomma

Mouseketeer
I just called to order a Cinderella's Slipper and Chocolate Mickey for my dd and ds for our dinner at 1900 PF. I was told the Chocolate Mickey was really not for eating, though it was edible (which I would agree, it looks too darn cute to eat!) And he said it was around $50! He suggested the Dalmation Dog Bone, that it was commonly served for little boys! Anyone know anything about it?? Both the slipper and dalmation dog bone are "$8 to $9 ". Thats what I ordered, just wondering if anyones had/saw one! The man I spoke to couldn't tell me a whole lot about them, but it will come with my son's name on the bone!

A dog bone? How cool! He'll love that! But what are you supposed to do with the Mickey's if your not going to eat them? $50? Ouch!

Do you have to pre-order the slipper and dalmation bone or can you get either when you go?

Terri

They have to be pre-ordered. 48 hour notice and you have to give your credit card over phone when ordering.

Both my daughters had the Dog Bone Dessert at Citricos and loved it. I vaguely remember what it looked like. What I remember was a Chocolate Dog Bone Shaped thing with some sort of Mousse and the plate had chocolate spots. Since this was the dessert that was on the menu it wasn't personalized with their name or anything. I can't remember if there was a little dog or something. Maybe someone else who has recently been to Citricos can help you out. We were there in December and my memory is kind of foggy.

I REMEMBER!!!! Okay, it took me a little longer to remember it. But there were 2 Dalmatian dogs on the plate made out of cocoa!
In addition to the chocolate sauce spots! I feel better. Thought my mind was going there for a minute!;)

They have them on the Citricos childrens menu & they are actually eclairs w/ a chocolate dalmaiton stencil on the plate. Here's the photo from the allears website:

gf_cit4.jpg

Hope this helps!
;) :D ,
Katie

Oh, I want one for my ds'!!! I was going to do the Mickey, but I'm NOT paying $50 for one, I'd need three for the boys, and something for me.....

Steph

Thank you so much for the info Noelle! And MamaKate, thank YOU for posting a picture! I tried looking around on Allears and didn't have any luck, b/c I didn't realize they were on menus! Looks pretty cool! He'll love it!

I was shocked at the price for the Mickey! :earseek: I'm with you Steph, No Way... on paying $50! I was expecting $15! But, hey this dog bone thing is cute and will probably taste better, at MUCH less cost!:D

hi all:wave:

katie,
thanks for posting that picture the dog bone looks great::yes:: i was going to go for the mickey but $50 is too much espically when one of my kids is a pickey eater and proberbly wouldn't eat eat:rolleyes:

can you have this sent to any resturant does anyone know?and could i wait and order mine when i get to disney?if so where would i go to do so:D

thanks eve::MinnieMo

Thanks for posting about the Mickey's and dog bones. I think my nephew will like the dog bones better as he loves eclairs. Please post when you get back and let us know how you made out. Do you know can they personalize the slipper also?

I will post when we get back.

And yes, you can personalize the slipper, also! My kids will wonder, " how do they know our names, Mommy??" I LOVE IT! So magical!

Melinda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter