Dallas on TNT.

Here is more info on Ray Krebbs than I even remember...but it does reference the Lucy/Ray fling from way back...from wiki:

Raymond "Ray" Krebbs, was a character in the popular American television series Dallas, played by Steve Kanaly (1978-1988, 2012). Ray Krebbs is the illegitimate son of Texas oil baron Jock Ewing and U.S. Army nurse Margaret Hunter.

Ray was born October 19, 1945 in Emporia, Kansas. His alleged father, Amos Krebbs, left him and his mother Margaret Hunter Krebbs at age 3 and at age 15, Ray was sent off to Dallas and to the Southfork Ranch with a letter from his recently deceased mother to Jock Ewing. His mother, an United States Army Air Corps nurse, was an intimate of Jock Ewing during World War II. Ray worked for Jock maintaining Southfork as its ranch foreman. Initially, the character of Ray was a bit of a rogue, dating the much younger Lucy Ewing on the sly, and collaborating with J.R. Ewing to break up J.R's younger brother Bobby and his new wife (and Ray's old flame) Pam. Despite this, Ray had a good heart, and became a trusted and upstanding friend of the Ewing family. Eventually, his father resurfaced in 1980 to reveal that Ray's real father was Jock Ewing and he was accepted into the Ewing family with open arms (except for J.R., who still regarded Ray as "the help"). Because of the incestuous implications, Ray's prior relationship with Lucy was never referenced again.

Ray eventually found happiness with politician and widow Donna Culver and they married in 1981. However the marriage began to collapse and in 1985 they separated. Donna found out she was pregnant and Ray tried to reconcile with her, but she refused. By 1987 they had divorced and Donna had given to birth to a baby girl named Margaret Krebbs after Ray's deceased mother.It should be noted that during the "Dream Season" Ray & Donna adopted a deaf boy named Tony after Donna miscarried.

In 1988 Ray married Jenna Wade after Jenna had given birth to his half-brother Bobby's son, Lucas. Their marriage and the decision that Ray adopt Lucas caused some acrimony between the once-close Ray and Bobby, but they made amends and resumed their brotherly relationship. Eventually, trouble with Jenna's teenage daughter Charlie caused friction between Ray and Jenna. After sending Charlie to boarding school in Europe, Ray and Jenna decided to move to Switzerland permanently. Clayton and Miss Ellie Farlow visited them before they too left Dallas, tiring of the constant battles within the family.

In 1991 Ray returned for the final episode, and in J.R.'s dream, Ray has a very unhappy working life, having never found out Jock was his father. Ray is also limping heavily due to rodeo injuries (stock footage is shown of Ray in the rodeo won by Dusty Farlow in season 3). Seeing Ray working to make ends meet on a ranch and also in a bar (where he is treated poorly), J.R. admits, "I kinda feel sorry for him." Later in the dream it is Ray's birthday, and despite having a poor work life, Ray has a very happy family life and even has a son named Jock. J.R. seems genuinely happy for him, bearing in mind this is a dream. Ray also appeared sporting a moustache, something he never had during his actual time on Dallas.

In 1998 Ray makes a shock return in War of the Ewings when, out of nowhere, he helps Bobby and Sue Ellen in a barroom brawl. It is later revealed Ray is broke as the Krebbs ranch was remortgaged several times. Bobby helps him out until J.R. unwittingly helps Ray pocket $50 million for the land, which was auctioned to J.R.'s bitter rival Carter McKay. The land was only valued at $10 million, but happened to be a source of crude oil which started a bidding war between J.R. and McKay. McKay's bid won the auction, but J.R. later revealed that, in Jock's will the mineral rights were deeded to the Ewing's trust funds thereby making the oil useless to Carter McKay.

Boy you guys have some great story lines....

I thought email was JR.... getting his son the girl that would make a good business match and bonus mess with Bobbys family.

Ray and Lucy.... watched the original I guess I forgot that ewww

I love JR but Bobby has always been my favorite (and they better not kill him off this show either!). So...where was Pam? Her son gets married and she's not there?? Did I miss something? I know Victoria Principal said somwhere she didn't want to reprise the role - didn't she have some "work" done and it went wrong? Or maybe that is someone else I'm thinking about. They should definitely

I know she left after that accident & had an illness but I don't know that they ever said she actually died in the original series. If they did, I missed it. Someone did say to Christopher last night "I mss your mom" and he said "Yes me too" as if she were dead.

I think you're thinking of Priscilla Presley, with the botched plastic surgery. She played Jenna Wade on Dallas, a love of Bobby's. They had a child together - Lucas - he'd be true Ewing blood - but there's no mention of him? She was married to Ray & Bobby went back to Pam & it was like Lucas never happened.

OMG is anyone else watching it on CMT right now?? No wonder John Ross likes the bottle - Jr and Sue Ellen have been sloppy drink over half the episode so far!! And really bad acting I have to say - it's almost comical! But I'll sit here & watch it every day, no doubt!

Oh there goes drunk JR into the hay loft to tak to Pam who just announced her pregnancy. He's drunk & slurring & grabbing at her - yep I remember this - yep there she goes - falls out of the hay loft & loses the baby.

Now I'm not old enough to remember the original Dallas (it ended the year before I was born) but I was quite interested in watching the revamp.

DVR'd it last night and watched it this evening. Fantastic. Great mix of both the older and younger generations. Mom and I will be tuning in again. Enjoying it a lot.

And John Ross may be a little devious one but man he's cute. :love:

Did anyone catch when JR was saying he doesn't email, he talks to people face to face. That makes me wonder if he doesn't have something to do with the email.

Did anyone catch when JR was saying he doesn't email, he talks to people face to face. That makes me wonder if he doesn't have something to do with the email.

Good catch!

Oh I hope that they bring back Jenna. I love me some Priscilla Presley. Plus, I love the character because that is where my parents got my name:goodvibes

On a personal note, I tell them it is there fault I am so in love with Elvis - what did they expect when they got my name from a character played by Priscilla? ;)

so is anyone participating in the "vote for me" thingy? I'm not, but will be interested in seeing who wins it. I didn't watch the interview show that immediately followed the premier, but I guess there was a further explanation of the voting/competition? All I can think is that it is going to spark some competition,lol...life imitating art of the show.

Why didn't they have Lucas on the show? Where did Ann come from? No wonder I couldn't remember him being married to someone named Ann!

I think they are challenging the terms of a Trust, which is considered ongoing. Miss Ellie gave SF to Bobby under certain conditions.

Yes, they can challenge whether Bobby is the appropriate trustee any more, and perhaps certain terms of the trust, but they can't challenge it on the basis of Miss Ellie's mental competence in setting up the trust. Which is what John Ross is trying to do.

Why didn't they have Lucas on the show? Where did Ann come from? No wonder I couldn't remember him being married to someone named Ann!
Good point about Lucas. Maybe he just went off to college one day and never came back...like Richie Cunningham's older brother Chuck, in Happy Days!

Hopefully, at some point during the season, they'll expand upon Bobby and Ann's backstory, as well as what some of the other original characters have been up to for the past 20 years.

An interesting footnote: The finale of the original Dallas series had an It's A Wonderful Life storyline, where an "angel" shows JR what life would have been like for his family/friends/business associates had he not been born. In that scenario, Bobby ends up being a down-on-his-luck hustler with an ex-wife named Annie and kids names J.R., Bobby, and Ellie!

Ray and Lucy.... watched the original I guess I forgot that ewww

Yeah, and apparently the writers did too.

When they finally show Cliff, I wonder if he will be eating out of a Chinese take-out box?

Am I the only one who was disappointed by the remodeling of the house? Everything looked rearranged, like the den used for pre-dinner drinks is now the kitchen.

I was disappointed at the house i wish the inside was similar just updated.

I am old enough (LOL,) to remember the original. I LOVED Dallas and could not go out on Friday nights because back then you had to watch or it miss, no DVR or such back then. Anyway, I always believed that Christopher was JR's son. When John Ross told Christopher that he was not really a Ewing it reminded me of that. It would be a kick if it turns out that he really is JR's son. They can say that DNA testing wasn't that great way back, which it wasn't, much better today. Also I always thought that Kristen's death and some other untimely deaths were to cover up the fact that JR was really Christopher's father. We'll see, but really they can do so much to the storyline, go anywhere they want. I enjoyed the new Dallas and look forward to more!

I wish they would bring back Knot's Landing.
Oh, I do too! I LOVED Knot's Landing! :goodvibes

I tired to watch the return of Dallas this week, but right when the first half ended and it said "Dallas continues" on the screen, the big lightning storm we had going on knocked out cable for the rest of the night. I was so bummed! I'm hoping maybe they'll do a repeat showing before the next episode. :sad1:

Ann was married to Bobby before the show went off the air the first time. I remember her.

Ann was married to Bobby before the show went off the air the first time. I remember her.
I'm pretty sure Ann is a totally new character.

Bobby was married to April Stevens at the beginning of the last season of the original series. He never married anyone else after she was killed off mid-season.

I'm pretty sure Ann is a totally new character.

Bobby was married to April Stevens at the beginning of the last season of the original series. He never married anyone else after she was killed off mid-season.

I think I was thinking of April. I know it was some sort of A name

I remember the original as well - and I remember one of the quirky questions we had was, "If they're all so rich, how come they all live in the same house???" :lmao: At least they've corrected that issue!

Christopher Ewing was born Christopher Shepard, the son of Kristin Shepard in 1981. Initially, Kristin claimed that her rich and powerful brother-in-law, Texas oil man, J.R. Ewing was the father of her son. Shortly after his birth, Christopher's birth mother, Kristin, died at Southfork Ranch, the home of the Ewings. Christopher was then sold to Bobby Ewing by a man named Jeff Farraday. Bobby intended to deliver Christopher to J.R., as Bobby believed J.R. was the father, but Bobby's wife, Pamela, mistakenly believed that Bobby had brought the child home for them to adopt, as she was unable to have children of her own. Bobby and Pam then legally adopted Christopher and the truth was later revelead that J.R. was not Christopher's father and that his true father was Jeff Farraday, the man who sold Christopher to Bobby and who had married Kristin. Prior to this discovery, Jeff met an untimely death due to his involvement in drug dealing. In 1983, Christopher's parents separated and divorced and Christopher lived with his adopted mother, Pam, while visiting adopted father, Bobby, on the weekends. In 1986, Christopher's family was reunited when his parents remarried, but their happiness was short-lived. The next year, Jenna Wade, Bobby's former fiancee, gave birth to Bobby's son, Lucas, and Christopher learned that he was adopted and not the biological son of Bobby and Pam. Shortly thereafter, Pam was involved in a horrible disfiguring car accident, which required her to be hospitalized, bandaged and require numerous plastic surgeries. Not wanting to be a burden to her husband and son, Pam left Dallas to seek treatment elsewhere, divorcing Bobby in the process and severing ties with her family. Shortly thereafter, Christopher's adoption by Bobby was challenged in court by Christopher's biological paternal aunt, Lisa Alden, sister of Jeff Farraday, who had learned that Bobby had initially and illegally bought Christopher. After a painful court battle, the court sided with Bobby and Christopher remained in the custody of his father. in 1990, Bobby wed April Stevens and Christopher looked forward to having a new step-mother. However, a happy family life was not to be as April was murdered on her honeymoon to Bobby. Bobby then raised Christopher as a single father until Christopher reached adulthood.

Per imdb.

Wow...thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter