Daily Spending Limit on a Teen's Magic Band?

Unfortunately this was not my experience last week - as I said above the option was charging or no charging! Again though my kids did well as did my niece and nephew with the "parent set rules".
It is in fact an option, I'm sorry the CM you encountered didnt offer it/wasn't aware of it.

Pretty sure only choice for ea MB is charging privelages or no charging privelages. The MB's are linked to your room account -- the room account is what is attached to your CC.
MB are attached to person, who is apart of a reservation. The front desk can turn charging on or off, place different guests on different cards, set a total limit, limit what purchase categories you can spend against, these are all things that can be managed on a person to person basis within the reservation.

MB are attached to person, who is apart of a reservation. The front desk can turn charging on or off, place different guests on different cards, set a total limit, limit what purchase categories you can spend against, these are all things that can be managed on a person to person basis within the reservation.

Most of what you're saying is true AFAIK, however I did not think you could set separate limits for MB's using the same CC. MB's are no different than KTTW cards in this respect and I don't recall that (individual limits) being an option. If it is, it's a well guarded secret.

Has anyone had personal experience in setting individual limits for charging to MB's/KTTW cards?

It sure is! And it was possible with KTTW as well. It's not at all a common request, I would not be surprised if a CM said no it's not an option because they simply don't remember learning it when they started.

I don't allow any of my kids to spend a dime without me there. We will have their magic bands locked out of spending privileges. Of course, my kids aren't old enough that I would let them walk the parks alone.

Helpful advice. I'm trying to figure this stuff out too. With two teens and my adult daughter needing food money and being away from us most of the time, I want to be sure they eat but don't want them going crazy or anything. The only thing that bothers me is hearing the stories about people having their bands not work. That would be a hot mess.

My kids have had charging privileges on vacations since the age of 10 or so. I tell them their budget, and they've never gone over (and it's a low budget). However, if they did go over, they would have charging taken away, and have to pay me back. I have no problem handing over my credit card when they go to the mall - they know what they can and can't buy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter