• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DAH vs EMM?

bigeyedfish

Mouseketeer
Which is better? Which has lower crowds? I’m leaning toward DAH because of the longer time period and more available rides. Thoughts? TY!

I have done both. It is 2 very different experiences. We loved both and would repeat both. If you want to accomplish more, do DAH. If you want a bunch of rides on SDMT, do EMM.

DAH. I don’t want to ride the 3 FL rides over and over again (or even the new ones being added). If you have small children it might be better for you though, especially if they cannot stay up late. We have teens, so the mountains are a bigger priority. It also lets you in at 7 so you can see the fireworks and get a couple of FP before the event starts. We are going on a non-park day, so we get 5 hours of MK, much of it with lower waits. I also prefer ice cream to breakfast :earboy2:

DAH sounds really fun, if my family were up for the late night we would definitely do that. But realistically my kids would be so tired and cranky they wouldn’t enjoy it, and the next day would be wrecked too. And since I’m usually up early with them, I wouldn’t get the most out of it either.

Does your group do early mornings or late nights better? Even if one potentially is more fun for your group than the other, if it’s going to make people grumpy or you just can’t make the hours (arriving late for EMM destroys the value, for example, it’s such a short window!)...probably not worth it.

I've done both and love both, but if I were to pick just one, I would go with DAH. Both have minimal crowds, but DAH gives you most of the MK rides open where as MK is a handful of Fantasyland only. We like EMM to see how many times in a row we can ride SDMT, so for that it is great. But, DAH gave us the chance to ride just about every open ride in 3 hours, which was amazing and I will do it again any time it is offered on our trip.

Things to consider when choosing though is age of your family and if you have very young kids who would not be able to stay awake for DAH, then obviously that would not be the way to go for your family. Conversely, if waking your family up super early on vacation is not for you, then skipping EMM would be best. Also, EMM includes breakfast, and a pretty decent one at that, so cost wise you could argue you get more value with that than just some snacks with DAH.

It's all about Mine Train. If riding it multiple times is a key for you, then do EMM. Even at DAH, it will have some sort of wait. PP and Pooh are usually walk-ons during DAH, so I think they wash out in the comparison. If you're okay with one or two times riding it, then I'd do DAH every day of the week and twice on Sunday. It's a more diverse experience and to me a lot more fun. I think it's the best thing WDW has to offer. You'll walk onto almost everything that can be walked onto, and the atmosphere is really cool.

But if walking on to 7DMT multiple times (and my kids did nine) is something you want to experience, really EMM is the only way to do that.

Thanks so much! I am leaning toward DAH simply because of our schedule. We fly into MCO late the first night and fly out late the last night. Seems easier to carry that later schedule throughout the week :). I was just concerned it would be much more crowded in the evenings (it will be 7 - 11p the night we are planning). TY so much!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter