Dad's in trouble...No tix for One Direction

I am in the same boat for Taylor Swift tickets. I checked stubhub the day they went on sale (and sold out) and the prices are just too high. I almost bought them and then I decided that is letting the scalpers win. I would love to take my DD to either the Newark or Philly shows, but I will try again closer to the dates. Thats great advice!

I missed the boat on last years concert and my dd was devistated. I actually bought tickets for This July over a year in advance so I could get out of the dog house. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!!

Wait! I bought tickets off Stubhub to our local Jingle Ball the day of the concert and I paid $100 bucks each under the face value for 2 tickets less than 7 rows from the stage.

Do NOT pay the high prices, take your chance. That is what I am doing for One Direction when they come to our local venue.

Good Luck!

In same boat.

This ticket scalper problem has been around for so long I can't believe that it's still a problem. Way back had same problem with High School Musical, then Miley, then Jonas, then Bieber. Tickets sold out within 1 minute and then hundreds on sale on ebay, etc. I usually got lucky on ticket master.

Now my older dd a teen likes alternative music and I love only paying $20-40 a ticket. She's even paying for most of her own now.:)

But younger dd really loves One Direction, guess I'm out of shape, on TM was not able to get tix.

When you wait closer to the concert, do you go to concert hall or try online?

In same boat.

This ticket scalper problem has been around for so long I can't believe that it's still a problem. Way back had same problem with High School Musical, then Miley, then Jonas, then Bieber. Tickets sold out within 1 minute and then hundreds on sale on ebay, etc. I usually got lucky on ticket master.

Now my older dd a teen likes alternative music and I love only paying $20-40 a ticket. She's even paying for most of her own now.:)

But younger dd really loves One Direction, guess I'm out of shape, on TM was not able to get tix.

When you wait closer to the concert, do you go to concert hall or try online?

our Miley tickets from Ticketmaster a few hours before the show. I believe I then had to go pick them up at the box office at the theater.

I feel your frustration OP. I was in the same boat trying to get WWE tickets for dd for Christmas.

What was really ridiculous to me was the re-sale sites had the tickets up BEFORE they had even gone on sale through WWE or Ticketmaster! It took me a couple of days to really figure it out because I never thought they would be offering tickets in specific areas for CRAZY prices before they had even gone on sale!

Anyway, I got the tickets through ticketmaster at a much lower price than what I had been seeing on those re-sale sites and they are going to have great seats. I wonder how many people paid 3x as much as I did for seats further away because they thought they had to buy them through those sites.

Buying tickets for anything is just a huge hassle anymore. :furious:

I have gone to the venue to buy tickets before too. Got better tickets than was offered online and cheaper too.

in the same boat - but for taylor swift tix. not sure what to do ...just hold out like everyone is suggesting? :confused3

I am in the same boat for Taylor Swift tickets. I checked stubhub the day they went on sale (and sold out) and the prices are just too high. I almost bought them and then I decided that is letting the scalpers win. I would love to take my DD to either the Newark or Philly shows, but I will try again closer to the dates. Thats great advice!

I heard an interesting story on the radio this morning. They said that 1D and Taylor Swift fans have been the same population, but Taylor's breakup with Harry Styles has resulted in TS tickets dropping in price and 1D tickets skyrocketing. I see that among my DD13 and her friends - they all went to see Taylor last year, but this year they are all about 1D and they think Taylor is mean for tweeting about her breakup with Harry. They are firmly on Harry's side :rolleyes: and are not interested in Taylor tickets this year. Looking at Stubhub for both Raleigh shows seems to bear this out - I can get lower level Taylor for under $200 each, but nosebleed 1D tickets are over $300 each (same venue). We have our 1D tickets already, but DD13 keeps watching Stubhub to see if she can get closer for a reasonable price. We will keep checking right up until the day of the concert.

yep, our dd has it too!!! i've been looking on stubhub and they have tickets availble but they are outrageous, i've seen elton john, madonna, rod stewart, etc, and never paid the price of what they are charging for these guys!!

Don't buy on Craigs List.

Use an established ticket seller that guarantees the tickets, and use a credit card so you can dispute the charge if the ticket turns out to be counterfeit or otherwise invalid.

Thank you, thank you for all this great info on checking stubhub, TM and venue closer to the date. 1D is come to DC in June about a week before DDs birthday and this would be the perfect surprise!!

I was one of the crazy ones who bought for the 1D show this July in Chicago. It was the only thing my daughter wanted for Christmas....told me to return the Ugg boots she had desperately wanted a month earlier. I bought from Stub Hub cause their extra processing fees weren't as crazy as some of the others. I was hoping the craze would wear off when we didn't get tickets on the original daate, but no such luck.

The prices here just kept going up and up (even after Christmas). Just decided to suck it up and it was her main gift for Christmas.

Thank you all, as now I feel much better about waiting it out. I'll also show my daughter your responses. She too will be grateful for your input, and dad'll be cool again for at least a little while.

All you can do is say you'll try. She's old enough to weather the disappointment if you can't get tickets. When was your first concert? Mine was Bowie; I was 14 and bought my own.

I hope you eventually grab some tix. I also have a 1D obsessed 13 yr old DD (as well as a 6 yr old fan). She is going to the Hershey show in July with friends and they bought their tix last June.

I think the tix may have been on sale for a few months at that point and I thought it was nuts to buy concert tix for a show over a year away. LOL But at least she has them now. Problem is little sis now wants to go and I think the concert seems to be sold out. I think I might follow the advice here and hope some tix become available closer to the date.

My 15 year old, by then 16 year old will also be at one of the July Hershey shows, it will mean one hotel night and we will probably do the park for the day, but it is still way cheaper then anything I could get locally at the time. I checked a couple of months ago on stubhub, and tickets similar to the area we have them in were going for $300+ each. Crazy.
Donna

My daughter didn't like them till after Pittsburgh show was sold out. I was going to get tickets to Hershey which would have been a drive but found out I was expecting a baby in June. I was holding out watching Stubhub etc and prices kept going up and up. I bought two tickets for Christmas that were way more than face value but that was the main thing she wanted. The tickets keep going up and up all the time don't think they are going to release any more or will be cheaper. We will be at Pittsburgh show.

The tickets keep going up and up all the time don't think they are going to release any more or will be cheaper. We will be at Pittsburgh show.

All tickets on Stub Hub are very high months before a sold out event. The price likely went higher around Christmas because they were a popular gift and resellers took advantage of it. When the event gets close, resellers will drop the price to unload the tickets.

If DD16 still likes them this Summer, I'll check Stub Hub last minute so that she can see them again.

We bought our DD tickets a year in advance when she woke us up at 5:30 am asking for them as a Birthday/Christmas present. I could not believe they were selling the so far out so July 2013 she will be going with her friends . We only bought the three tickets we need and now we have a few upset Friends .

All tickets on Stub Hub are very high months before a sold out event. The price likely went higher around Christmas because they were a popular gift and resellers took advantage of it. When the event gets close, resellers will drop the price to unload the tickets.

If DD16 still likes them this Summer, I'll check Stub Hub last minute so that she can see them again.

They very well could go down but wasn't taking the chance. I saw what happened with the Hannah Montana thank goodness we had tickets for that but wasn't going to chance it. If they go down then I wasted some money but buying them early I don't have to worry about it.

Do they have a fan club site to join? Some sell tickets to the fan clubs before they go public. I've seen fans sell on the fan club for what they paid, something comes up so they can't go, they may of gotten better seats afterwards, etc.

I belong to one for a different artist and always get 2nd and 3rd row seats for concerts during the pre-sale.

Do you want the Atlanta show? I bought two tix when they went on sale (last May???) and I am afraid my daughter won't want to go by the time June rolls around. (She already took down some of their posters and didn't want any 1D things for Christmas.....sad:worried:)

Closer to the time, if you still don't have any, I will sell them. It seemed like they were really good tickets, not way up high or anything. Just send me your info. back so I have your disboards name on file.

Another thing is to be sure all your friends and co-workers know you are looking for them. One of them might know someone who is selling them at some point or have a connection. I mentioned that I couldn't get tickets to a sold out sporting event to a co-worker, and the next thing I knew I was paying face value to one of his friends who had bought the tickets and couldn't go. I don't know if it is okay at your office, but I've even had co-workers who have sent an E-mail around saying they couldn't get tickets to something and asking that if anybody heard of any on sale for a reasonable price from anywhere that they let them know. Usually at some point, they wind up with tickets.

Good luck! I feel your pain. Luckily, DD doesn't like One Direction, but I had to join the Justin Bieber fan club to pick up those tickets and even then I couldn't get them to one show, and barely got them to another.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter