Daddy / Daughter Dance

samnick

Earning My Ears
I thought I saw on here once that they have a daddy / daughter type dance on the Magic. We will be sailing the week of my daughter's valentine dance that we go to each year. I thought it would be a nice substitute if they had one on the ship. Thanks for any help :firefight

They do have a Dad/Daughter dance, last year it was on the Sunday, when everyone was dressed up for formal night.

i was just on the last eastern itinerary and yes, they did have a father/daughter dance.

My DH and DDs went, it was fun for a little while, and then a lot of families started leaving after 1/2 hour. I doubt if it would be an equal substitute to an organized Father/Daughter dance, but it was fun for my girls.

DJ

If they had it, I missed it on our Eastern....not that my daughter would dance with me :cool1: :cool1:

My DD's visited the dance for a bit, too. They were very tired. I have pictures of DH holding both DD's for a dance. It is beautiful.

Denae :flower1:

samnick said:
I thought I saw on here once that they have a daddy / daughter type dance on the Magic. We will be sailing the week of my daughter's valentine dance that we go to each year. I thought it would be a nice substitute if they had one on the ship. Thanks for any help :firefight

I think I saw some very dressed up girls with their dads one night but really didn't notice anything in the navigator about it...it may very well be there but since we wouldn't go I never saw it LOL. Way back they used to do this in our schools here to but they don't do it any longer since so many of the kids have fathers that don't participate in their lives or no fathers at all they don't do it. Thye havea family dance, but no "father -daughter" or "mother son"....they don't even do mother daughter gym night anymore...just family gym night.

Thanks for all the replies. Even if they have a smaller one than her school, I'm sure she will enjoy it more just being on the ship :firefight

Do they do this on the shorter cruises also, or just on the 7-day ones? I think that idea is so cute, but I'm currently booked for a 4-day cruise.

I went to the Daddy/Daughter dance on the 11/11/04 Eastern Magic cruise and I am 34. My DH took our DD. It was held on Sunday night (formal night). They had songs playing when everyone could dance and then had some songs for justs Dad's and Daughters. It was mostly young girls, but I was not about you give up that opportunity. I will always be my Daddy's Little Girl!! We had a great time!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter