Daddy caved, we're telling the girls TODAY!

sweetpea2008

Earning My Ears
So excited!!! We've been planning a trip to DL for a month now, just myself, my Mom, and my twin daughters. We were going to tell them about the trip tomorrow afternoon, the day before we leave (6 am flight). BUT when I got home from work today my husband said he wants to tell them today, after school. He wants to spend some time with them sharing in their excitement, and wants them to be able to tell their friends tomorrow at school.

I'm all for it, as I've barely been able to keep it in for the last week. But I have a feeling their teacher won't be happy about it tomorrow!!

Two more sleeps!!

That's so exciting! Have lots of fun and eat a churro for me :goodvibes

thats exciting. We too are telling our twins this sunday, their 6th bday. we were going to wait till the day we leave...but same..7:00am flight (too early to pull off a surprise!), wanted to have some time for them to get excited..and help pack! I'm ALOMOST as excited to tell them as I am to actually go! I really can't wait, they are going to be so surprised, they have NO idea! Alot of thier friends have been going and they keep asking us, we keep telling them, mabye next year..we have to save money to be able to go!!:rotfl2: They have never been, heck they haven't even ever been on a plane..that in itself will be an adventure!!

:thumbsup2 we did the surprise trip once and I tell you it was sooo hard to keep quiet! I won't do it again , but it was worth it!

OH how fun! I have been telling my DS 3 everyday 5 more sleeps, 4 etc....finally today I said two more and he interrupted and said sleeps mama I know we are going to Disneyland!!! LOL

Well, I think they are still in shock...:) They didn't really believe us at first, and didn't want to actually say the place (we made them close their eyes and then laid out some Disney stuff on the coffee table for them to 'guess' where they are going in 2 days). They are pretty excited though. The biggest reaction?? When I said the hotel had a pool my one DD let out a huge yipeee scream.

Go figure! :rotfl2:

The nice thing is we went over all the clothes I packed for them and they vetoed some stuff (they are 7, what can I say!) and we watched some of the video of rides they couldn't do the last time we were there (on youtube). They are soooo ready for splash mountain and BTMRR. Poor Grandma doesn't know what she is in for! I think I'll be riding a lot of stuff twice taking a girl each time with me, unless we can sit 3 across. Grandma is up for those two rides but not space mountain. The girls say they want to go on space mtn but I'm still not sure if they know how dark/fast it is.

Ah well, we leave in 36 hours! What!!!??? YIKES!! :rotfl:

I hope your family has a great time!

If you have to ride twice be sure to ask for a switch pass when you get in line so you don't have to go through the entire line again. Great little time savers they are!

We surprised my DD that some friends are going with us in November. I thought she would talk about it non stop but she hasn't. You just never know. :confused3 We are not going until November so I am sure as time gets closer her excitement will kick in.

We are surprising our DD10 with a trip on her birthday, and believe you me it is tough not to just scream out "WE'RE GOING TO DISNEYLAND!" every 5 minutes or so. Have a great trip!! :cool1:

I hope your family has a great time!

If you have to ride twice be sure to ask for a switch pass when you get in line so you don't have to go through the entire line again. Great little time savers they are!

Thanks mariezp, that's a good suggestion. I've never had to use one before. Do you ask the first CM when you get in line, or at the end? I had thought it was just for people with babies/toddlers where the parents wanted to take turns riding while one looked after the kids. I didn't know you could have one parent go twice with each child. That would be very helpful indeed!

Anyone have any thoughts on space mountain? The reason I'm a little concerned is my sister took my niece on that first thing when they went a few years ago, when my niece was only just 7. Apparently she was terrified, cried hysterically when they got off, and then refused to go on any other ride that might involve the dark and drops. I am thinking we might go on Pirates first before SM just to get in the swing of things, and also see how they do with BTMRR. They are rarin' to go now, but we'll see how it plays out.

If anyone has a similar situation and had a good plan for what fast rides to go on first, second, etc, that would be helpful indeed!

By this time tomorrow we'll be on our way!:thumbsup2

Every kid is different, but if your girls are feeling confident about Splash and BTMRR, I'd say they could handle Space. It was my dd's favorite ride at 5 years old.

You could show them the model of it inside the 50 Magical Years exhibit so they can see what it looks like with the lights on, and then tell them it wil be dark with stars so it looks like Space. I think if kids know what to expect, they won't be as scared.

Have a great trip.

How fun to surprise your girls. Bet they are having a good time telling all their friends where they get to go tomorrow!

My boys both love Space Mountain at WDW. They were finally big enough to ride it last year when they were 5. We will be riding DL's Space many times I'm sure. They also love Pirates, Big Thunder, and Splash so guess they are thrill junkies already.

Enjoy your trip!

I don't know how all of you keep this a secret! I can't stand it!! :rotfl:

of course, that is also why I am a last minute shopper at Christmas, there have been a few times I have had to go back to the stores to get another gift because I couldn't wait!!

I hope you and your family have a fabulous time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter