D23 WDW Scavenger Hunt 2011

This is probably the reason I can't get a room on the 12th to the 13th at CR. :sad:

Anyways, this looks so cool, but I leave early in the morning on the 13th so I can't participate. Boo!

I wondered what time to line up too, when I was looking at the Disneyland scavenger hunt pics it showed a pic of the registration line and it looked really long

We start in MK so I guess we'll get there for opening. I'm the team leader so maybe I'll sit in line and DH can go grab a FP for something and maybe something quick for breakfast. Then he can sit with me while we wait. :lmao:

Do you all suppose that the difficulty factor of the Scavenger Hunt will be getting to all the questions in the time allotted or that the questions will be hard?

I think scnning the questions and making a plan of attack would be worth while. I suspect the answers will be evident in the parks the issue will be recognizing them.

I asked the D23 folks about whether or not the entire team would have to ride attractions like TOT, Rock N' Roller. Sapce Mtn etc if one or more were afraid of thrill attractions and they said that it would basically be treated like a bathroom break. The non-rider would have to stay by the eixit and wait for those riding the attraction.

Do you all suppose that the difficulty factor of the Scavenger Hunt will be getting to all the questions in the time allotted or that the questions will be hard?

It sounded like it was both at the DL one. Most people said they did not have enough time. Some people only made it to 1 park and never did DTD or the hotels. Also, the questions were all over the book but may have the same area/attraction so people had to backtrack a lot. Hopefully highlighters will help with that. I would guess if people were cheating at that one too it did not help things for honest people. :sad2:

I'm thinking they'll have too many questions at each park for any one team to get all of the answers for - that would help to avoid any chance of a tie.

I'm trying to work out which FP would be important to get. We usually go during value season and often don't even need FP (except for TSM!)

Thoughts?

I'm thinking they'll have too many questions at each park for any one team to get all of the answers for - that would help to avoid any chance of a tie.

I'm trying to work out which FP would be important to get. We usually go during value season and often don't even need FP (except for TSM!)

Thoughts?

Since you're starting at HS, I would definitely get a FP for RNRC & TOT as well as TSM

I think the questions will be fairly easy, as far as the Disneyland hunt, I am sure they made changes to make it harder to cheat, like things that you have to be there to answer.

I've read that they have questions for the same ride/attraction spread throughout the booklet, so taking the time to highlight the questions is a great idea ! thanks for that tip !

We start in MK so I guess we'll get there for opening. I'm the team leader so maybe I'll sit in line and DH can go grab a FP for something and maybe something quick for breakfast. Then he can sit with me while we wait. :lmao:

Tell him to bring you back a nice big cinnamon roll from the bakery, you will need your energy :rolleyes1

Thanks for the FP tips Lilo - any ideas on FP for MK? That's our starting point for day 2...?

Also anyone know how long the registration line for DL was and what was involved? I know they have our basic info is it just a matter of getting the team numbers and booklet or is it more complicated? And when they say it starts at 10 is that when they start 'processing' people or do they start handing out numbers before that and then 'just' have to hand out the booklets and record times at 10?

I don't usually need FP's the times of the year that I go. I remember in the past, you could only get 1 FP at a time. You had to use that one before you could get another one. Has that changed?

I don't usually need FP's the times of the year that I go. I remember in the past, you could only get 1 FP at a time. You had to use that one before you could get another one. Has that changed?

For the most part it's still the same.
The real difference is that if your FP time is further out than 2 hours you can end up with 2 at the same time.
The FP will print the time of return and the time that you are eligible to get another pass.
But you shouldn't ever have more than 2 at the same time.

example....
at 11am you get FP for TSM, but return time is 4pm.
it will post the new FP eligible time which will most likely be 1pm (2 hours later).
so at 1pm you go to ToT and get a pass with a return time of 3pm.
at 3pm you ride ToT then get another pass for RnRC with a return time of 5pm.
at 4pm you ride TSM.
but you still have to check the eligible time on the FP from RnRC for your next FP.
Hope that helps.

Any idea how this might impact the parks for folks not participating in the scavenger hunt?

I wouldn't think it would impact it at all. everyone attending the hunt would have been at one of the parks anyway and since the hunt has everyone starting at different parks we are all scattered.

The only thing that might get crowded is Epcot on Friday 13th after 9pm for EMH.
They announce the winners at the Contemporary at 8:30pm and I would expect after the announcements most will hop on the monorail to head back to Epcot for EMH.... that's my plan anyway! :thumbsup2

As I'm thinking about this whole "get FP's" thing.....
There are only 3 hours to complete the questions.....
here's the options....
you each get a FP for different attractions meaning you will ride alone.... and that would mean taking a chance that you may miss something with only one set of eyes!
or
you see what attraction appears to have the most questions and all of you... or at least in pairs.... get the FP and ride. Giving you a better chance to get all the answers correct for at least that attraction.
:confused3

But because of the return times posibly extending out past your 3 hours.... standby just might be the only way to do it!

lots to think about before making our final plan of attack!!! :lmao:

I wouldn't think it would impact it at all. everyone attending the hunt would have been at one of the parks anyway and since the hunt has everyone starting at different parks we are all scattered.

The only thing that might get crowded is Epcot on Friday 13th after 9pm for EMH.
They announce the winners at the Contemporary at 8:30pm and I would expect after the announcements most will hop on the monorail to head back to Epcot for EMH.... that's my plan anyway! :thumbsup2
Thanks! I was wondering if the hunt was going to bring people to WDW that wouldn't normally be there that week.

As I'm thinking about this whole "get FP's" thing.....
There are only 3 hours to complete the questions.....
here's the options....
you each get a FP for different attractions meaning you will ride alone.... and that would mean taking a chance that you may miss something with only one set of eyes!
or
you see what attraction appears to have the most questions and all of you... or at least in pairs.... get the FP and ride. Giving you a better chance to get all the answers correct for at least that attraction.
:confused3

But because of the return times posibly extending out past your 3 hours.... standby just might be the only way to do it!

lots to think about before making our final plan of attack!!! :lmao:
I've never done a hunt and don't plan on doing this one but isn't it possible that some of the answers would be in the standby queue? I'm thinking of rides like TSM & EE that have different standby queues with lots of "stuff" in them.

I do think the parks will be a bit busier than usual. We were scheduled to be in WDW that week but extended our stay by 2 days to do the scavenger hunt. If we hadn't already planned to be down there we might have gone anyway (we have APs this year) because it sounds like so much fun.

Wish we had some idea on how many teams will be participating - it doesn't matter but dh keeps asking me and it's making me nuts :rolleyes1

I do think the parks will be a bit busier than usual. We were scheduled to be in WDW that week but extended our stay by 2 days to do the scavenger hunt. If we hadn't already planned to be down there we might have gone anyway (we have APs this year) because it sounds like so much fun.

Wish we had some idea on how many teams will be participating - it doesn't matter but dh keeps asking me and it's making me nuts :rolleyes1

I'd like to know that too. Mostly because I'm nosey but I'd also like to know what type of crowds I'm facing.

Thanks for the FP tips Lilo - any ideas on FP for MK? That's our starting point for day 2...?

Also anyone know how long the registration line for DL was and what was involved? I know they have our basic info is it just a matter of getting the team numbers and booklet or is it more complicated? And when they say it starts at 10 is that when they start 'processing' people or do they start handing out numbers before that and then 'just' have to hand out the booklets and record times at 10?

For MK I would get Splash & Space mountain & maybe buzz & peter pan because they are always such a long wait ! My theory is that there will be enough questions to chose from that even if you couldnt get on a ride it wouldn't matter ! I doubt anyone can answers all the questions in the alloted time !

I wish someone who did the disneyland hunt would come on here and answer some questions for us on the registration process :rolleyes1

Me too ! and I totally agree with you on the crowd impact :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter