D23 Questions.

amycishere

DIS Veteran
Hello, I'm thinking about becoming a member Jan. 1st, 2010 so I can take advantage of the full calendar year with one membership price. For next year we are thinking of doing a trip in the Spring and a trip in early-mid December. I've noticed that D23 has special events in Disney World throughout the year. My mother who needs to attend trips with me because of my disability and it is just us, it looks like I could bring her as a guest? So she doesn't need to purchase a membership or does she? We would only be doing Disney World events but I've noticed that D23 also has many events in California near Disneyland. We could not attend these. Are Disney World events worth it alone? What if we never go to Disney Quest? Those tickets seem to be in every special event package and I can honestly tell you we have no interest in those. Also, I see that if you do not join before December 31st, you miss out on a charter membership, what is this exactly? Also, at one point I saw these D23 ears but now I can't find them are they no longer available?
Thanks,
Amy

most, if not all, D23 events have been for the D23 member + at least one guest.

Hello, I'm thinking about becoming a member Jan. 1st, 2010 so I can take advantage of the full calendar year with one membership price.

Are memberships only good until the end of the year in which they are purchased? Does this mean that if I were to become a member now, my membership would end on Dec 31st? That seems a bit unfair. Shouldn't it be a year from your buy date? In that case, if you buy on Dec 31st, you get a full year AND a charter membership...

Are memberships only good until the end of the year in which they are purchased? Does this mean that if I were to become a member now, my membership would end on Dec 31st? That seems a bit unfair. Shouldn't it be a year from your buy date? In that case, if you buy on Dec 31st, you get a full year AND a charter membership...

Your membership is for 12 months. I joined in April of this year and my membership expires 4/2010 (that is what is on the back of my membership card.

Hello, I'm thinking about becoming a member Jan. 1st, 2010 so I can take advantage of the full calendar year with one membership price.
Amy

Good news Amy!
Membership privileges are good for a full year, not the 2009 calendar year (or 2010!). You could become a member right away or a few weeks before your next trip and you'll get the same 365 days of membership privileges. :banana:

The Charter membership is probably more a marketing twist than anything else. In a few years, the charter members we'll be able to say "I was already a member at that time "... (I'm a charter member by the way ;) )

No, you don't need to buy a D23 membership for everyone in your party. You can buy tickets for up to 3 guests for most D23 events.

"Are Disney World events worth it alone? What if we never go to Disney Quest" : This is a very subjective question. I will probably attend the Magic & Merriment D23 event. Event if this is the only D23 event I'll attend this year, it'll still be worth it to me.

If you think the current D23 events offered are interesting for you and they look like good values, then you should consider becoming a member.

Please feel free to ask other questions and I'll answer to the best of my (limited) knowledge! ;)

Good news Amy!
Membership privileges are good for a full year, not the 2009 calendar year (or 2010!). You could become a member right away or a few weeks before your next trip and you'll get the same 365 days of membership privileges. :banana:

The Charter membership is probably more a marketing twist than anything else. In a few years, the charter members we'll be able to say "I was already a member at that time "... (I'm a charter member by the way ;) )

No, you don't need to buy a D23 membership for everyone in your party. You can buy tickets for up to 3 guests for most D23 events.

"Are Disney World events worth it alone? What if we never go to Disney Quest" : This is a very subjective question. I will probably attend the Magic & Merriment D23 event. Event if this is the only D23 event I'll attend this year, it'll still be worth it to me.

If you think the current D23 events offered are interesting for you and they look like good values, then you should consider becoming a member.

Please feel free to ask other questions and I'll answer to the best of my (limited) knowledge! ;)

Thank you very much for answering my questions. I may keep your username handy and contact you if I have another question. Here is what I'm considering doing. I love this idea of the Magic and Merriment event. However, I am hoping they run it again or something similar next year as this year it really would not be an option as we will be spending alot of money on our upcoming trip in a few days. So I thinking of joining either in late December of this year or Jan. 1st of next year so I can hopefully buy tickets for this event next year. How far in advance do they let you know the dates of these events for planning and such? Will my guests ticket cost anymore then mine?

How far in advance do they let you know the dates of these events for planning and such? Will my guests ticket cost anymore then mine?

Well, for the Magic & Merriment event, they made the announcement on the 1st week of october, so it was 2.5 months in advance. I think it will vary depending on the event.

Guest tickets cost exactly the same as your own ticket.

hope this will help! ^^

Eric

Just so you know, its pretty much next to impossible to get tickets for a lot of these events. I wanted to buy two tickets to the Magic and Merriment event. The tickets went on sale today at 10:00 AM PST which is 1:00 PM where I am. Anyway, I was on the site at 1:00 PM, I clicked the spot to get tickets and was filling in the guest info for my husband and I hit submit. Well, apparantley "country" was a mandatory field that I did not fill out. No problem, let me click the drop down and select United States. . . wait. . .there is no United States option, or America, or US OR United States of America!!! Because of this hold up, I was then shut out of the ticket sales as they then sold out. I tried to find a contact phone number for D23 but of course there isn't one. I wrote them an email with my phone number in hopes that they get back to me. . .I'm not holding my breath. I'm not trying ot be negative, but I just joined a couple of weeks ago specifically to try an get tickets for this event, so I'm just a little disappointed. Rant over!

Awww, I'm so sorry! Hugs. How horrible!

Just so you know, its pretty much next to impossible to get tickets for a lot of these events. I wanted to buy two tickets to the Magic and Merriment event. The tickets went on sale today at 10:00 AM PST which is 1:00 PM where I am. Anyway, I was on the site at 1:00 PM, I clicked the spot to get tickets and was filling in the guest info for my husband and I hit submit. Well, apparantley "country" was a mandatory field that I did not fill out. No problem, let me click the drop down and select United States. . . wait. . .there is no United States option, or America, or US OR United States of America!!! Because of this hold up, I was then shut out of the ticket sales as they then sold out. I tried to find a contact phone number for D23 but of course there isn't one. I wrote them an email with my phone number in hopes that they get back to me. . .I'm not holding my breath. I'm not trying ot be negative, but I just joined a couple of weeks ago specifically to try an get tickets for this event, so I'm just a little disappointed. Rant over!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter