D23 offer

CSLucas

Mouseketeer
Anyone else get the email this morning for 30% off a D23 Gold membership? Is there any value to this, or is it just more Disney mail?

I'm a D23 member - the embedded video covers most of the benefits. You get 4 quarterly magazines about upcoming things Disney is rolling out. Movies, Rides, etc. You also get exclusive offers for merchandise, usually Pin sets, magnets, digital trading cards via partnership with Topps. You get a nice welcome kit that changes each year. I've been a member for 2 years. There is also an on-property convention of sorts, but I don't know too much about that.

It wouldn’t let me join.

kept saying the highlighted area in the credit card info that’s a problem needs to be fixed but nothing was highlighted. I even tried a different card.

I guess they don’t want me as a member - and sadly, that’s the only kind of club I want to join…

Love D23, DS discount only 10 % but at least you can use it online. Mine pays for itself !

It wouldn’t let me join.

kept saying the highlighted area in the credit card info that’s a problem needs to be fixed but nothing was highlighted. I even tried a different card.

I guess they don’t want me as a member - and sadly, that’s the only kind of club I want to join…

When I pasted the code I had to back space the front as it left a space. It let me apply the code and join.

When I pasted the code I had to back space the front as it left a space. It let me apply the code and join.
:offtopic:I've had that issue too when completing online forms - if there's a space at the end, it won't be accepted. I've had it happen with numbers and with email addresses.

Back on topic, we've been D23 Gold members since it started and have enjoyed it. The quarterly magazine goes into depth on its topics (although some is fluff, promoting the newest things coming out) and usually has really great photography. We also got to travel to Marceline with D23, where we were greeted like royalty by the school kids, got to meet people who knew Walt and Roy, visited the school named after Walt and viewed the Disney character murals there, visited the Disney farm, and learned a great deal about Walt. Every year when the renewal comes up, I think about it because it's expensive, but we really do enjoy the benefits.

I just purchased a membership 6/28. I'll ask if they can issue a partial refund but my guess is no.

Back on topic, we've been D23 Gold members since it started and have enjoyed it. The quarterly magazine goes into depth on its topics (although some is fluff, promoting the newest things coming out) and usually has really great photography. We also got to travel to Marceline with D23, where we were greeted like royalty by the school kids, got to meet people who knew Walt and Roy, visited the school named after Walt and viewed the Disney character murals there, visited the Disney farm, and learned a great deal about Walt. Every year when the renewal comes up, I think about it because it's expensive, but we really do enjoy the benefits.
Ditto, mostly. "Charter" members and we've had to fight to keep that designation given the program's changes year to year.

When the renewal comes up I question it, "Shall we cancel this beast?" ... and hubby wins, "Nope; we will keep it." Ok. Keeping it maintains peace in the family.

Over the years, we've enjoyed several live events: most of the D23 Expo years; screenings at the Studios; "insider shopping" at Glendale; .... hoping for more.

Anyone else get the email this morning for 30% off a D23 Gold membership? Is there any value to this, or is it just more Disney mail?
It is another attempt at Disney's Cross-Marketing. I'm hoping that membership will raise my "Disney Social Score" marking me as a loyal ($$$) Disney customer. How many surveys have I completed asking me to which of these do you belong:
  • DVC Member?
  • DCL Castaway Club? (at which level?)
  • Disney Visa Holder?
  • Club 33 Member?
  • D23 Member?
  • DLR AP, current?
  • WDW AP, current?
  • Cast Member?
  • etc.
Perhaps, someday, those checkmarks might add up to a better discount on the future AP program ... (here's hoping!)

Last edited:
Ditto, mostly. "Charter" members and we've had to fight to keep that designation given the program's changes year to year.

When the renewal comes up I question it, "Shall we cancel this beast?" ... and hubby wins, "Nope; we will keep it." Ok. Keeping it maintains peace in the family.

Over the years, we've enjoyed several live events: most of the D23 Expo years; screenings at the Studios; "insider shopping" at Glendale; .... hoping for more.

It is another attempt at Disney's Cross-Marketing. I'm hoping that membership will raise my "Disney Social Score" marking me as a loyal ($$$) Disney customer. How many surveys have I completed asking me to which of these do you belong:
  • DVC Member?
  • DCL Castaway Club? (at which level?)
  • Disney Visa Holder?
  • Club 33 Member?
  • D23 Member?
  • DLR AP, current?
  • WDW AP, current?
  • Cast Member?
  • etc.
Perhaps, someday, those checkmarks might add up to a better discount on the future AP program ... (here's hoping!)
We live too far away to enjoy most of the in-person offerings, but we definitely tried to book the lunch with Joe Rohde at Tiffins several years ago. That booked up even faster that BWV standard view studios for F&W! Looking forward to Destination D23 in November.

We live too far away to enjoy most of the in-person offerings, but we definitely tried to book the lunch with Joe Rohde at Tiffins several years ago. That booked up even faster that BWV standard view studios for F&W! Looking forward to Destination D23 in November.
I hope you get that chance someday! Meeting Joe at Tiffins would seem like sitting down with him in his home, right?

We got some 1-on-1 time with Joe at Aulani's Grand Opening event, poolside. We've also been nearby while he interacted with a group of young, hopeful creatives on the general D23 Expo floor and again at a behind the scenes tour at Animal Kingdom. He is so generous with his time and knowledge!

Just checked - discount only for NEW members. You can use the code on Disneystore.com for 10% on most orders.

We're looking at finally subscribing. One main thing I'm interested in is the Walt Disney Studios tour. My concern is; is it hard to schedule a tour? I'm picturing having to book it 1 year or more ahead of time due to popularity.

I get the magazine but don't remember signing up or paying for it. I thought it was something for DVC members....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter