D23 Magic and Merriment 2010

I'm reading all the wonderful information and feel so left out. Second year in a row that I struck out at getting tickets. I was so wanting to be part of the fun last year when I heard the D23 team talking about the festivities at Beaches and Cream the one evening. I'll be down there again this year, still missing out on the activities. I'm getting so frustrated with the D23 product. I have yet to be able to use it to attend any of the activities. I do have one of the $500 packages for the expo in California next year, unfortunately I will have to be separated from my husband since I was not able to get him the package as there was a mix-up when they sent his gift membership card and it got registered in my name instead. After several phone calls and e-mails to D23 and Disney Store, his membership number is still listed as my name when trying to buy tickets to D23 events. The people that I talked to on the phone were not sure if we could get the name changed after the fact if I registered with his member number which had the wrong name, so we kept on trying every day for a while to see if they would change it until the tickets finally sold out. The customer service that I received was really not up to the usual Disney standards, but I am still very jealous of everyone who will be going and hope you have a wonderful time.

Who's ready for the event this weekend? I can't wait to attend :) I only hope it gets a little warmer, it's FREEZING here right now!

I am very excited and can't wait. I can't believe the temps down there right now :eek: I hate coming from New England and not getting the benefit of going somewhere warm in the winter. In the 20's here this week. I need some warmth and sun. It looks like we may luck out for the weekend. Praying the weather doesn't push off. Sunday is looking very rainy right now though. I am not looking forward to that especially with the Christmas party that night :sad2:

See you all there :santa:

"Marian in Florida reminds us: As a Floridian I'd like to suggest to visitors to check the weather for Walt Disney World/Orlando before packing for their trip, especially December through February or March. While this seems like a "no-brainer", it's amazing to see folks dressed in shorts or sleeveless tops, even on chilly days. While "winters" in Florida are generally mild, we can experience some "cold snaps" (or at least it's cold to us!). We are frequent visitors to the Disney parks, and, I get upset when I see young children in shorts or sleeveless tops even when the weather is "chilly" by any standards. The parks are wide open spaces, and folks are generally outdoors most of the day. Even with highs in the 60s and lows in the 40s, the evenings can be chilly when the sun goes down. Dress in layers or, at least, bring a jacket for the evening. You'll be glad you did!

EDITOR'S NOTE: Marian's tip is especially timely -- have you checked the weather forecast this week? Temps dipping into the 30s at night, with highs only in the 60s, until later in the week. Brrrr... I better remember to pack my handwarmers!"

It looks like there is a cold front coming through on Sunday with 60% chance of rain...MVMCP night. Not good. I hope it comes through in the morning while we are enjoying brunch inside, or better yet, waits until Monday!

Packing is certainly a challenge because we always go at the end of May and first week of June. I don't worry about coats and closed-toe shoes then, that's for sure!

I wouldn't mind it being a little chilly...it'll feel more like Christmas then.

But NOOOOOOOOOO, please no RAIN! :eek:

Does anyone know how the extended DHS hours on Saturday will affect our Osborne Light viewing? DHS was closing at 8 before, with our viewing starting at 9. Now the park closes at 9.

Any ideas?

I wouldn't mind it being a little chilly...it'll feel more like Christmas then.But NOOOOOOOOOO, please no RAIN! :eek:

This coming from someone who lives in Georgia. It was 18 when I got up this A.M. and that doesn't count the wind. I'll stick with the 70's thanks. :thumbsup2

Weather at WDW - Updated Wednesday pm, Dec 8, 2010
With a high of 58 it's another chilly one at WDW. We'll see a short warm up beginning tomorrow. Tomorrow's high will be 61-63 with a very slim chance of a brief light shower. Friday and Saturday will be very nice, with a high 70-72 on Friday and a low 46-48 then 73-75 for Saturday with a low 50-52. Sunday is iffy. The high should be 70-72 but it will depend on when the clouds and rain move in. Right now, it looks like rain will arrive later Sunday afternoon. Nothing too heavy, though. Monday will turn considerably colder with a strong north wind. The high will be 50-52 with a low around 30. The wind chill will be near freezing all day, and below freezing by the evening. Tuesday should be 54-56 with a low 26-28. Wednesday will warm to around 65 with a low 40-42.

This coming from someone who lives in Georgia. It was 18 when I got up this A.M. and that doesn't count the wind. I'll stick with the 70's thanks. :thumbsup2

I know! Chilly is a relative term...if it drops in the 50's we begin to act like its freezing :rotfl2:

I'll be the one shivering the corner. :santa:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2616768

It's over on the camping boards because that's where I usually reside. There's at least one other review of the event somewhere on the boards -- it's even harsher than mine.

I'll be posting a similarly harsh review soon. I don't think anyone got the full 15 minutes up in the Castle. That was a real disappointment.

For now, here is part I of my less-thorough blog post on TouringPlans.com. It's shorter than what I'll be posting in my trip report (and obviously, it's only the first half of the weekend): http://blog.touringplans.com/2010/12/17/foto-fridays-d23-magic-merriment-reflections/

I'll be posting a similarly harsh review soon. I don't think anyone got the full 15 minutes up in the Castle. That was a real disappointment.

For now, here is part I of my less-thorough blog post on TouringPlans.com. It's shorter than what I'll be posting in my trip report (and obviously, it's only the first half of the weekend): http://blog.touringplans.com/2010/12/17/foto-fridays-d23-magic-merriment-reflections/

Looking forward to your trip report...based on your blog we seem to share a lot of the same thoughts on the event. Actually, I'm really enjoying your blog. I wish I had found your Christmas Photography tips prior to the trip!

Looking forward to your trip report...based on your blog we seem to share a lot of the same thoughts on the event. Actually, I'm really enjoying your blog. I wish I had found your Christmas Photography tips prior to the trip!

Here is a link to my personal Flickr photo page--I will be gradually posting photos from the event on here:

www.flickr.com/tombricker/

I have posted the TR in full over at WDWMagic: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=676457

I'm posting it gradually here in the TR subforum (see signature). None of the D23 stuff is posted here yet, and since that was the last part of our trip, it probably won't be for a while.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter