• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

D23 - info for those not going!

CVolkin

Earning My Ears
I am one of the poor unfortunate souls that can't make D23 this year - went in 2013 and LOVED it!! Is there a link or blog that someone will be doing from D23 filling all of us in on announcements and goings-on?? I am addicted and have to know!!

Unfortunately I think people won't be allowed to record most of the events. Live updates, I guess.

The things announced will be spread around the internet very quickly after it happens there is no need to worry about a lack of info.

just as a note. the disney parks panel is requiring all phones cameras tablets and any other electronic devises be checked at the door. so it may take a little time after those announcements to reach the internet

just as a note. the disney parks panel is requiring all phones cameras tablets and any other electronic devises be checked at the door. so it may take a little time after those announcements to reach the internet
Interesting. I wonder if Disney is going to provide a live stream/blog for all of us not in attendance. Though in this day and age we all know the rule will be broken. Anyone remember how that Marvel Event was supposed to be no devices? We got a complete video from multiple sources.

I thought I heard they were prohibiting filming and photos but prohibiting everything seems crazy. I'm sure it will still leak somehow.

phones these days can do both video and photos as well as i pads or other tablets.

I WISH they'd offer a "virtual ticket" (even at additional cost) for D23 members who can't attend...one that would stream the live events/panels/breakout sessions. Other cons (granted, more tech focused ones) do this.

I WISH they'd offer a "virtual ticket" (even at additional cost) for D23 members who can't attend...one that would stream the live events/panels/breakout sessions. Other cons (granted, more tech focused ones) do this.
I could see them doing this for the Disney legends ceremony and stuff but I don't know if they would do it for the parks and resorts segment.

I could see them doing this for the Disney legends ceremony and stuff but I don't know if they would do it for the parks and resorts segment.

Cons like "Blizzcon" and even the larger comicons offer either virtual tickets or an ability to watch MOST of the "big panels". All the pressers at, say, E3, are streamed by the various companies.

Disney might not WANT to do it, for various reasons..but there is precedent for it in other cons.

And even if Disney doesn't WANT to, I wish they would. ;)

I'd be happy with the ability to see recorded videos of the presentations later after the expo is over.

The DIS podcasts are going to have daily updates - they mentioned doing 2 a day one in early afternoon covering what happened in the morning and one in evening covering what happened in the afternoon

Interesting. I wonder if Disney is going to provide a live stream/blog for all of us not in attendance. Though in this day and age we all know the rule will be broken. Anyone remember how that Marvel Event was supposed to be no devices? We got a complete video from multiple sources.

There was a live webcast at the recent WDW mini-expo (can't remember what it was actually called). The session was about the design and development of the Carousel of Progress for the New York World's Fair. It was very interesting with some of the panel members who actually worked on the design of the exhibit.

Edit: The mini-expo was called Destination D.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter