D23 EXPO THREAD - See you in 2019!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, in 2015 the line was capped off around 6am so i'd say planning to arrive at that time would be a little risky.
We showed up at 6AM and got pretty good seats. Definitely in the first 50% of guests into the Hall. Are we talking about the same thing. Live Action movies?

:wizard:

With the D23 Expo gaining in Popularity each year do you guys think there is enough time to do the Live ACtion one in HALL D23 and still get in line (with enough room left) for the afternoon Parks and Resorts Panel in HALL D23?
Yes, but as I posted above I would cheat to the back of the Hall to get a jump. I think you will get in no matter what as long as you go directly from Live movies to Parks, but you may be further back in line. I did not want to take chances so I got a jump on others and made a bee line to Parks.

I got my tickets today :yay:

I have never been to a D23 Expo event (I'm a rookie).

The letter that came with the tix says that no re-entry is allowed. Do they mean into the convention center or just into the various stages/D23 Hall? May we leave the CC for lunch and come back? Better yet, is there even time to leave for lunch and come back?

The letter that came with the tix says that no re-entry is allowed.
This is in reference to the overnight lines as some people used to save space for guests that would join them later, or enter the line as a group and then all but one member would stay to hold the space while the other members went to their hotels to sleep. This has nothing to do with later in the day, as you will be able to leave and enter whenever.

Just keep in mind that this year there will be full security screenings at the entrance of the expo so if you leave you will have to go through security again, and it would not surprise me if that gets backed up.

We showed up at 6AM and got pretty good seats. Definitely in the first 50% of guests into the Hall. Are we talking about the same thing. Live Action movies?

Yep, the Live Action panel. Oh well, I might have just overheard speculation from the people around me then. Sorry!

I'm planning on lining up for Live Action around 4/5am. I already let my SO know to be ready with either a book or have some shows/movies downloaded to watch while we wait. Does the waiting area have wi-if?

I'm planning on lining up for Live Action around 4/5am. I already let my SO know to be ready with either a book or have some shows/movies downloaded to watch while we wait. Does the waiting area have wi-if?
No personal experience, but I seem to remember there is nowhere to go at 4AM. Hopefully someone else can clarify, but I thought they allowed folks in at 10PM night before and then closed up at some point (midnight?) and did not re-open the building until 5AM. Getting there at 5AM (or earlier) is not a bad idea. I cannot remember about WiFi. I am old school and bring a book to read for when all else fails.

For you any anyone else planning long waits, if they use the same waiting area downstairs, it is on concrete. Not the most comfortable place to wait for hours and hours but at least inside. I bought these to sit on:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01A9GQ4NQ/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=I3KX9MON0AM9JC&colid=31UKTQN1WSLQZ

Most everyone guts it out on the concrete using sweatshirts.hoodies to soften the ground. Some folks bring fold-up chairs then abandon them because they cannot bring them into the Hall because they are too big. Some folks bring these types of fold-ups like I just bought that fit into a backpack and you can keep these.

No personal experience, but I seem to remember there is nowhere to go at 4AM. Hopefully someone else can clarify, but I thought they allowed folks in at 10PM night before and then closed up at some point (midnight?) and did not re-open the building until 5AM. Getting there at 5AM (or earlier) is not a bad idea. I cannot remember about WiFi. I am old school and bring a book to read for when all else fails.

For you any anyone else planning long waits, if they use the same waiting area downstairs, it is on concrete. Not the most comfortable place to wait for hours and hours but at least inside. I bought these to sit on:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01A9GQ4NQ/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=I3KX9MON0AM9JC&colid=31UKTQN1WSLQZ

Most everyone guts it out on the concrete using sweatshirts.hoodies to soften the ground. Some folks bring fold-up chairs then abandon them because they cannot bring them into the Hall because they are too big. Some folks bring these types of fold-ups like I just bought that fit into a backpack and you can keep these.

Not last year. We got there about 4:30 and were let in the building.

Those lines were always so long, and they took so long letting everyone in, that GA opened by the time I got in.

Ah yes, I just checked on the official D23 website and it did have MoG for StorePass in 2015. I must be remembering incorrectly. I would have avoided StorePass anyways that day as I wanted to get into the Parks panel and the time slots for StorePass were 12p-5p.

Thought so! You made me think I was really mis-remembering. I was sure I'd gotten a Storepass for all 3.

I just discovered a great youtube series (originally posted by people on the D23 facebook page). Youtube search for 'Christian Millan d23'. Once you wade past all the Christina Millian videos he has a really good video series that really breaks down each aspect of the expo. I highly recommend it and I'm watching it right now.

Thanks for posting! This will be my 4th expo, but I'm still looking forward to watching!

The Anaheim Convention Center does have wifi, but it can get bogged down with lots of people on it. I remember having connection issues in Hall E while waiting, it was spotty.

You can find a bunch of You-Tube videos by searching D23 Expo planning. :thumbsup2

Got my tickets today! So excited. For those of you who have gone before, do they ever provide exhibit lanyards to display credentials/tickets or should we bring our own?

I'm starting to get serious about this now. It feels real with the arrival of the passes.

Does the waiting area have wi-if?
Yes, the anaheim convention center does have wifi but is slow as it is capped at 256K download / 128K upload. More info about it can be found here (http://visitanaheim.org/choose/convention-center/free-wi-fi-anaheim-convention-center).

do they ever provide exhibit lanyards to display credentials/tickets or should we bring our own?
Yes, lanyards are provided once you enter the expo and pick up your guidebook. However they are very plain strings (Black/Blue) and have a plastic pouch to put your ticket in. I always like to bring a pin trading lanyard to just add a little more disney to the bland lanyards and I just take a plastic pouch.

For those who have done the overnight lines before - what are your essentials to make your wait as comfortable as possible?

I saw someone post a link to a portable foldable chair a few messages above. I was debating picking up something like that or some sort of blanket to sleep on while waiting. Any other tips on what to bring to make the waiting more comfortable?

Yes, the anaheim convention center does have wifi but is slow as it is capped at 256K download / 128K upload. More info about it can be found here (http://visitanaheim.org/choose/convention-center/free-wi-fi-anaheim-convention-center).

Yes, lanyards are provided once you enter the expo and pick up your guidebook. However they are very plain strings (Black/Blue) and have a plastic pouch to put your ticket in. I always like to bring a pin trading lanyard to just add a little more disney to the bland lanyards and I just take a plastic pouch.

Wow, it's capped at really low speeds! No way that i'll be able to stream something off of that. Thanks for sharing!

For those who have done the overnight lines before - what are your essentials to make your wait as comfortable as possible?

I saw someone post a link to a portable foldable chair a few messages above. I was debating picking up something like that or some sort of blanket to sleep on while waiting. Any other tips on what to bring to make the waiting more comfortable?

It's down to your personal preference and what you need to make yourself comfortable. A blanket could work if you still find yourself comfortable sitting on the floor with it. The pro of taking a blanket is that you'd be able to fold it up and take it with you. A chair does offer more comfort in the long run but you'll need to find a really portable one otherwise you'll have to leave it behind. Personally i'm searching for a chair to take in as well. I might end up taking one of the chairs that had been linked earlier.

Are there any vending machines in the convention center?
I do not remember. Maybe someone else does? There are vendors selling hot and cold food. The lines can get extremely long so try and go at non-peak times.

I always bring lots of filling snacks/fruit etc. because sometimes you get in a situation where it is not practical to go and get food and you want something to fall back on.

Question for you veterans....if (use Saturday as an example), the Live Action presentation is set to start at 11:00 so I know people will either camp out the night before and arrive early to get in line. But how does it work for the queue line for the second presentation of the day in HALL D23, the Parks one? On saturday morning will there be another area to queue early on for the Parks presentation, or do they wait until people enter the Liver Action presentation and then start the afternoon queue for the Parks one? Thanks in advance

One thing that is of interest for me this year is the 'priority seating' for Gold members and how it will work. In specific, how will the priority seating work for Hall D23? Will they have an extra section set aside apart from the waiting section A, B, and C lines? Will they be enforcing this for those that wait overnight as well?

Also, in one of Christian Milans videos he has images of products that the Dream Store will carry. Does anyone happen to have a link to the full selection/catalog?

Question for you veterans....if (use Saturday as an example), the Live Action presentation is set to start at 11:00 so I know people will either camp out the night before and arrive early to get in line. But how does it work for the queue line for the second presentation of the day in HALL D23, the Parks one? On saturday morning will there be another area to queue early on for the Parks presentation, or do they wait until people enter the Liver Action presentation and then start the afternoon queue for the Parks one? Thanks in advance

Last time, they opened up the waiting area as soon as those waiting for the Live Action panel were taken into the main hall. This year might be different depending on demand, there may be a separate waiting area/room for the Parks panel that will be taken to Hall E once the Live Action crowd clears out. There has not been any official word from D23 stating anything different from last time so far.

Last edited:
@HWKI2 At past Expos, I've seen them start the next line as soon as the panel prior is moved to be seated (filling takes a long time, they seat you and fill the space).

As @Curlyxz says, this could change.

And there wasn't a full catalogue released, @Curlyxz. Sorcerers were given a catalogue of sorts of items they could RSP and pre-purchase... I don't have the link handy, you can look on eBay (search D23 Expo 2017) - lots of the items are already showing there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter