• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

D23 EXPO THREAD - See you in 2019!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I emailed D23 about changing my credentials to gold 2 weeks ago. I was told I would receive a reply within 2 days, and I haven't heard anything yet. I tried calling, and they said you can only do it by email. Ugh. >:(

I emailed D23 about changing my credentials to gold 2 weeks ago. I was told I would receive a reply within 2 days, and I haven't heard anything yet. I tried calling, and they said you can only do it by email. Ugh. >:(

I've had an email out about it for a while. I bought my gold membership the same day I bought the tickets and wanted to make sure the tickets would be gold. No response. Not cool. I'm assuming as long as we have the gold card all will be good.

I think I remember people having this same problem at the last Expo. If I recall, they were able to clear up the problems at will call the day before the Expo started by showing their gold card. We stopped by the desk to ask a few questions, and I do remember that there were other people there having tickets reprinted. So if worse comes to worse, you should be able to fix everything before Expo actually begins.

I think I remember people having this same problem at the last Expo. If I recall, they were able to clear up the problems at will call the day before the Expo started by showing their gold card. We stopped by the desk to ask a few questions, and I do remember that there were other people there having tickets reprinted. So if worse comes to worse, you should be able to fix everything before Expo actually begins.

I've heard this too. Unfortunately I will be working the day before since I am local, so I hope when they mail the tickets they will be right. I really don't want to deal with it there.

I also emailed them multiple times regarding the gold membership. I sent the first email right after I purchased the gold upgrade, and after a week of no response, sent a follow-up. I got a reply a day after the I sent the second email saying "Gold membership had already been applied to my tickets" and that they've resent the confirmation that shows this. However, the confirmation I received was identical to the first one, and in no way indicated the gold upgrade. So I emailed them AGAIN and they replied: "The confirmation does not designate what type of member you are, this is to show what tickets you have purchased and how much you have paid." However, they did assure me that my gold membership was showing up in their system, so I'm leaving it at that.

In an earlier email they indicated that they would begin printing/emailing tickets on June 22nd, so you have until then to badger them, but needless to say, I'm none too impressed with Experient's customer service.

Apparently Saturday single-day tickets are sold-out.
I'm pretty sure we're going to be happy enough getting into Parks and Resorts on Saturday and giving the Live Action panel a miss. That's the part that impacts my job, so it pretty much has to take priority for me.

It took me multiple emails to get my expiration issue sorted out, just firmly and politely keep on them. I would imagine that as long your status is X when the credentials are printed, it will capture that.

I would hope. :rotfl:

I've had an email out about it for a while. I bought my gold membership the same day I bought the tickets and wanted to make sure the tickets would be gold. No response. Not cool. I'm assuming as long as we have the gold card all will be good.
Do you know what email you used?

I just put my gold card inside the lanyard plastic sleeve. I am a CM, my tickets just say GUEST. So each Expo, I need to show my gold card, and it allowed us onto the gold line (if we are on an outside line).

I am going to try for Live Action AND Parks, like I did last time. It involved running after Live Action was over. :D I am thinking/hoping not all the Live Action people care about Parks.

Hi All,

We are thinking of going to the Expo, but we haven't ever been to a big con before (they are much smaller in the UK) and have no idea what to expect. The only panel I really want to see is the Live action on Saturday and we are more than happy to get up super early to go to it. However I'm not sure if we should book 1 or 3 day tickets? We aren't big shoppers so I cant see us buying much mainly something with the Expo logo on.

Any tips would be great. Thanks

I have been to the 2013 & '15 expos, D23 is the only expo/con I have been to.

I found my first one to be super overwhelming: there are a lot of people, and lineups take a big chunk of time there. After my first day, I had very mixed emotions, and wasn't sure about returning. Luckily I did, and greatly enjoyed exploring the floor and attending various panels. The 2013 experience definitely prepared me for 2015. Having lined up at 5am on day one, I didn't bother doing that again, and just walked in at 11 or so. You do have to sacrifice missing morning panels if you do that though.

My recommendation would be to get a 2 or 3-day pass, as you have more time to explore and return to things, as well as more options with panels.

What I also enjoy about expo is that you can get the discounted DLR tickets, including some which are just for the evening (or 4pm onwards, that's what I remember them having in 2013.) It was nice to end one of the days during each expo experience with going to Disneyland, and having an expo break.

That being said, everyone's experiences are different, and you may have better patience than me! Enjoy your first D23 Expo.

Just bought our discounted park tickets!!! And next Sunday we can start making dining reservations! Can't believe how close it's getting! Squeeeeee!!!!

Hello!
I'm going to D23 for the first time on Saturday (gold member!) and I just found out that the expo has already sold out their Sat tickets! ... I was planning to arrive at 5-ish am to get in the morning Live Action Panel but now I'm concerned I won't be able to get in. I'm a local and work on friday... and I really don't want to spend the night sleeping on the floor when I get out of work.. Do you guys think I'll have a chance at getting into Hall D?

Just bought our discounted park tickets!!! And next Sunday we can start making dining reservations! Can't believe how close it's getting! Squeeeeee!!!!
How did you get the D23 discounted park tickets? They are still not available on the D23 website.

Hello!
I'm going to D23 for the first time on Saturday (gold member!) and I just found out that the expo has already sold out their Sat tickets! ... I was planning to arrive at 5-ish am to get in the morning Live Action Panel but now I'm concerned I won't be able to get in. I'm a local and work on friday... and I really don't want to spend the night sleeping on the floor when I get out of work.. Do you guys think I'll have a chance at getting into Hall D?

There's really no way to know yet as we don't know what the lining up rules will be and what the practical application of the gold member "priority seating" will be. We'll have to wait for more info.

There's really no way to know yet as we don't know what the lining up rules will be and what the practical application of the gold member "priority seating" will be. We'll have to wait for more info.
Thanks, ashley0139
Have you been to previous D23 Expos before? Would you say they're getting more crowded? The photos look insanely packed. I can't imagine D23 adding more tickets! I was only thinking that because selling out early would only be bad if D23 added a ton more tickets to the event.

So with Saturday tickets now sold out, what's everyone's opinion on second best day to go? We are local, but unfortunately, it took us too long to find out our schedule availability that weekend. We are leaning towards Sunday. Is Sunday worth going to? Is there still merchandise available by Sunday? Or are things pretty much wrapped up?

So with Saturday tickets now sold out, what's everyone's opinion on second best day to go? We are local, but unfortunately, it took us too long to find out our schedule availability that weekend. We are leaning towards Sunday. Is Sunday worth going to? Is there still merchandise available by Sunday? Or are things pretty much wrapped up?
Merchandise, yes. Most exclusives, probably not. Some things might be allocated per day (I don't remember if they did it that way in 2015), but by Sunday anyone who didn't get through the line in time on the other days will commit to wait for hours for their last chance. It depends if you're just going to walk around and see stuff or if you really want exclusives. If you're mostly going for exclusives you could end up waiting hours in a store line, just to find very little left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter