D23 EXPO 2019 Superthread - dates announced!

Do you want Fresno - ABC30's Cory James to cover Media Day at Disneyland - SWGE?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
They give you the wristbands at Launch Bay. We entered DL at 6:30 a.m. and followed the line directly to Launch Bay (cast members placed all along the route to keep us going as the park wasn't opened yet). We went through the process to get our wristbands and exited Launch Bay a few minutes before 7 a.m. Then we were free to wander around Tomorrowland before the park opened. At 7 a.m. we could go on rides since they were open for Extra Magic Hour, or get in line to enter SWGE. I recommend the former if you want to do all the big experiences (Olga's, build a droid or light saber, etc.).
Thank you! We’re not really SW fans but curious to see what the new land looks like and ride MFSR once. It sounds like there are two lines to initially get into DL, one for SWGE reservations that opens around 6:30am and then another for regular MM which I’m guessing opens at 7am. Since we have reservations it probably makes sense to go with the SWGE line and then once we have our wristbands hit up Fantasyland for an hour and a half or so. The earlier in the park the better!

I've tried to keep up on the posts and am so excited for our trip! We have the 8 am - 12 pm reservation on 6/14, staying at the DLH. I saw one MaxPass comment that has me concerned and I am hoping someone can help.

If the trends continue, my plan would be to arrive at 7 am (not a MM or EMH day). We head to the launch bay and get our wrist bands then line up near the Matterhorn. We'll get walked to the SWGE entrance and get admitted around 8 am. We are not interested in light sabers or the cantina. We want to ride the MF (I heard to wait until the 10-11 hour), get some swag, and just soak it in.

I saw someone say that they needed to exit and re-enter to get MaxPass to work. I was hoping to stack some reservations for post-noon in DL. Has anyone else had trouble with entering too early and not getting MaxPass to work?

Thanks - and any feedback on my plans, let me know. First timer and beyond excited!

So the special event last night was for IPW 2019 which is international inbound travel. I work in the travel industry and but in a different market BUT am facebook friends with people I've met that do work that market in addition to mine. The pictures from last night's event looked so cool and I am so jealous.
(also to the person looking for magic shots go back a couple pages in this thread and I know someone mentioned an instagrammer that had good examples of the porg and monkey lizard shots)

I've tried to keep up on the posts and am so excited for our trip! We have the 8 am - 12 pm reservation on 6/14, staying at the DLH. I saw one MaxPass comment that has me concerned and I am hoping someone can help.

If the trends continue, my plan would be to arrive at 7 am (not a MM or EMH day). We head to the launch bay and get our wrist bands then line up near the Matterhorn. We'll get walked to the SWGE entrance and get admitted around 8 am. We are not interested in light sabers or the cantina. We want to ride the MF (I heard to wait until the 10-11 hour), get some swag, and just soak it in.

I saw someone say that they needed to exit and re-enter to get MaxPass to work. I was hoping to stack some reservations for post-noon in DL. Has anyone else had trouble with entering too early and not getting MaxPass to work?

Thanks - and any feedback on my plans, let me know. First timer and beyond excited!
Yes, we did have issues with Maxpass. We entered around 6am and none of our tickets worked for Maxpass until we exited and re-entered. My friend tried tweeting to Disneyland twitter but they weren’t really a help. I unfortunately don’t know if they will have it fixed yet or if 7am will be late enough. Best bet is to go to guest services if it doesn’t work and maybe they will help you out with some multi-experience FPs?

People are saying on Twitter that even speed-walking straight to the Cantina, they never actually got a text to get in.

I’m glad they changed the line-up system to texting, but they still need to do something to speed up the guest turnaround time.

The Cantina was so amazing - my favorite part- and it makes me sad that so few people get to experience it!

Anyone have an answer on how strollers are being handled inside SWGE? I'm assuming there is stroller parking for those going on the ride, but are they allowing strollers into the stores and Cantina by chance? My guess is no.

Also, I know they are doing child swap for the ride. How does that work and is the person that is waiting back with the child missing out on a lot of stuff that is visible only if you go through the line???

Anyone have an answer on how strollers are being handled inside SWGE? I'm assuming there is stroller parking for those going on the ride, but are they allowing strollers into the stores and Cantina by chance? My guess is no.

Also, I know they are doing child swap for the ride. How does that work and is the person that is waiting back with the child missing out on a lot of stuff that is visible only if you go through the line???
For strollers there really isn’t room in the stores. They are pretty small and crowded. There is plenty of stroller parking outside, though to be honest, I didn’t see many in general!

I have an 8am-12pm reservation time during an EMH morning. We were planning to arrive at 6am to check-in and buy MaxPass. So, in order to use MaxPass, we will have to leave Disneyland and re-enter? Has anyone else had to do this? Or, after checking in, can we leave and re-enter for EMH--maybe then it will register? Thank you!
I don’t know. This was a day one issue and we entered before 6am. They may have already fixed this.

So if we have 8am reservations and MaxPass we’ll have to leave the park and reenter to activate the MaxPass after park open?

Can anyone else speak to this??

Does checking in early have an effect on lines or whatever inside SWGE?
Checking in early wont have any effect on SWGE but I would definitely check in before your reservation time starts. I don't think the line lasted more than 5-10 mins when I was there Friday night. They lead you into SWGE rope drop style starting about 30 mins before your time slot opens with a couple "checkpoints" along the way to keep crowds from overflowing into walkways around critter country.

Love to hear more experiences with checking in for wrist band & then squeezeing in a few Fantasyland rides during EMH or MM, whatever it is called.

We don't care about the cantina or souvenir building opportunities & it's our only DL MM chance...anyone else have tips on how to get out of Tomorrowland & into the hub for line up?

This is for an 8AM reservation

Question about the droid building.... Do you have to purchase a personality chip?? If not what does droid do without vs. with?

Sorry for the delay in responding - someone else might have answered this already - we've been traveling and I haven't been keeping up with the threads. Yes, there is a special entrance - the gates nearest Harbor Blvd. We were there on a Early Magic Hour morning, and the reservation lines were separate from these lines.
Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter