D23 Expo 2015 - Who's in? Roll call!

As a potential first time visitor to the expo, if you get a 3 day ticket, should you expect to be there all day? Or could you also get park tickets and spend time each day at expo and parks? Thinking about trying to go, but coming from east coast and definitely want some park time.

I will be attending my 3rd Expo with my family. We are getting park tickets as well so that we can enjoy the parks in the evening. Most of the events/panels end at around 6-8pm. (Last year, only one event that we attended - the Sherman/Menken concert went later). We were pretty much done with everything by 5-6pm. However, we were totally exhausted because we were one of the insane groups that would line up at 5-6am...! It's really hard to know what to expect, schedule-wise, because it all depends on what panels/events you want to attend. We are buying 5-day park tickets so we can spend a couple of pre-expo days in the parks and then have the option of spending evenings/nights during the expo depending on the schedule.

Just adding my name to the roll call list! Plan to test the waters and go either Friday or Saturday.

I have spent the last couple days rewatching The Dis coverage from 2013. Enjoyed the vlogs, tons of good information. I'm guessing most of the DL podcast crew will be in attendance. Any plans for a meet?

I'm so excited for D23 expo this year! Mainly, I'm excited for merchandise! But I hope I can go to a few presentations too, especially if there is a Parks one!

I see there's a kid price for tickets. Does that follow the normal Disney adult/child rules (9 and under is child)?

Super excited to finally go to the expo! Just got my hotel reservation at the Anabella from the Hotel Passkey site and hoping to pick up some of the conference rate park passes soon:tongue: I saw others say that Sunday can be a bit slow. I have a weekend pass but I my husband isn't a big of a fan of Disney as I am, do you think saving some money by just buying Fri/Sat passes for him would be better?

I'm in! Booked a room at the Red Lion, which I've never stayed at but it looks good -- and I got a really good rate through the D23 website.

Does anyone remember from 2013 when the discount DLR tickets were released and what the rate was? I seem to remember they were only available for purchase at the Expo, but I could be wrong.

No, it's at the Anahiem convention Center one block from Disneyland. In the past it hasn't had much of an impact on crowds.

Glad to hear that. We'll be in DL the 16th-20th and I was slightly concerned about crowds on the 16th due to D23, but this helps me feel better. I figured it would either make crowds slightly worse or would pull people away so they could go to the expo instead and crowds would be slightly better. We already have to deal with the end of the passholder blackout, but those are our only date options, so we'll deal and survive - 5-day hoppers should help. :)

It is tempting to try to sneak in some time at the expo while we're there, however...

Adding my name to the roll call list! This is my third D23 Expo and can't wait for this one. Had a blast at the last two.

We were going to go to the Expo on Friday or Saturday only, but we are now considering a three day ticket. Is there enough to do if you go everyday?

TIA!

We were going to go to the Expo on Friday or Saturday only, but we are now considering a three day ticket. Is there enough to do if you go everyday?

TIA!
In my humble opinion, Yes!

If you enjoy Disney and all that Disney has to offer. Almost all of the different divisions of the Disney Corporation are there. Disney Storybook publishing, ABC and Radio Disney are just a few that quickly come to mind. You also have the opportunity to meet Imagineers and other Disney CMs from all parts of the Disney Company. You can shop at the D23 store which will have special merchandise for the event. In the last two Expos, the Disney Store and Mickey's of Glendale (the CM store at the Imagineering Campus) also had space for selling special merchandise, although the lines were long and will take up a lot of time. There are many many exhibits to see. Not to mention the panels and the big presentations in the Arena.

It is wise to go with a buddy or family member. That way you can manage your time better (one can stand in line or get StagePasses while others in their party can see what they can see).

If you love Disney and are a big fan, I think you will enjoy all three days. Just try to keep up with the latest news and tips you can find to make the most of your day and time.

Last edited:
Count us in! Had originally purchased the 3 day ticket and then about a week ago received an email saying we had been moved off the waitlist for Sorcerer's tickets! This will be our third, but our first time as Sorcerers!

Interesting - maybe they are bumping up the number of Sorcerers after all. I was suprised to see them leave that much money behind :)
I'll be there with my son all 3 days and picked Saturday for my granddaughter. Then I kicked myself because the savings on a child's ticket aren't that much and if it turns out Star Wars is featured more on Friday she won't be happy! I do wish they'd publish a high-level schedule to help pick a day - just legends and studio presentation days even would help.
At 12 she's still considered a child - last year for that though.

I'm in! Booked a room at the Red Lion, which I've never stayed at but it looks good -- and I got a really good rate through the D23 website.

Does anyone remember from 2013 when the discount DLR tickets were released and what the rate was? I seem to remember they were only available for purchase at the Expo, but I could be wrong.
We purchased our discount DL tickets through a link that was included in the confirmation email from our expo tickets. We bought regular hoppers because the "twilight" parkhopper tickets were still $99 a day, which is a really horrible value. The 5-day park hoppers were $270 (not a huge savings, but still something). I have no idea if you can purchase these tickets at the actual expo - the link says that the tickets will be available for purchase until 8/13.

Count us in! First time attending the expo! Super excited! Bought tickets for all three days of the expo as well as five day park hoppers. Looking forward to reading the advice from you experienced expo attendees. Awesome thread!

I have tickets for Friday and Saturday! It will be my first time attending. Can't wait!!!

This will be our first D23 Expo and are going just on Saturday. If we love it we'll do all three days in 2017.

If anyone can share their gold member strategy for what time they arrive, best way to make sure you get into the presentations you want, etc. it would be greatly appreciated - thanks!

Just booked tickets! We were only going to go to Disneyland but saw that this was going on the weekend we were coming in! This will be our first time attending. I have always wanted to attend this expo and can't believe it is finally happening!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter