D23 Expo 2015 - Who's in? Roll call!

I can't get the site to allow me to pay because "mobile phone number required". Sigh. Why do I keep doing this to myself? -- Suzanne

Having the same issue: lost Sorcerers tickets then a wait list spot due to the system spazzing, then it wouldn't go forward because of the mobile issue...and now it's duplicated my ticket and won't let me buy. Not that I want the duplicated ticket, mind you.

To add insult to injury...the automated email I received back references the 2013 Expo. Snort! :rotfl2:

I was able to get a Sorcerer's Ticket. I got VERY lucky as they sold out in 10-20 seconds.

I'm IN! Just bought 3-Day Passes for myself, the hubs, and two boys. This will be our FIRST D23 Expo, and I am so excited! My family and I are huge Disney fans (pretty sure we're in good company). We live in the Pacific Northwest, and are Annual Passholders at Disneyland. (However next year, we may need to go Premier…Thank you RunDisney!) We were engaged at Disneyland by Snow White's wishing well. :goodvibes My husband is a purist & loves all the classic Walt Disney things, while I enjoy a mixture of the old & the current/future Disney! Looking forward to this first Expo, and meeting some fellow DISers! :yay:

We're in! Perhaps we were just lucky, but we didn't experience any of the website bugs that others have reported. Whew!

I want to go, but I can't commit at the moment, since there are too many variables in my life. It would involve a cross-country flight and going solo, so that skyrockets the price. =/

I really want to go though.

Finally heard back from Experient (in a slightly chastising email that explains the Sorcerer tickets are extremely popular and sell out quickly - duh, I realize that and I was just trying to get anything to go through by the time I emailed them!) and I think my tickets are finally sorted.

Apparently I did get a wait list spot(s), but I doubt it'll happen.

But at least I did manage to get the 3-Day passes and only one for me, rather than the two that were sitting out there. :rotfl:

We got our passes yesterday for the Expo as well. Just regular ones. Can't wait. Did DL last fall. We are going to get a 3 day pass to the parks for durning the expo so we could be at the parks (even if for a short time).

I have a question for previous attendees - if I buy three passes using my silver membership will all of the passes get early admission to the expo floor or just me?

I have a question for previous attendees - if I buy three passes using my silver membership will all of the passes get early admission to the expo floor or just me?

All the passes you buy will allow early admission, at least they did in the past. In 2013, there were four lines for entry: Sorcerers, Arena (which was open to all ticket holders, not just members with early entry), D23 Members (early entry) and general admits.

It was controlled chaos, better than 2011. I think. ;) Lines opened at 5am.

We are looking to go - just bought membership waiting for it to show up to buy tickets. Hopefully can still get them..any thoughts on that?

What is the differene in the tickets? What is going on at expo for three days?

Is a one day ticket enough to see and if so which day? We will also go to Disneyland and then other areas of SoCal during same trip.

Need some info from vets to see if should get three day or one day? It's costly for 3 day for all 3 of us and not sure we would do three days of expo but need more info.

So if we did one day - which day?

We are looking to go - just bought membership waiting for it to show up to buy tickets. Hopefully can still get them..any thoughts on that?

What is the differene in the tickets? What is going on at expo for three days?

Is a one day ticket enough to see and if so which day? We will also go to Disneyland and then other areas of SoCal during same trip.

Need some info from vets to see if should get three day or one day? It's costly for 3 day for all 3 of us and not sure we would do three days of expo but need more info.

So if we did one day - which day?

If you just want to check out the Expo floor, the Imagineering pavilion and maybe the Archives...one day might be enough. However, the Expo is much more than that with presentations in the large Arena plus two smaller spaces going on throughout the three days.

If you just want to check out the Expo floor, the Imagineering pavilion and maybe the Archives...one day might be enough. However, the Expo is much more than that with presentations in the large Arena plus two smaller spaces going on throughout the three days.

Thanks :) So what is on the expo floor vs. the ohter things and presentatiosn in the arenas? Thinking maybe two days probably not three.

Expo Sorcerer Tickets
Its our second time but this time we purchased one sorcerer and one regular 3-day pass, instead of two sorcerer tickets. We simply didn't use all the benefits of the sorcerer lounge, etc...to validate spending $4000.00...hoping this experiment works for us...I hear a lot of people are doing the same.
Any idea how many Sorcerer tickets were sold this year?

Expo Sorcerer Tickets
Its our second time but this time we purchased one sorcerer and one regular 3-day pass, instead of two sorcerer tickets. We simply didn't use all the benefits of the sorcerer lounge, etc...to validate spending $4000.00...hoping this experiment works for us...I hear a lot of people are doing the same.
Any idea how many Sorcerer tickets were sold this year?

200 were sold initially for D23 Expo 2013. This was stated by Steven Clark, head of D23 at the time, before tickets were sold.

Then after the sale, since there was such high demand, they started letting people on the waitlist buy tickets and it went up to 300. I know this because many people I knew were all of the sudden able to buy tickets and they were on the waitlist. I know it was 300 people because the Sorcerer's jumbo pin they gave away, and the exclusive plush in the Disney Store for Sorcerer's, were both LE 300.

For 2015, I have a gut feeling it's either 150 or 200 and they are going to stick with that rather than sell more to the waitlist group (unless someone drops off). 300 people in 2013 was just too many people.

I don't quite understand your statement about buying just one Sorcerer's Ticket though.... they won't let you in the events in the Sorcerer's seats or in the lounge without showing your Sorcerer's credentials. You can't just buy one ticket and hope that it works for two people. The amount of seats in the events is reserved for the amount of Sorcerer tickets sold. Knowing that many people had to buy two tickets (one for them, and one for their significant other) I'd be quite upset if I saw someone getting the extra benefits without paying for them like we did.

Am I missing something here?

The only thing I can imagine is trading the credential off to attend different panels, but even that doesn't make much sense. I'm baffled.

Yeah missing the point, not trying to trade off credentials or anything else nefarious...

Sorry I guess my explanation was not clear...we are both attending the Expo but only one of us will use the Sorcerer Ticket, Me. Husband does not want to wait in any lines and did not enjoy the Sorcerer Package last time because of it being over crowed (the 300 people Ethanwa mentioned) so he will hang out at the Hilton until later in day once I am done fussing around and join me to walk around the Expo...Ive seen many people on another Pin site say they were doing the same thing because of the expense and that couples each want different experiences from the Expo.

I am happy to hear that you think they will keep it lower like in 2011...I hope so!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter