• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

D23 Expo 2011! Who's attending?

Wow! I am premier so I can look around the day before...BUT I can already tell I am going to be overwhelmed..and I hope I don't get disappointed if I don't get to see something!

At the last Expo we got in line that early for the first event. The line outside the Convention Ceter was huge by the time they opened the doors. I did not find the time to look at things on the Show Floor last time, this time I am making time. :tink:

Ok, another question for the folks who were there last time -

What time did you get there in the a.m.? Is it worth it to line up outside the convention center around 8 or so, or would that be a waste of time?

Also, lots of you said how bad the food was last time. Now that the PDF guidebook is up and they have details on dining, it doesn't look too shabby. Is what they're offering this year similar to what they offered last time?

I am SO excited - can't wait to let my Disney geek flag fly with all of you!

The only thing I looked at in the guide book was the schedule. I'll have to go back and take a closer look and see what they're offering for food. I was starting to get my grocery list ready. :scratchin

At the last Expo we got in line around 6:00 a.m. This year my group will be there at 6:30 a.m. on Friday and then we will adjust according to how that goes. However, out of my group I am the only Premiere Package holder, so getting in line early might not be necessary for me. :tink:

Wow! I'm glad that I ponied up for the Premier pass, I probably won't even be rolling out of bed that early, but you won't be alone. I'm sure there will be a substantial line forming at that time.

Last time in the Guidebook the food didn't look bad either..If I recall, alot of the venues weren't open during times they said they would be. Hopefully this time they will. Happy to see they are saying they'll have DISNEY churros :)

Last time in the Guidebook the food didn't look bad either..If I recall, alot of the venues weren't open during times they said they would be. Hopefully this time they will. Happy to see they are saying they'll have DISNEY churros :)

They can make anything SOUND good. The best selections will be at the BBQ thing. IMO. Though they call the food counters "grills", chances are the burgers and dogs are served out of warming trays, the deli sandwiches are OK, but even if they are made to order they are using standard cafeteria grade meats, packaged rolls that they probably order in bulk weekly, pre-shredded bagged lettuce...it might just be that I am a giant foodie and accustomed to eating better quality food. I've just never been impressed by the ACC food service. Nice to see that they have Disney churros! :thumbsup2

If anyone is attending the D23 Expo, I am looking for some help finding one of the D23 back issues (which is sold out online). Do they sell back issues here?
If so, I need the Winter 2009 issue featuring Princess and the Frog, and I'll gladly pay $20 plus s/h charges. Let me know if you can help. Thanks, Nick

Interesting that Disney has halted the filming of "The Lone Ranger" so close to their big deal Expo isn't it? Does this signal monetary problems on the home front?

Will be interesting to hear what they have to say about this, if anything.

If anyone is attending the D23 Expo, I am looking for some help finding one of the D23 back issues (which is sold out online). Do they sell back issues here?
If so, I need the Winter 2009 issue featuring Princess and the Frog, and I'll gladly pay $20 plus s/h charges. Let me know if you can help. Thanks, Nick

Actually you can get back issues here: http://www.disneystore.com/disney/store/DSIPageDisplayView?storeId=10051&catalogFromSearch=10002&N=1001064+&catalogId=10002&langId=-1&ddkey=http:DSISearch

Since (if I understand correctly) D23 members can enter at 9 AM and everyone else at 10 AM, do they different lines for those waiting to enter? Are there signs so you know where to wait?

Thanks.

i have to say, looking at the guidebook and the way it's set up, makes me feel disappointed in the amount of events. I feel the majority of things are for the younger kids. Looking at the schedule, there's something in the Disney Channel area all day every day, but the rest of the areas only have 2-4 things each. :confused:

Interesting that Disney has halted the filming of "The Lone Ranger" so close to their big deal Expo isn't it? Does this signal monetary problems on the home front?

Will be interesting to hear what they have to say about this, if anything.

I read they were tryiing to control costs and bring them down somewhat before filming resumes..

i have to say, looking at the guidebook and the way it's set up, makes me feel disappointed in the amount of events. I feel the majority of things are for the younger kids. Looking at the schedule, there's something in the Disney Channel area all day every day, but the rest of the areas only have 2-4 things each. :confused:

Hopefully that will keep the kids busy and out of the regular sessions! Might even cut down on some of the lines, as the parents will probably have to stay with their kiddies and also miss the more adult sessions. :rolleyes1

I believe this is to help out parents who brought their kids last time and couldn't keep them occupied. There is plenty of adult events on the floor, meets, etc., and doing about 4 presentations a day and then the floor stuff will leave you with a very packed day. I have basically no time for lunch on any day. I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

I believe this is to help out parents who brought their kids last time and couldn't keep them occupied. There is plenty of adult events on the floor, meets, etc., and doing about 4 presentations a day and then the floor stuff will leave you with a very packed day. I have basically no time for lunch on any day. I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

Problem is, I can't find 4 presentations each day that I'm interested in. :confused3

So I really hope you're right because otherwise I'll be disappointed

Problem is, I can't find 4 presentations each day that I'm interested in. :confused3

So I really hope you're right because otherwise I'll be disappointed

There is so much else to see and do besides the presentations, I'm hoping we cut down on a couple so that I have more time for the show floor.

I have a question to all the seasoned EXPO goers....

I am interested in getting a Limited Edition Vinylmation for my nephew who collects them. I am a D23 Charter Memeber but I have the basic 3 day ticket. What should I prepare for? How early should I get in line on Friday? Do they sell them at the Dream Store? Do I just run over to the store right when I get into the EXPO. HELP :scared1: I'm not sure what to do.

I can't wait for this event. It sounds like a GREAT time. :yay:

I totally agree there aren't 4 things each day i want to do.

Really?? Not counting all the stuff I want to do and can't I have:
Friday: History of DL Hotel, Legends, Making Little Mermaid, Parks and Resorts, (can I please run to Small World presentation and make it?), Trivia Tournament and Dick VanDyke.
Saturday: Studios, Pixar Creative team (why can't I see Once Upon a Time screening, Buena Vista St and Music of Pixar??), Legends of Imagineering, Imagineers Guide to Creativity, and auction.
Sunday : Imagineering Dream and Fantasy, Art of Brave, Radiator Springs Reality, Remaking Star Tours, and more Vintage DL & WDW.
Plus the tons of things to see and do on the floor and bummer at missing many other things I'd like, such as Pixar Shorts, Prep & Landing, etc.etc. I don't understand how someone can't find things they'd like. If none of this appeals then you really should not waste money on a ticket. If you didn't go before, you do not understand the scope of what there is to do and how interesting and exciting these presentations are. Dry they are not. I hope you will come back after the Expo and give us your impressions.

So I did some digging on the anaheim convention center website to get an idea of room capacity for the presentations.

The arena has a capacity of 7500
Stage 23 has a capacity of 1519
Stage 28 has a capacity of 814

So subtract a little bit from each for rooms for stages and such. From making my choices, I'll be spending a lot of time on the third floor in stage 23.

Really?? Not counting all the stuff I want to do and can't I have:
Friday: History of DL Hotel, Legends, Making Little Mermaid, Parks and Resorts, (can I please run to Small World presentation and make it?), Trivia Tournament and Dick VanDyke.
Saturday: Studios, Pixar Creative team (why can't I see Once Upon a Time screening, Buena Vista St and Music of Pixar??), Legends of Imagineering, Imagineers Guide to Creativity, and auction.
Sunday : Imagineering Dream and Fantasy, Art of Brave, Radiator Springs Reality, Remaking Star Tours, and more Vintage DL & WDW.
Plus the tons of things to see and do on the floor and bummer at missing many other things I'd like, such as Pixar Shorts, Prep & Landing, etc.etc. I don't understand how someone can't find things they'd like. If none of this appeals then you really should not waste money on a ticket. If you didn't go before, you do not understand the scope of what there is to do and how interesting and exciting these presentations are. Dry they are not. I hope you will come back after the Expo and give us your impressions.

Sounds like we'll be at most of the same sessions! I hope there are more people that aren't interested in the presentations. I just hope they don't wait in the lines and take spots away from us who have an interest in these sessions. Unfortunately I doubt we will get into half our desired sessions since most of what we want to see is not in the Arena.

I'm also wondering how we will have time to see the show floor with all the lines we'll be waiting in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter