• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

D23 Expo 2011! Who's attending?

Saw this on tumblr and didn't see it posted here yet:

Not going to lie, I'm pretty excited for The Avengers stuff, whenever it's going to be. Doesn't seem to have been put in the schedule yet (unless I'm just completely missing it, which is entirely possible)

I'm awful, I still haven't planned anything. Waiting until the near-complete schedule is out. I also haven't packed yet...not surprising since I haven't UNpacked from LeakyCon last month :rotfl:

Wow! Thanks for the info! I am so excited! So, how many hours do I need to be in line for the big studio presentation!

Also...OT, but you were at LEAKYCON?! Lucky!

I know I posted this here quite a while ago, but there is a meet thread where we have been discussing the possibility of DISers getting together before and during the Expo. If you're interested some of the meets are starting to firm up, check out the first post for the most up-to-date information.

DISmeet Thread

Hey all - I'm pretty new on here and haven't posted much. I'd love to be able to meet up with some folks. Please add me to whatever lists there area. I've got an iphone, so I can check in whenever and wherever.
We are coming in from KY. Will be in LA 16/17, then spending the day at DL on the 18th. Planning to be at the expo 19/20, then back to the parks 21/22. We are then heading down to San Diego for a week. Woo-hoo! I'm really looking forward to this trip!
I'm a charter member, but none of my cards say that. Also, I renewed recently but haven't gotten a new card in the mail. Anyone know what to do about that?
It will be me, DH and DS(3). I'm thinking that DH and DS will be spending a lot of time at the character stuff. Or possibly back at the hotel for swimming breaks. DS has a great attention span for a 3 yr old, but does get antsy like any kiddo would.
I'd love any scoop on merch. I can't wait to see what is in the Dream store. I'm actually planning to ask my folks if I can buy some of my own xmas gifts there and bring them back for them, lol. Sad huh?
I'd be up for the early meets at Starbucks for sure. Let me know. Also, I don't completely understand the lingo about the name tags. Help?

Lisa,
I answered your questions about the Lime Green Mickey Head Badge on the meet thread.

I feel like a dork, because I was excited to see the Monsters panel announced.... my favorite Pixar movie.......

SO many things to see, I can't wait!

"Wazowski - you didn't file your paperwork."

I, too, am ridiculously excited for this!

Please picture me stuck in construction traffic on the PA Turnpike and checking my iPhone for any updates to the schedule and talking to myself in excitement....:goodvibes

Also...OT, but you were at LEAKYCON?! Lucky!

Yep! :) I more than likely will be carrying the bag I got from it, so look for someone with a leakycon bag covered in HP buttons :)

The D23expo twitter account is saying the full schedule is up, but I'm not seeing anything added since yesterday so it may be a little bit until the page is updated.

But that does mean:

The full schedule is here!!!!

or will be shortly!! :rotfl:

Yep! :) I more than likely will be carrying the bag I got from it, so look for someone with a leakycon bag covered in HP buttons :)

The D23expo twitter account is saying the full schedule is up, but I'm not seeing anything added since yesterday so it may be a little bit until the page is updated.

But that does mean:

The full schedule is here!!!!

or will be shortly!! :rotfl:

I checked it a little less than an hour ago, and didn't see anything different than what was up there last night. :confused3:

I checked it a little less than an hour ago, and didn't see anything different than what was up there last night. :confused3:

Yea, I'm confused too. What probably happened is the person who runs the twitter/fb accounts was told "the full schedule is up! tell everyone" but the person who does the site, hasn't done it yet :rotfl:

Or they're pulling a fast one and think we won't notice :lmao:

Great now I have choose between the Kingdom Keepers thing and the Disney Legends ceremony!!!!!

I am SOOOOOOO excited about the EXPO. It is almost here. :smickey:

I had a quick question.... I am a charter member and I bought a 3 day pass for a friend. will they be able to enjoy all the amenities I will? entering the store early? the charter member lounge? etc... :confused3 I would hate to leave him in the dust......

Thanks...

I am SOOOOOOO excited about the EXPO. It is almost here. :smickey:

I had a quick question.... I am a charter member and I bought a 3 day pass for a friend. will they be able to enjoy all the amenities I will? entering the store early? the charter member lounge? etc... :confused3 I would hate to leave him in the dust......

Thanks...

They can get in the Expo early as long as they're with you. Not sure about the store. And they can't go in the chater member lounge.

For Premier members on FB there is a group that has been set up. There aren't very may people on it, but if you're interested search on D23 Premiere. You have to ask to join, so the membership is limited, but no asked if I had the premier membership and was automatically approved.

For Premier members on FB there is a group that has been set up. There aren't very may people on it, but if you're interested search on D23 Premiere. You have to ask to join, so the membership is limited, but no asked if I had the premier membership and was automatically approved.

There's also one for Sorcerers (which has been up since the beginning, almost a year ago). Somtimes things get pretty lively..Tim O'Day and Jeffrey joined and some of the artists..don't really know if they are just monitoring or something? Anyway, I don't think you need to be a Sorcerer, I think some said they weren't...

Ok, another question for the folks who were there last time -

What time did you get there in the a.m.? Is it worth it to line up outside the convention center around 8 or so, or would that be a waste of time?

Also, lots of you said how bad the food was last time. Now that the PDF guidebook is up and they have details on dining, it doesn't look too shabby. Is what they're offering this year similar to what they offered last time?

I am SO excited - can't wait to let my Disney geek flag fly with all of you!

They can get in the Expo early as long as they're with you. Not sure about the store. And they can't go in the chater member lounge.

All D23 Members and their guests will have access to the Dream Store and the Show Floor at 9 am. Guests will have "Member" on the admission badge. -- Suzanne

Ok, another question for the folks who were there last time -

What time did you get there in the a.m.? Is it worth it to line up outside the convention center around 8 or so, or would that be a waste of time?

Also, lots of you said how bad the food was last time. Now that the PDF guidebook is up and they have details on dining, it doesn't look too shabby. Is what they're offering this year similar to what they offered last time?

I am SO excited - can't wait to let my Disney geek flag fly with all of you!

At the last Expo we got in line around 6:00 a.m. This year my group will be there at 6:30 a.m. on Friday and then we will adjust according to how that goes. However, out of my group I am the only Premiere Package holder, so getting in line early might not be necessary for me. :tink:

do you get in line that early just to be able to see all the extra stuff on the show room...or to go to the first event.

At the last Expo we got in line around 6:00 a.m. This year my group will be there at 6:30 a.m. on Friday and then we will adjust according to how that goes. However, out of my group I am the only Premiere Package holder, so getting in line early might not be necessary for me. :tink:

do you get in line that early just to be able to see all the extra stuff on the show room...or to go to the first event.

At the last Expo we got in line that early for the first event. The line outside the Convention Ceter was huge by the time they opened the doors. I did not find the time to look at things on the Show Floor last time, this time I am making time. :tink:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter