• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

D23 Expo 2011! Who's attending?

If we've pre-ordered items, are these (the shopping times franandaj listed above for Premier) when we can pick up the merchandise?

As usual, I'm confused.:confused3 (But now I'm confused with a ticker...thank you, Alison!)

I have the Premier package but won't be able to check in until Friday morning. Anybody have any info on whether there will be a special check in area for Premier on Friday?

If we've pre-ordered items, are these (the shopping times franandaj listed above for Premier) when we can pick up the merchandise?

As usual, I'm confused.:confused3 (But now I'm confused with a ticker...thank you, Alison!)

I just got an email from D23 with the following:

As part of your Premiere package, thank you for your participation in the Disney Theme Park Merchandise Random Selection Process (RSP), Dream Store Merchandise Advance Orders and/or Special Order Merchandise opportunities for the first chance to pre-purchase select merchandise items.

Merchandise Pickup

Available to Premiere Guests who participated in pre-purchase merchandise opportunities. Please be prepared to show a photo ID to pickup merchandise.

D23 Expo Dream Store

Thursday, August 18, 2011

5:30 pm – 9:00 pm

Hall C, Anaheim Convention Center​

Dream Store Shopping

Available to all Premiere Guests, this is a great way to jump start your D23 Expo shopping experience before the official Expo start date. Even if you’ve already pre-purchased merchandise, be sure to stop by and shop the entire Dream Store assortment of product.

D23 Expo Dream Store

Thursday, August 18, 2011

5:30 pm – 9:00 pm

Hall C, Anaheim Convention Center​

For questions, please contact Walt Disney Event Services via email to wdw.event.reservations@disneyworld.com or at (866)247-1203.

Thank you,

D23 Expo Dream Store

Please note: Parking at the Anaheim Convention Center is not included as part of the Merchandise Pickup or Dream Store Shopping. The Anaheim Convention Center parking fee is $12.00 per day.

All information subject to cancellation or change without notice.

©Disney

BTW I was trying to get a handle on the schedule so that I could make a poll for the meet thread and it seemed that they added a whole lot more events in the last day or two. I'm hoping soon they come out with a *.pdf copy of the guide. From what I know of my marketing background, that sucker should have gone to print by now if they want to have thousands of copies of it ready for the Expo. Otherwise, they are really pushing it through the presses, since I assume Disney has their own "in-house" printing. If not they sure have a sweet deal, because we never got something that many pages (and colors) printed that quick without paying quite a few pretty pennies! Perhaps that is part of what the Sorcerer and Premier passes help to pay for.

I have a spreadsheet that I made of the schedule, as of yesterday. If you're interested in the pdf version, PM me your email.

I have the Premier package but won't be able to check in until Friday morning. Anybody have any info on whether there will be a special check in area for Premier on Friday?

Not sure about a special check-in, but the checki-n for everybody last time was really efficient. We did not arrive until about 10 minutes after opening (to let those racing for the Store get ahead of us) and I think it took us all of 5 minutes. It may actually take you a little longer if you have to spend a minute or 2 looking for the right place! -- Suzanne

Not sure about a special check-in, but the checki-n for everybody last time was really efficient. We did not arrive until about 10 minutes after opening (to let those racing for the Store get ahead of us) and I think it took us all of 5 minutes. It may actually take you a little longer if you have to spend a minute or 2 looking for the right place! -- Suzanne

Thanks so much!

So for all of us peasants without the cool tickets - how far in advance do you "last-timers" recommend we line up for both headliner and smaller sessions?

For instance, my two must sees are the Parks presentation and the Studios presentation. I had planned on getting in line an hour in advance. Should I line up earlier than that?

Also, I notice a lot of meet and greets on the schedule. If I can only get there 15 minutes in advance will I even get close enough to see the person, much less actually meet and greet?

All you "last-timers" are really helping manage the schedule and my expectations as to what I'll have time to see, thank you SO much!

So for all of us peasants without the cool tickets - how far in advance do you "last-timers" recommend we line up for both headliner and smaller sessions?

For instance, my two must sees are the Parks presentation and the Studios presentation. I had planned on getting in line an hour in advance. Should I line up earlier than that?

Also, I notice a lot of meet and greets on the schedule. If I can only get there 15 minutes in advance will I even get close enough to see the person, much less actually meet and greet?

All you "last-timers" are really helping manage the schedule and my expectations as to what I'll have time to see, thank you SO much!

From my expierence at the last Expo I would say an hour is good. Also take in to consideration of the popularity of the venue. If you think it will be a big draw get there earlier. We made three seminars on the first day, and that was the only day we attended. From what I have gathered from others that attended the last Expo, 3 to 4 seminars was the average.
A side note, we barely had time to eat, grab a potty break here and there and we ran through the exhibit floor very fast, and had no time for the Dream Store. This event is so jammed packed with things to do, you have to pick your choices as you can not do it all. With tha t said, you are going to LOVE IT!!! P.S. Bring Snacks.. :tink:

So the Premier packet arrived yesterday with our schedule for Thursday:

3:00PM Check in
3:30PM Shop at the Studio store (can't remember the official name)
5:30-9:00PM Shop at the Dream Store

I was curious if anyone in Sorcerer level would share the times and schedule?

Nunzia mentioned some Golden Horseshoe ceremony inside DL and at some point they get a show floor walk through. I would be curious to hear the details of the schedule.

Sorcerer:
12:30 Check in
12:30-2:30 Archives Exhibit Tour and Treasure Trove shopping
2:30-3:15 Hardhat tour of show floor
3:15-5:15 Exclusive shopping time in D23 Expo Dream Store
5:30-6:00: Travel to Disneyland
6-7 Invitation only presentation :True Legends of the Golden Horseshoe: A Tribute to Betty Taylor and Wally Boag
7-8:30 free time for dinner
8:30 shuttle 1 back to Convention Center
or..stay in park for fireworks and shuttle 2 leaves at 10:30

we also have the Farewell thing 6:30-7:30 on Sunday night, Lounge Friday-Sunday 9-7, light refreshemtns 11-7 and cash bar (booze??!!) 12-7..also says the lounge will have another Archives exhibit and Massage therapists and Concierge desk.
We also have, it seems, a day planner that we are expected to fill out, I am guessing for seat reservations? a bit fuzzy on that.Plus something about 9:30am D23 Member things in stage 28 and 23..

You should be plenty fine for Arena showings with an hour in advance, you might even get away with less. However the smaller rooms are the ones that I remember showing up an hour early and the lines wrapped all around the hallways. By the last day the queues for able bodied people were all downstairs and they were led up the escalators to the rooms about 20 minutes prior to the event. Things like the Carsland presentation, I wouldn't be surprised if the line starts 2 hours in advance.

Sorcerer:
12:30 Check in
12:30-2:30 Archives Exhibit Tour and Treasure Trove shopping
2:30-3:15 Hardhat tour of show floor
3:15-5:15 Exclusive shopping time in D23 Expo Dream Store
5:30-6:00: Travel to Disneyland
6-7 Invitation only presentation :True Legends of the Golden Horseshoe: A Tribute to Betty Taylor and Wally Boag
7-8:30 free time for dinner
8:30 shuttle 1 back to Convention Center
or..stay in park for fireworks and shuttle 2 leaves at 10:30

we also have the Farewell thing 6:30-7:30 on Sunday night, Lounge Friday-Sunday 9-7, light refreshemtns 11-7 and cash bar (booze??!!) 12-7..also says the lounge will have another Archives exhibit and Massage therapists and Concierge desk.We also have, it seems, a day planner that we are expected to fill out, I am guessing for seat reservations? a bit fuzzy on that.Plus something about 9:30am D23 Member things in stage 28 and 23..

The stuff in Bold is also included in the Premier package (except I think Sorcerer's actually have 20 minutes of massage paid for, the rest of us have to pay). I guess you folks are smaller in numbers than the Premiers so you don't need as long in the Dream store, and same thing for the Treasure Trove store. This helps me out because I'd like to set up the poll for folks who would like to meet up and when would be the best times. I guess we'll have to go with the schedule that they have put out and hope they don't schedule anything momentus during a time when a lot of folks want to meet!

I'm hoping to travel to the D23 Expo for the story I'm writing... anyone know of any meets during the expo, or care to meet up between events or in the evening?

Also if you want to talk a little about what made you want to attend, please PM me today!

(My bosses won't agree to pay for my trip until I can convince them I have enough people with cool stories to meet there... and airfares are quickly rising! Help! ;))

Looks like we are in the home stretch for the Expo. Some of us will be packing and flying soon...so I just wanted to say...

:banana: have a great time everyone and we'll see you there. :banana:

I started packing the other day. Just changed my hotel from the Ramada Maingate to the Holiday Inn Express today.

Does anyone know what time the shuttle from the DLR hotels begins running to the Expo and where the bus will pick up at each hotel?

I started packing yesterday. We are leaving this Saturday and will do the parks first.

Saw this on tumblr and didn't see it posted here yet:

Disney's D23 Expo 2011: Movie Line Up

Exclusively at Disney’s D23 Expo August 19-21 at the Anaheim Convention Center, Disney film fans will go behind the scenes to explore the exciting roster of projects on the horizon at The Walt Disney Studios, with a variety of panel discussions, sneak peeks, and exhibits.

On Saturday, August 20, Rich Ross, chairman, The Walt Disney Studios; Sean Bailey, president, Production, The Walt Disney Studios; John Lasseter, chief creative officer, Walt Disney and Pixar Animation Studios; and Kevin Feige, producer and president, Marvel Studios, will present a not-to-be-missed look at The Walt Disney Studios’ upcoming film slate, which includes Disney’s The Muppets, John Carter, Disney-Pixar’s Brave, Marvel’s The Avengers, Tim Burton’s Frankenweenie, Oz: The Great and Powerful, and more.

With projects from Disney, Pixar Animation Studios, and Marvel Studios, this special presentation will feature never-before-seen footage and all-star appearances by Jason Segel, Kermit, and Miss Piggy (Disney’s The Muppets), Taylor Kitsch, Lynn Collins, and Willem Dafoe (John Carter), Kelly Macdonald and Kevin McKidd (Brave), Jennifer Garner (The Odd Life of Timothy Green), Jack McBrayer and Sarah Silverman (Wreck-It Ralph), cast members from Marvel’s The Avengers, and other surprise guests.

In celebration of 25 years of moviemaking magic, five sessions will be devoted to the artistry and technical wizardry of Pixar:

* A Conversation with the Pixar Creative Team – Enjoy a rare opportunity to spend some time with the key figures responsible for Pixar’s unprecedented success, including John Lasseter (chief creative officer, Walt Disney and Pixar Animation Studios), Jim Morris (general manager, Pixar Animation Studios), Pete Docter (director, Monsters, Inc., Up), Andrew Stanton (director, Finding Nemo, WALL-E), Bob Peterson (co-director, Up), Lee Unkrich (director, Toy Story 3), Mark Andrews (director, Brave), and Dan Scanlon (director, Monsters University).

* The Characters of Monsters University – Director Dan Scanlon and Production Designer Ricky Nierva discuss how they combine hair, horns, and a lot of heart to bring the wonderful Monsters University characters to life.

* Michael Giacchino’s Music of Pixar – In this musical presentation, award-winning composer Michael Giacchino explores his early influences through the creation of modern-day classic scores from Ratatouille, Up and Cars 2.

* The Art of Brave – Production Designer Steve Pilcher and Shading Art Director Tia Kratter show how they and their team put paint to canvas and fingers to computer keys to create the stunning visuals of Scotland for Disney•Pixar’s upcoming film Brave.

* Pixar Shorts – This retrospective screening of the animation studio’s legendary short films will be followed by a panel discussion with several of the filmmakers, including Ralph Eggleston (director, For the Birds), Andy Jimenez (director, One Man Band), Angus MacLane (director, BURN-E), Pete Sohn (director, Partly Cloudy), Teddy Newton (director, Day & Night), and Enrico Casarosa (director, La Luna).

Expo attendees will also have access to advance screenings of an all-new 3D version of The Lion King, presented by RealD 3D, coming to theaters and homes this fall, and the upcoming ABC holiday special Prep & Landing: Naughty vs. Nice from Walt Disney Animation Studios.

Out on the Expo floor, fans can explore the world of The Walt Disney Studios at their leisure with comprehensive exhibits, including:

* Walt Disney Studios Animation Pavilion – Experience the art, technology, culture, and legacy of Walt Disney Animation Studios with filmmaker demonstrations, drawing classes, book signings, meet-and-greets, and art exhibits.

* Walt Disney Studios In-Home Entertainment Pavilion – Dive into cutting-edge home entertainment technology and learn what the future holds for Disney movie fans, with sneak peeks of upcoming films in breathtaking high-definition Blu-ray 3D™ and more.

* Inside Tides: Pirates of the Caribbean Film Prop Collection – Get an up-close look at an exclusive collection of detailed set pieces, props, and costumes from the billion-dollar blockbuster Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides.

Tickets to D23 Expo 2011 are available at D23Expo.com. Admission includes access to all experiences and entertainment at the D23 Expo and can be purchased for single days or for three full days of festivities. Admission is $42 for a one-day adult ticket and $32 for children 3-12. Three-day passes are $121 for adults and $91 for children. Members of D23: The Official Community for Disney Fans will receive a discount on admission as well as early entry to each day of the D23 Expo for themselves and their guests. More details about D23 Expo entertainment, events and special guests will be announced in the coming weeks. Fans can keep up with all the news by visiting D23Expo.com, as well as by following “Disney D23” on Twitter and Facebook.

About D23 Expo 2011

The D23 Expo—The Ultimate Disney Fan Event—brings the entire world of Disney under one roof, providing attendees with unprecedented access to Disney films, television and theme parks. For schedules, live updates, interactive features and tools, polls and much more, check out the D23 Expo mobile app at www.D23mobile.com! To be part of the D23 Expo conversation, make sure to follow @DisneyD23 and tag your tweets with #D23Expo. For questions during the D23 Expo, get answers by sending tweets to @D23Expo.

Not going to lie, I'm pretty excited for The Avengers stuff, whenever it's going to be. Doesn't seem to have been put in the schedule yet (unless I'm just completely missing it, which is entirely possible)

I'm awful, I still haven't planned anything. Waiting until the near-complete schedule is out. I also haven't packed yet...not surprising since I haven't UNpacked from LeakyCon last month :rotfl:

I feel like a dork, because I was excited to see the Monsters panel announced.... my favorite Pixar movie.......

SO many things to see, I can't wait!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter