• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

D23 Expo 2011! Who's attending?

Another person hoping for the schedule to come out soon! I am really excited for my first D23 Expo. I went to Comic Con last year and it was crazy but decided to try this instead since I am more of a Disney-lover.

We live about 25 minutes away but are staying at the Candy Cane Inn and walking over. It is one of my favorite places.

So excited!

You're smart we live about the same and came home each night last time. PITA! You don't want to have to deal with home, pets, mail etc. When you come back at night. Better to just collapse in your hotel room and rest for the next day.

For you folks that have received your credentials, when did you purchase your tickets? Are they the "exlcusive" ones, or just the run of the mill (mass hordes of people) ones?

I'm hoping that I'll have some Mickey Mail sometime soon!

I bought my tickets on the first day they were available. Just bought the standard three day ticket (no perks). Hope you receive yours soon.

For you folks that have received your credentials, when did you purchase your tickets? Are they the "exlcusive" ones, or just the run of the mill (mass hordes of people) ones?

I'm hoping that I'll have some Mickey Mail sometime soon!

I ordered them on day 1, hour 1....they are the Sorcerer level tickets, and they arrived today!

I got my pass today, regular general mass chaos 3 day admission. I purchased mid june. This really turned around my otherwise bad day!

Got my credentials:yay: I did read on the Facebook page though someone said they called to ask and were told July 8th. So hang in there if you haven't got them yet, not too much longer!

Hooray! We got our Premier passes today, too.

Coming in on Wednesday afternoon and have never seen Disneyland. Do you Vets have any restaurant or attraction "don't miss" suggestions for us newbies?

See ya real soon! Can't wait :banana::banana::banana:
Auntie Peep

Coming in on Wednesday afternoon and have never seen Disneyland. Do you Vets have any restaurant or attraction "don't miss" suggestions for us newbies?

Auntie Peep

I would focus on the things that DL has that WDW does not, like Indiana Jones, Matterhorn (which will be CLOSED I think), California Screamin', Little Mermaid ride, Mr Toad's Wild Ride and other misc Fantasyland rides, etc. Then I would also try and see the rides that DL does BETTER than WDW, like Space Mountain, Small World, and Pirates. And, I would try and see World of Color, and Fantasmic (try booking the dessert package maybe?)

YEP, YEP, Me too!!! Got my Premiere 3 Day Pass today!!! Can you tell I am excited?:confused3haha, lol, jk of course:rotfl2::cool1::rotfl::banana::yay::woohoo::dance3::tink:

Can anyone tell me about what time on Sunday the Expo finishes??

I'm coming from Northern CA with my 12 and 13 yr old and I can't decide if I should fly or drive.:confused3 I don't want to miss any "grand finale", but I also don't want to be getting home really late as my kids start school the next day.:headache:

We're coming from the Bay Area and we decided to fly. Check Southwest, flights are running $89 each way, but we figured with the time, gas and the ability to sleep on the plane were worth it.

Auntie Peep - I agree with the PP, first ride all the things that are not available at WDW, then hit the "better at DL" rides.

We got our Mickey Mail today!!:banana::banana::yay::yay:

Now if they would just finish listing the entire schedule so we can make our plans that would be fantastic!

Hooray! We got our Premier passes today, too.

See ya real soon! Can't wait :banana::banana::banana:
Auntie Peep

Hi Auntie Peep! :wave:

We're Premier passholders and I'm looking forward to meeting you at the Expo! You've already got some good suggestions on the attractions, so I'll give you some restaurant suggestions.

I'm not sure what sort of dining you're interested in, but for an overpriced "romantic" experience, Blue Bayou is a don't miss for the atmosphere. Their signature dish is the Monte Cristo Sandwich that is only served at lunch. If you don't care about the ambience you can get the same Monte Cristo Sandwich at Cafe Orleans for a few less dollars and it is served all day.

One thing that I prefer about DLR over WDW is the QS options, DL almost has the diversity of Epcot from the Gumbo Window, to the Bengal BBQ, Rancho Zocalo, the French Market, the Plaza Inn, and many others. OK maybe it's not as diverse as Epcot, but I find at MK it's mostly burgers, pizza & fries. I alwaays end up at CHH for a change. At DLR there are wonderful choices for quick tasty meals.

If you'd like a nice meal, Napa Rose & Steakhouse 55 are excellent choices for fine dining. They are pricey, but well worth the cost. We're now within the ADR period so you could certainly make any now if you decide on something. Check out the menus on Allears.net and you'll see what exciting choices there are, and that's not even counting DTD and DCA.

Speaking of DCA, the Corn Dog Castle has one of the best Corn Dogs you'll ever eat! Oh, and the Caramel Kettle Corn that you get in the stand in DTD on the way from the Grand Californian to the DLH (not the one on the way to DL from the Grand Californian) people joke that they must add crack or something to it because it is so addictive! :lmao: We like to get a big bag every time we stay at the hotel.

Even though people say you can do DL/DCA in two or three days, I think that isn't enough time because there are too many great restaurants to eat at! I'm sure you'll come up with a great touring plan and tell us all about it!

So exciting after reading that folks were receiving Mickey Mail for the Expo that when the mailman arrived yesterday I was hopeful..... Yep! He brought me Mickey mail, too!:cool1:

Hey, I just wanted to thank everyone for the great suggestions for our first Disneyland trip and share with you that I did listen and called yesterday for ressies for Blue Bayou lunch, WOC dinner package at Wine Country Trattoria and Napa Rose dinner our last night. Have to wait for the Fantasmic dessert thingie to 30 days out.

Will try the attractions as suggested. Am sorry to hear the Matterhorns down but there's so much to look forward to! Thank you all so very much!

With gratitude,
Auntie Peep (Chryste)

Planning and excited to go this year :yay:

It'd be nice if they'd release the schedule soon. I'd say within a few weeks we'll get more events. It's not a huge deal that it's not released yet since I'm used to not knowing what going on from going to HP cons but since we're making a mini-vaca with other things planned it'd be nice to be able to plan things ahead of time.

Anyone else planning to dress up? Meaning adults, not children :laughing:

Yep. My daughter and I are coming to the Expo, and making a trip to Disneyland.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter