D23 Expo 2011! Who's attending?

I was wondering how the lines work at D23? I am travelling in a group of 3 adults. Do we all 3 need to stand in the lines, or can one of us volunteer so the others can do something else?

Do they give out a schedule of the events before we get there?

Getting anxious to know what will be going on! What are the hardest things to get into? i am thinking the parks and resorts presentation?

PS one of you says to leave cameras and cell phones behind, yet you say you got many great photographs...... how did you do that?

you can BRING them but last time you had to check them for many presentations. I'm bummed I didn't get many pictures of the floor, etc. since I didn't want the hassle and just left my camera behind, and will suffer, I think, this year so I can have my typical hundreds of pictures of anywhere I go :)

How many events fill up, and how quickly? Does the main conference hall have enough capacity for all of the paid guests, should they all wish to attend an event?

Andre

Last time I don't think anyone got turned away from the Arena? If I remember that room holds upwards of 6,000. This year..if the Expo is bigger than last, which I expect, then all may not be able to get in. Other venues filled up quickly and many were disappointed.

Last time I don't think anyone got turned away from the Arena? If I remember that room holds upwards of 6,000. This year..if the Expo is bigger than last, which I expect, then all may not be able to get in. Other venues filled up quickly and many were disappointed.

As I remember, the most crowded presentation in '09 in the main arena was the Legends show, followed by the Theme Parks. There were still a few seats for both left, although the way the stage was set up you might have limited views from the "nosebleed" section.

The smaller presentations, such as the Muppets and Robert Sherman, were in smaller rooms, and were packed solid. There was a lot of showing up early and waiting required to get into one of those. I didn't get in to many of these, because of the crowds already in line, so I decided to pick/choose what was the most important for me to see, then made a point to be there early for it.

You won't get into everything, but with advanced planning you should be able to make it into at least most of your favorites. :)

By the second or third day they were going down the lines as they were forming or maybe an hour before show time, and handing out cards to those that were in line. One card per person to prevent people from sending a runner ahead while the rest of their party did something else. Once you have the pass one person could go get lunch, or they allowed for bathroom breaks, but you best be there when they start filling the room.

Unless you have a special pass with guaranteed seating, plan on picking and choosing and arriving at least one if not two hours early for the smaller presentations (meaning not in the Arena).

The pictures were taken everywhere but the Arena & the Archives exhibit.

2009 was fantastic, and we're now set for a return to D23, 2011!! We can't wait to experience the expo again, and everything that DLR has to offer.

See you all in line, early on the 19th! :goodvibes

We are so excitied. We were in DL in 2009 a week before the expo. So this time we are able to go to the Expo. Today I finished booking the hotel and transportation to the hotel. That was the last step so now we are ready to go!!
I wish more things were on the schedule so we can start making decisions, maybe after this holiday weekend more things will be up online.

Has anyone gotten the expo credentials? I'm still waiting and getting a little antsy.

Wish they would post the schedule. I want to make ADR's for lunches and dinners, but don't want to make them and then have to move them.

Has anyone gotten the expo credentials? I'm still waiting and getting a little antsy.

Wish they would post the schedule. I want to make ADR's for lunches and dinners, but don't want to make them and then have to move them.

I wouldn't make any plans for lunches..too much going on for that, so maybe just plan to eat at Convention Center for that. For dinner, looking at my guidebook from last time, it looks like the regular evening things ended at 6:30 or 7:00 so if you eat late, that could work, but screenings for the evenings started at 6:30-7:00 and ended at midnight. Really..if you want to see it all and also want to do DLR, then it's best to come before Expo or stay after for park time.
I'm getting antsy too. We were told we'd get stuff 2 months out, and here we are much closer than that and nothing. Some people have gotten their confirmation emails resent to them (not me) but that's it.

What stuff are people expecting by post or email? I've ordered my tickets a different way, and will be collecting them at the venue - but as such I am thus not on any mailing list for information/etc. Is everything posted on the D23 website, or are there any specific ticket-purchaser-only emails or other stuff that is sent out?

Andre

My 3-Day credentials arrived yesterday!! :banana:

Enclosure says:

"Bring this entire envelope to the Expo to gain admission to the event and to avoid long lines at registration. You will be able to pick up your plastic badge holder onsite at kiosks that will be set up within the registration area. The barcode on your credential contains your information; present this at participating booths and pavillions to receive additional information about what they have to offer."

Can't wait to be at Expo and DL!!

Donna
Long Island

For you folks that have received your credentials, when did you purchase your tickets? Are they the "exlcusive" ones, or just the run of the mill (mass hordes of people) ones?

I'm hoping that I'll have some Mickey Mail sometime soon!

I agree with nunzia, plan on grabbing a bite throughout the day from the convention center the food court in the Hilton. We're going to hopefully have a nice dinner Thursday night, but otherwise we'll probably have sandwich fixins in our room and will eat most of our meals waiting in line or in the room while we catch a power nap. Last time it was so jam packed the only time we had to eat was in line.

Can anyone tell me about what time on Sunday the Expo finishes??

I'm coming from Northern CA with my 12 and 13 yr old and I can't decide if I should fly or drive.:confused3 I don't want to miss any "grand finale", but I also don't want to be getting home really late as my kids start school the next day.:headache:

Can anyone tell me about what time on Sunday the Expo finishes??

I'm coming from Northern CA with my 12 and 13 yr old and I can't decide if I should fly or drive.:confused3 I don't want to miss any "grand finale", but I also don't want to be getting home really late as my kids start school the next day.:headache:

Last Expo finished with a screening of TS 1&2 in 3D that started at 7PM.

Hello LisaKramer,
Please send me a PM. I have preordered the vinyls so can get you one. I have the sorcerer package so we were able to preorder. I didn't order the cheshire cat pin but I can see if I still can.

For you folks that have received your credentials, when did you purchase your tickets? Are they the "exlcusive" ones, or just the run of the mill (mass hordes of people) ones?

I purchased it around end of March beginning of April. And it's just a 3-day "run of the mill" ticket. :)

ºoº

Received my regular tickets today. Unfortunately we cannot go as the airfare from NJ is over $600 each. I found a Dis member that will take my tickets. I purchased them in Dec 2010..

I have two tickets that I need to get rid of if anyone is interested. I bought them in August of last year, and they are $85 per ticket. I would love to be able to go, but work won't let me take the time off.

Donna

Another person hoping for the schedule to come out soon! I am really excited for my first D23 Expo. I went to Comic Con last year and it was crazy but decided to try this instead since I am more of a Disney-lover.

We live about 25 minutes away but are staying at the Candy Cane Inn and walking over. It is one of my favorite places.

So excited!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter