Cypress Pointe Resort ??

lovindonald

DIS Veteran
I was looking at booking CP phase I from Hotel Kingdom. A 2 bed villa is only under $600. My concern is that there is a king size bed in the master but only a twin and a trundle in the second bedroom. Has anyone stayed here with a different set up? I would think the second bedroom would have at least 2 twins. My kids are older and I don't want them on the trundle. Any help is appreciated!

The trundle is close to twin size. There is also the pull out sofa in the living room. At the Grandvillas the second bedroom has two twins, but you lose the surround sound and newer furnishings.

With 2 older children, I'd go with GrandVillas. The 2nd bedroom is tight in CP resort and would be very uncomfortable for 2 older kids. There is a sleepsofa in the livingroom, though.

I've only stayed in the Grandevillas and think they are great. The bathroom connected with the second bedroom (the room with two twins) is nice and roomy too. The L/R area is huge. Kitchen is very nicely laid out. MBR is wonderful (and I believe it is an improvement over the regular villas in that the toilet area has a door that can be closed). There are two pool at Cypress Pointe and you can use either one.

As others have said, go with Grand Villas. It should be the same price on hotelkingdom. The second bedroom on the Grand Villas side does have 2 twins.

I was looking at booking CP phase I from Hotel Kingdom. A 2 bed villa is only under $600. My concern is that there is a king size bed in the master but only a twin and a trundle in the second bedroom. Has anyone stayed here with a different set up? I would think the second bedroom would have at least 2 twins. My kids are older and I don't want them on the trundle. Any help is appreciated!

Just so you know a trundle bed is a full sized twin that folds to store under the other twin bed. It can be raised to the same height as the twin and used alone or placed with the twin to form a king sized bed. They were utilized in the 2nd bedroom at CPR as the space is limited in that room and having two fixed twin beds blocked the closet access. Plus it allowed for a chair for reading, dvd watching, etc. That room is smaller than the 2nd bedroom at CPGV but, as someone else noted, the newer furnishings, better entertainment equipment and overall location closer to the Clubhouse and other common areas make CPR our first choice despite the 2nd bedroom layout.

As others have said, go with Grand Villas. It should be the same price on hotelkingdom. The second bedroom on the Grand Villas side does have 2 twins.

I agree with this. My DD is 19 and found her room at CPGV to be very roomy even with the two twin beds.

Also, I'd like to add that the issue of newer furnishings is mentioned a lot. We were at CPGV the week before Christmas, and we didn't see anything that needed to be upgraded in any of the three 2BR units that we had. The condos were very nice. In fact, we plan on booking CPGV in the future.

The only minor thing was that they had VCR's instead of DVD players. We had brought some DVD's, but we really didn't spend much time watching TV (way too much to do onsite and offsite).

I really liked that the CPGV buildings surrounded the pools, mini golf, and activity building. If you do decide to go with it, request a pool frontage unit.

Another vote for CPGV. We have stayed at both and the second bedroom here is much roomier than at phase I.

:)

Sandra

Just a note that our two older teens were a bit put out about the twin and trundle situation - neither wanted to sleep on the pull out sofa in the living room.

The second bedroom is extremely small - however, we were able to drag out the big armchair that is in the room, and drag around the trundle so that it fit against a wall (the twin and the trundle formed an "L" with the night table between the two). This made the room workable, but again, it was very small - and dark, since it does not have any windows.

However, I just want to note that after the girls got over their snit about the small room, they loved CP and its closeness to WDW, some restaurants and shops they could walk to, the volcano pool, and so on.

We have read on the boards about HotelKingdom and this hotel/resort. Why are rates so cheap? and I know they don't allow pets, fine with us. What about no smoking rooms? We would prefer no pets and no smoking rooms. Just curious.

Any help would be appreciated. We always stay on site but this time the DH would like to stay off-site.

We have read on the boards about HotelKingdom and this hotel/resort. Why are rates so cheap? and I know they don't allow pets, fine with us. What about no smoking rooms? We would prefer no pets and no smoking rooms. Just curious.

Any help would be appreciated. We always stay on site but this time the DH would like to stay off-site.

The time offered on HK for Cypress Pointe - both phases - is delinquent owner time. The resorts worked out a deal with their management company to have the delinquent time paid while it goes through foreclosure. To recover as much as possible of those fees the management uses Hotel Kingdom as one of the prime outlets to get the time rented. HK demands that they be able to offer the lowest rate on the web so they are very aggressive with the price.

Just a note that this shouldn't go on much longer. As the delinquent owners either pay up or the weeks are foreclosed they will return to regular use and no longer be in the rental pool. I'd guess in another year or two you won't see anywhere near as many Cypress Pointe weeks on any of the mass rental sites only the smaller ones favored by owners. Enjoy it while its there.

This is is great info.

I actually have a three bedroom that I exchanged through RCI.

Has anyone stayed in a three bedroom?

ANy other info to share about the Grand Villas?

Julia

I don't really know about this. I didn't request a no smoking room. I always do, but I just didn't think about it - probably because the houses we rent are always no smoking, and I just assumed the condos were too. There definitely were NOT any ash trays in our condos (and we had 3 of the 2BRs), so I suspect that they're all no smoking. You could call and ask to be sure.

This is is great info.

Julia

I haven't stayed in the 3BR, but I can tell you that it's the 2BR with the 1BR lockoff added. The door that connects them is by the washer/dryer in the 2BR. Be sure to ask for the pool frontage units (otherwise you'll have the parking lot view).

http://www.cypresspointe2.com/floorplans.html

http://www.cypresspointe2.com/resort.html

This is is great info.

Julia

We stayed in a three bedroom, and as another poster stated, the third bedroom is conncected through a door by the washer and dryer. It was very nice; in fact, I have a room booked onsite for this June, but I am thinking I will change it to Cypress Pointe. It's so much roomier and about $300 cheaper.

i heard the cypress pointe resort is actually really nice. I have been trying to find some good pictures at the resort, does anyone know where I could find some? Maybe I will take a trip out there this summer :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter