Cypress Pointe - Now That I Got The Great Deal, Tell Me All About It!!

KLAIT said:
For anyone who has purchased this offer...does it say anywhere that you have to attend the presentation? I went to the page where I put in my info and did not see it anywhere.

Nowhere on my ressie does it say that I must attend the presentation.

I had originally booked CP thru Hotel Kingdom back in Feb for a total of 1285.00 ( 3 bedroom for 8 nights). When I saw the onetravel rate on here, I booked it yesterday since I had 48 hours to cancell with no penalties. I emailed Hotel Kingdom, and they said they couldn't match the rate because the Onetravel rate required a 90 minute presentation, thiers did not.

I noticed on the bottom of my ressie with one travel it said to call to verify room occupancy, so I called and since we have a party of 7, she said we were fine with which ever section we were given.
So I cancelled my Hotel Kingdom ressie, and kept the one at One travel, I saved about $900 dollars, totally worth a 90 minute presentation to me.

has anyone confirmed their res with the resort yet? I'll feel a lot better, once I get my hotel voucher confirming that it's all set! When is everyone going?

The wife, 2 kids and myself are going down July 11th thru the 16th. We are not doing Disney this time, we got the Universal buy 2 adult 2 day tix get them upgraded to 5 day and 2 free 5 day childrens tix deal they are currently advertising.

chrisann said:
has anyone confirmed their res with the resort yet? I'll feel a lot better, once I get my hotel voucher confirming that it's all set! When is everyone going?

I haven't even been charged yet. Hmmm, Hopefully they do it today!

I logged back into my reservation to see if there is mention of a timeshare presentation and the note at the bottom of my reservation says "A request has been submitted to CANCEL this booking on 4/24/06". It certainly wasn't submitted by me so we'll see how things work out. I suspect that this was a typo or they're going to amend the terms to include the timeshare presentation.

ETA: When I logged back onto the onetravel.com website and tried searching my exact dates Cypress Pointe came up at $149 a day for all the dates of my stay. I think they're going to use their escape clause on this deal!

Congrats to those who go this great rate. I entered some December dates last night as well as this morning and the great rate showed up.

I just checked again and it looks like the rate has been pulled. I checked many dates in December as well as different numbers of adults/children and I can only find very HIGH rates now!!!

Bummer, just got this email....

Dear Customer,

Thank you for making your recent hotel reservation with us. Please be advised, however, that we have been unable to receive final confirmation for your requested travel dates and/or room type from the hotel you selected. Some hotels do not have the electronic booking capabilities required for instantaneous confirmation and it can take an average of 1-3 days to receive confirmation from them. Unfortunately the hotel you selected was unable to confirm your request.

***** NOTICE *****
At this time, you do not have a valid reservation with the hotel, however we would be glad to help assist in making alternate arrangements. Please contact one of our customer service professionals at 1-800-929-2523 or click here if you would like to select another hotel online.

I would also like to know if there is a timeshare presentation involved. If so, I'll have to pay more and stay somewhere else because I don't want to do a timeshare presentation. Been there, done that. Don't want to go through that again!

summerrluvv said:

Dear Customer,

Thank you for making your recent hotel reservation with us. Please be advised, however, that we have been unable to receive final confirmation for your requested travel dates and/or room type from the hotel you selected. Some hotels do not have the electronic booking capabilities required for instantaneous confirmation and it can take an average of 1-3 days to receive confirmation from them. Unfortunately the hotel you selected was unable to confirm your request.

***** NOTICE *****
At this time, you do not have a valid reservation with the hotel, however we would be glad to help assist in making alternate arrangements. Please contact one of our customer service professionals at 1-800-929-2523 or click here if you would like to select another hotel online.

I just got the same email as well. Does that mean we have to wait a few more days or that they are not going to honor the price? If not, I need to go back to my original plans. Thanks!

summerrluvv said:

Dear Customer,

***** NOTICE *****

I also got the same email, looks like I will have to find something else :goodvibes

Miwings said:
I just got the same email as well. Does that mean we have to wait a few more days or that they are not going to honor the price? If not, I need to go back to my original plans. Thanks!

It doesn't look like they are honoring it based on the email and the fact that it says we have no current ressie.

summerrluvv said:
It doesn't look like they are honoring it based on the email and the fact that it says we have no current ressie.

Also received the email. I guess it was a pricing mistake, although I'm pretty sure I've seen people post about Cypress Pointe through SkyAuction for a price comparable to this, so there was a chance that it was valid. I'll just stick with my original reservation elsewhere.

I just got done talking with Onetravel on the phone. They did confirm that they could not get the reservation. I asked what happens to all the information that we put in, such as cc # and they said it is purged from there system. I hope that is true and that this wasn't some sort of scam :sad2: I guess I'll just keep looking. :surfweb:

How long did it take to receive the email that they couldn't receive confirmation from the hotel? I ask because I had a problem with my billing address, and I got an email telling me to contact them. I sent an email to servicing, and got an email back telling me my reservation was fine, but just need hotel confirmation. That was several hours ago, and I haven't received any notification that my reservation would be cancelled. As a matter of fact, I just logged in to the "check reservation" at onetravel.com, and my reservation is still there, and says an email confirmation will be sent shortly. My dates are not until Nov/Dec. Do you think that made a difference, or has it just not been long enough for them to cancel it?

my res. was for October, when did you make it? Maybe if you made it early enough, it slippied through their system. If that's the case, congratulations!!

I made the reservation after some of the others posted about the great deal. It was probably 10:30 or so this morning, nearly 12 hours ago. I just wondered if the folks who got the email had made the reservation over the weekend or this morning. I'm going to remain hopeful that maybe having to go through servicing saved my reservation! We stayed at CPGV through skyauction our first trip 2 years ago, and tried to get it again when we went in the fall. It has become so popular that it doesn't seem to come up on skyauction at all anymore. When I saw the deal I thought that maybe they were just using a different clearing house, since my price is comparable to what I paid on skyauction. It is a great resort, so I am excited about the possibility of staying again.

FayeW
I still haven't received the cancellation email but when I log into my reservation, using the reservation number, near the bottom right hand side it says that a request to cancel the booking was received on 4/24/06. I made my reservation late Sunday night.
HTH
Tina

Thanks for the info. My reservation still looks good, no cancellation request showing on the reservation itself, and I have not received the dreaded email notice yet either. I called my credit card company, but they have not charged my account yet so I guess it is still up in the air.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter