• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cypress Gardens Closing

UKPhil

Mouseketeer
http://www.cypressgardens.com/pressrelease/displaynews.asp?newsid=1028

Sad. We only ever went there once when our kids were very small. It was a quiet day and none of the childrens rides were open, so a staff member opened up each ride in turn so our two could have a go. One of those places that's been there forever and I thought would always be there so we didn't rush to go back.

I'm going to add Silver Springs to our plans for October just in case.

Although I have never been there I still think it is a shame it is closing down:(

I got married in cypress gardens in 2001 and i am gutted that its closing, we are going back to florida in june and we were hoping to revisit to remember our very special day!!

Oh well, just to have to rely on memories and our photographs:(

I thought of your trip report when I saw the header Richard...sad for those of you with happy memories of the place though.

Yes, 11 years ago, when it was owned by Busch, we had a very nice afternoon out there after water-skiing in the morning.

we were there in May 2001 and it was lovely - we had a really relaxing day there, although I do agree with Richard that the zoo wasn't very nice, but the rest of the park was lovely.
We had a hilarious time watching the waterskiing show as they kept falling over quite a lot!

Bev

Oh I am really sad to see this - such a shame.
We went for the first time back in 2001 and I have only just recently scrapbooked the pictures making comment that I would love to go back again. We have some great memories of that day - such a shame they will be our only memories now.

:(

We managed 3 trips there in the last 3 years and have some wonderful pictures of our daughter in various locations around the park in her 'southern belle ' gown.

She was going to get married there (our friend's did) but settled on Mt Dora instead.

Very sad-thought it was a magic place-eventhough it was getting expensive

Alison

This is very sad news although I'm not really very surprised. I suppose with so many high-tech theme parks and attractions, it just couldn't compete. It was a beautiful place though (except the animal enclosures) and I'm glad I got to visit it.

I wonder what will happen to all that land?

Louise

I am very sad to hear of this close down,we were there in 2001 and had planned to take our friends on May 9th this year,we always thought the flowers and gardens were wonderfull

Rumour has it they plan to build homes on the land.Such as shame.Still they may well have excellent community gardens.

OH NO!!!! This is seriously bad for us as I have booked our wedding to take place there in October:( I am going to have to get on to the company to find out what we do now:eek:

Annmarie

Oh No Annmarie - that is such a shame!!

I hope that you get some answers, do let us know how you get on and what other plans you make.

Good luck.

AnnMarie I'm so sorry - this thread must have been an awful shock.

Please let us know what happens.

That is a shame AnnMarie. Despite my misgivings about the zoo and the admission price, the gardens were lovely and ideal for weddings.

I really hope that you can get somewhere else nice to get married.

Hi Anne Marie

we are also in the same boat as you as trying to find another wedding location for October too - we were due to get married on 24th October at Cypress Gardens now we have the hassle of trying to find somewhere else.

We are currently looking in to cypress grove and maybe you shoudl try them too I would be interested to hear how you get on with finding another venue.

Regards

Tracy and Daniel

Well now I've got over the shock, disappointment and upset! I've been in touch with the company we have booked our wedding through. They have been very helpful and have offered us Cyprus Grove which was our backup. It looks pretty just not as nice as Cypress Gardens looked but still at least we should have a venue.

Tracy, we have booked our wedding through a company called Crownline. I spoke to them today and she re-assured me that we should be okay for Cyprus Grove but she was desperately trying to sort out venues for people who were due to be getting married at Cypress Gardens from this week through to May for the time being. I guess you and I are lucky our dates are a while away:( Did you book direct with Cypress Gardens or have you gone through a company? Hope you get sorted out too.

Annmarie

Hi Anne Marie

We have also been in touch with Crownline and they have offered us dates for the wedding too at Cypress Grove.

I agree with what you say about it not being as nice as Cypress Gardens but I am sure the wedding will still be great anyway.

I need to speak further with Crownline but I imagine that we will be booking through them but will keep you posted.

Tracy

Hi Holly

Sorry I have not been in touch but I have been busy over the past few days.

I have not managed to book anywhere else yet looking at some other options but still pretty gutted about Cypress Gardens closing.

I have not managed to recover the money yet from Cypress Gardens but I too will be taking the matter up with the credit card company I will let you know how I get on.

Thanks for keeping in touch

Tracy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter