CVS vs Walgreen's

MyGirlLovesTink

DIS Veteran
I am hearing conflicting info about which one is more consistent in providing results in a timely manner. For those that have tested at either location, would you be willing to share how long it took you to get your results for the Rapid ID NAAT test and whether you had it done at CVS or Walgreen's? Trying to decide which one is better to test at. I don't want to be stressed about not receiving my results within the 72 hours.

Walgreens, results in 40 min. Had a noon appointment. I also think the Walgreens online form is more streamlined. I was talking to a friend who was reading off all the CVS questions and seemed more.
I did the test 48 hrs before travel. Just worked better for my schedule.

We went to Walgreens for my husband and son’s tests on Friday morning (they went home today and I’m staying here with 2 kids). They did the rapid NAAT test and had their results in less than 2 hours. No problem at the airport with the tests (even if it says Rapid Test, but it’s not an antigen). We will do the same on Thursday morning in preparation for our return on Saturday.

Walgreens, results in 40 min. Had a noon appointment. I also think the Walgreens online form is more streamlined. I was talking to a friend who was reading off all the CVS questions and seemed more.
I did the test 48 hrs before travel. Just worked better for my schedule.
Is Walgreens' free?

Yup, the rapid ID NAAT test at Walgreen's is free.

Wow! May I ask the details? I thought that it was a 48 min wait for the NAAT and anything faster was going to cost money.
Is this only available at Walgreens?
Is it a drive through?
Would you mind sharing the location?
Thank you!

Yes use your hotel address on the form. Say no when asked if you have any insurance. Bring photo ID with you. I just showed my Canadian Drivers licence. They didn’t bat an eye.
I had my results in 40 min. Noon appointment time. I went to the 12100 S. Apopka Vineland Rd one. They are all drive thru.
How far in advance were you able to book? I can't seem to find any appointments at any Walgreens. ETA...they only seem to be showing for Aug 17 and 18. Do you know when they release new appointments?

Last edited:
Walgreens really does open up availability for the 3rd day ahead between 9:30 and 10:30pm. I was able to book our appointments for Wednesday afternoon at 9:45pm yesterday (Sunday). At 9:00pm, there wasn’t any availability at this location (also using the Apopka Vineland location) and it appeared at 9:45. Don’t be discouraged by the fact that there doesn’t seem to be availability when looking too far ahead. Just make sure to look at the right moment. I was panicking before leaving home (and starting to consider renting a car to get to a paying facility) but I “practiced” at the right time and saw that there was new appointments consistently added every night so I calmed down. No need to pay any more than needed (vacations are pricey enough!).

Hi Everyone!

My wife and I will be at Disneyland from Dec 8-15. I have heard some good things about Walgreens & CVS. Has anyone here used either Walgreens or CVS in Anaheim? I looked today, and it looks like Walgreens does not have NAAT test available in the area vs Orlando. CVS also makes you pay $139 for a PCR test for travel whereas I have seen Walgreens @ $0.00. We are ok paying for a test, but of course, we need to make sure we get the test back pretty quick. (We will be getting the tests done right at the 72 hour mark if possible)

We look forward to your comments!
Thx.

Okay, so I found an even better alternative to CVS and Walgreen's. I booked an appointment on BeeperMD.com and they come to your hotel to test you in your room. And it's free!!! I have already heard from a few people that used it and everything went well with receiving their results. It is a PCR test and most people report getting the results in around 30 hours.

Don't have to leave Disney property and you don't have to spend a dime!

Okay, so I found an even better alternative to CVS and Walgreen's. I booked an appointment on BeeperMD.com and they come to your hotel to test you in your room. And it's free!!! I have already heard from a few people that used it and everything went well with receiving their results. It is a PCR test and most people report getting the results in around 30 hours.

Just so you are aware the reviews on facebook for this company are horrendous and filled with complaints about no shows. If you do have a good experience please report back.

ETA: they actually don't have any reviews on their facebook any more and it appears they have disable the ability for people to leave reviews and comment on anything but their posts. It's a bit sketchy if you ask me.

Last edited:

I would also be questioning when these people were tested. Was it back in Feb/March when no one was getting tested and they were able to get the PCR kits; because with the no shows that are being report I would be hesitant in expecting them to be top of the list for supplies (they are a medical software company). A pp commented that they made a booking with them and are going to also book Walgreens in the afternoon should they be a no show. I think that's the smart move until someone on here posts an actual good experience with them.

I know someone last week that used them and had a good experience. I have a backup CVS appointment just in case. The reviews I have heard have been recent though and all positive.

I know someone last week that used them and had a good experience. I have a backup CVS appointment just in case. The reviews I have heard have been recent though and all positive.
Awesome that you know someone who has used them! (vs just some random FB posts). Wishing you and others the best of luck with them and look forward to hearing about your experiences.
Question: are you using them in Anaheim vs Orlando since you mentioned a CVS appointment? And is that where the person you know used them -- in Anaheim/California or Orlando area? Thx

Awesome that you know someone who has used them! (vs just some random FB posts). Wishing you and others the best of luck with them and look forward to hearing about your experiences.
Question: are you using them in Anaheim vs Orlando since you mentioned a CVS appointment? And is that where the person you know used them -- in Anaheim/California or Orlando area? Thx
I am using them in Orlando, and that is where the person I know used them. I also have a backup CVS appointment in Orlando booked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter