Cutting in line..

Status
Not open for further replies.
It depends. I think a lot of people do the "catch up" with their party thing. Where the whole family is waiting in line to meet Ariel, for example, then the littlest has to go pee and they don't want to lose their place in line so someone stays in line and the others go off to the bathroom. This really doesn't bother me. I know there are arguments about it but i don't have a problem with it. In the end i'm not losing any time by letting them back into their spot.

Then there's the groups that try and claim they have friends up ahead and are trying to catch up. You can usually tell the difference or at least have a feeling if they are full of "honey" or not. These types of incidents i have a hard time keeping my mouth shut. I had it happen on Splash mountain once and let the people cut but as soon as a saw a CM i told them and the CM DID in fact make them go to the end of the line.

Oh, I wouldn't care about a parent bringing the child to the other parent. I have a 5 year old, so I'm sure there will be lots of potty breaks. I mainly meant random people just getting in the line from no where.

I'm glad the CM made them move to the back!

I'm not understanding why this thread wôuld be a problem? :confused::confused:

I've read a lot about this lately, & I'm wondering how many of YOU have actually had this happen?

You said you'd read a lot about this. If you had read about it here on the Dis (by using the search feature) you would have known that these threads never, ever end well. If you want a sample, try Searching "Line Cutting" threads.

Only once that really seemed like cutting. But it happened so fast that I didn't react. Most things don't bother me. We are pretty mellow people.

Having been to both resorts; cutting in line seems much more prevalent at DLR than WDW. Most of the cutting (either resort) is where one person holds a place and the other members jump the rope at the last moment to catch up. Doing this at WDW seems very rare - I witness it once or never per week- and the reaction is a lot of stink eye or worse. It seem quasi accepted at DLR - you see it 3-4 times a day. Most of the lines are outside in CA and are simple rope serpentines. WDW lines are much more hidden - which discourages rope jumping. In neither resort do CM confront cutters; except for character lines. YMMV

minnie mum said:
Yippee! Another line cutting thread. :hyper: 'Cause we just can't get enough of these hot button topics, and they cover SO much new territory every time they are re-animated.

So should we start taking bets now on how long this thread will go? How about getting an early start on the "Entitled" Drinking game?:drinking1

If you don't like a thread why comment?

In situations like that, the teacher in me kicks in and I say something directly to the offenders. As childish as it may seem, if they didn't respond to my request to move, I would step away and get a CM. There is absolutely no reason for this kind of behavior from anyone.

ETA-if I ever have to get out of line for any reason I always ask the people around me if they mind if I step out of line for a second. its never been an issue. I don't mind people doing the same. It's the adults who know better that kill me. I like the poster who said he puts his arm out and tells them no. Lol-

Slightly OT... But....

We're off to WDW in August for the first time, with us will be my 12 year old niece.

Due to a medial problem with her bladder, she often needs to go to the bathroom with very little notice.

At Disneyland Paris the done thing is pretty much for one of your group to step out and go to the bathroom and then meet back up with the group whilst they continue to queue.

Is this different at WDW? Will we experience any nastiness if either me or her elder sister needs to head out to the toilets and we then try and meet back up with our group?

I know people would probably usually be okay with a parent and a small child stepping out and then rejoining... But I'm slightly worried that due to her age, people will make assumptions about queue jumping!

Hollie

Holstar said:
Slightly OT... But....

We're off to WDW in August for the first time, with us will be my 12 year old niece.

Due to a medial problem with her bladder, she often needs to go to the bathroom with very little notice.

At Disneyland Paris the done thing is pretty much for one of your group to step out and go to the bathroom and then meet back up with the group whilst they continue to queue.

Is this different at WDW? Will we experience any nastiness if either me or her elder sister needs to head out to the toilets and we then try and meet back up with our group?

I know people would probably usually be okay with a parent and a small child stepping out and then rejoining... But I'm slightly worried that due to her age, people will make assumptions about queue jumping!

Hollie

I'm sure you won't have a problem.

I've read a lot about this lately, & I'm wondering how many of YOU have actually had this happen? I may sound childish, but I don't know if I could keep calm if I've been standing in 100* heat for 30 minutes to meet belle & someone cut in front of me lol. How did you handle it? Are there CM who tell the people to go to the back of the line? :confused3

MOST people cannot get past me.

Holstar said:
Slightly OT... But....

Hollie

Hollie, it shouldn't be an issue, but just in case, you can stop at Guest Services in any park to get a Guest Assistance Card (GAC). No need for a doctor note, just explain your situation and they will give you a card to show the CM at an attraction. Should you need to leave the line for a restroom break, they'll help you get back up where you were.

The one time I actually said something, the guy almost punched me in the face....but then the CM's took him away. I was still a little worried about bumping into him again though - and I felt really bad for the family that was stuck with him for life!

If you don't like a thread why comment?

:rotfl: You must be new around here.

We go a lot and see a LOT of cutting.

Today a group of about 20 people jumped the wall at Soarin to get in the fastpass line and then claimed to the FP taker that their FP's were taken by the guy at the front of the line.

CM wasn't buying it... called down to the front but waved our group through.

The one time I actually said something, the guy almost punched me in the face....but then the CM's took him away. I was still a little worried about bumping into him again though - and I felt really bad for the family that was stuck with him for life!

What a class act, he almost punched you? You're a woman, right?

I am the type of person that gets angry inside and holds it in, gritting my teeth lol

Obviously, i wouldnt be happy witha flat out line cut...and i would stop it. However, I have no issues with mom or dad and child catching up with the rest of the family. I too...have cought up with my wife after bathroom visit. To me...no big deal.

I've read a lot about this lately, & I'm wondering how many of YOU have actually had this happen? I may sound childish, but I don't know if I could keep calm if I've been standing in 100* heat for 30 minutes to meet belle & someone cut in front of me lol. How did you handle it? Are there CM who tell the people to go to the back of the line? :confused3

When DD was 2, DW and I took her to WDW. We were standing in the longest line to meet Jasmine in Magic Kingdom when a woman sends her young daughter (maybe 7 or something) to run and cut in front of a lot of people. While the parents were trying to "catch her" they ended up staying in the spot where the little girl ran. Nobody stopped her. Usually, they have CMs to stop people like that. It really made me angry because the weather was scorching hot and we were waiting for at least 45 minutes to an hour. I heard they're cracking down on little things like that, so no worries.

People always seem to catching up with their families. I roll my eyes to myself but really I not to let little things bug me at WDW;) I just breathe deep, I really don't care, if it was a group of 20 people I'd say something:goodvibes We go at the end of Jan and the crowds are generally low. Leaving on vacation tomorrow and arrive at CR on the 21st pixiedust:

If people try and get by me saying they're catching up to their family, I let them know that they're more than welcome to have their family join them behind me.

Sorry- the CMs at TSM say it best "Please make sure all toys in your set are together before entering the line"

You cannot "rejoin" a line you were never in.

A couple of years ago in January, we had two non english speaking teenagers cut the line at the Haunted House. There was a 50 minute wait that day so it was a long line and it extended to the outside. I am happy to report that a CM caught them and made them go to the end of the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter