Cute way to tell my 3 girls that we are going to DW...

Jen413

Earning My Ears
I have three girls, 6, 6 and 4, and we are going to DW in December. This will be our third trip, and I want to tell them we are going in a really fun way. My first graders are just learning to read, so I thought it would be neat to incorporate reading somehow. Would love ideas or things that you've done in the past. Thanks!

Set up their favorite dolls/toys holding signs in each of their rooms with signs that announce your trip. :)

kitten.jpg

How's THAT for CUTE?

;)

This past time, I sent my kids on a scavenger hunt around the house and in the yard with little notes in each spot giving clues as to where the next clue was for example:

One note said "to infinity and beyond" so off they went to find one of their Buzz toys, then Buzz was holding a sign that said "yo ho, yo ho" so they went to my older DS's room to his Black Pearl. They had a great time! I had them running all the way up the spteps then all the way down to the basement and back up again and outside, in the fridge, cabinets, car, everywhere. This went on for about 10-15 minutes all the while them laughing the whole time. The final clue led them to a box under the couch that had a big set of Mickey ears that said "We're going to Disney World!!!".

Have fun!!!

We did a hangman type game years ago that all 3 kids had to do together with my husband and I as emcees using posterboard hung on a kitchen wall. The saying we had was "it is cold outside so lets go south. We leave on Friday to visit Mickey Mouse!"

They were hysterically happy and it is a fond memory nearly 10 years later... :laughing:

Happy planning!

Ann Marie :cheer2:

I had a huge Mickey gift bag from a prior birthday, so I bought a Mickey and Minnie balloon and tied a note to the end saying, "We're going to DisneyWorld!" To keep the balloons from sailing out of the bag, I placed tissue paper on top along with Minnie shirts, some Mickey puzzles, and a few things I made on-line at themouseforless.com (countdown chain, journals, etc.) After they opened the "gifts", the balloons came floating out and they asked us to read the note (our girls are 3.5 and 5.5). They were super excited! We leave tomorrow!!!!:banana: Good luck with your surprise and have fun!

This past time, I sent my kids on a scavenger hunt around the house and in the yard with little notes in each spot giving clues as to where the next clue was for example:

One note said "to infinity and beyond" so off they went to find one of their Buzz toys, then Buzz was holding a sign that said "yo ho, yo ho" so they went to my older DS's room to his Black Pearl. They had a great time! I had them running all the way up the spteps then all the way down to the basement and back up again and outside, in the fridge, cabinets, car, everywhere. This went on for about 10-15 minutes all the while them laughing the whole time. The final clue led them to a box under the couch that had a big set of Mickey ears that said "We're going to Disney World!!!".

Have fun!!!

This is what we have done in the past also, only the ending was a countdown calendar. I could only do a few Disney'ish clues though.........

Emily

These all sound like such great ideas!!!! I would love to surprise my kids, but I don't think I could contain it well at all (plus, I start packing like 6 months ahead of time - sad, I know). And, now that the two older ones can help, I have them helping me plan.

Please keep us updated and have fun!!!!:goodvibes

Have fun!!!

We did a hangman type game years ago that all 3 kids had to do together with my husband and I as emcees using posterboard hung on a kitchen wall. The saying we had was "it is cold outside so lets go south. We leave on Friday to visit Mickey Mouse!"

They were hysterically happy and it is a fond memory nearly 10 years later... :laughing:

Happy planning!

Ann Marie :cheer2:

I love these two ideas! We don't plan on telling our girls until the night we leave for the park and fly and I've been trying to think of ways to tell them!

We are surprising the kids with a trip this December. I can't even stand it anymore, I want to tell them so bad! I keep catching myself about to spill the beans!

I too have been trying to think of a way to tell them. I love the hangman puzzle idea.

Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter