• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Customizing Magic Bands

allybabba98

Mouseketeer
Good evening everyone,
We just booked the other night from Sept 12-18th at POR. Decided to stick with what we know instead of going in November although we have only stayed at AofA so looking forward to trying something new.
I thought I read I could change the colour of our magic bands but when I try to do it I keep getting an error message that our address is incorrect.
I realize we won't receive our bands in the mail but is this a common problem due to not living in the States?

Thanks.

Play with your postal code. Either add a space or delete the space in the middle. I can't remember which. That helped us once.

I have that problem too. I tried everything for my postal code and nothing worked. I used the chat thing on the disney website and they told me to put in the resort address and I was able to customize them.

Yes, because they don't ship to Canada the system doesn't recognize our addresses.

Just put in the address of your resort, and you will be able to customize no problem. The Magic Bands will be waiting for you at check-in.

Had the same problem on one of 3 sets last year..

The solution was indeed the postal code - it has to be exactly the same as it is on your Disney account. If the space is there on the account info but you are entering it without the space when you go to customize (and vice versa) - it gives you the error message.

When you get to the page where you input your "shipping address" there is a box at the lower left of the page that says "update the address in my profile with this address" it makes the addresses the same without all that typing. Worked perfectly for me just now.

I'm from BC and I didn't have any troubles customizing our magic bands. It has our address as the shipping address. I put my postal code with a space in the middle and it worked fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter