Customize Magic Band

Chevy

Mouseketeer
I wanted to print my cell phone number on my 4 year old's magic band, but it's limited to 9 digits. I thought I could be tricky and use the parallel lines symbol for the 11, but alas, no symbols. Anyway, has anyone had luck writing on the magic bands with a sharpie? Do you think it would last for over a week?
Our last vacation I used one of those necklaces where you could put a picture in a locket and instead of a picture I wrote my number. I could do that again, but the girls weren't big fans of wearing the necklaces all day in the heat.
Thanks!

I wanted to print my cell phone number on my 4 year old's magic band, but it's limited to 9 digits. I thought I could be tricky and use the parallel lines symbol for the 11, but alas, no symbols. Anyway, has anyone had luck writing on the magic bands with a sharpie? Do you think it would last for over a week?
Our last vacation I used one of those necklaces where you could put a picture in a locket and instead of a picture I wrote my number. I could do that again, but the girls weren't big fans of wearing the necklaces all day in the heat.
Thanks!

We have taken our daughter twice, once on her 5th birthday and again about a year later.

The last trip was right before the magic bands were put into use. My wife went to one of those machines that you use to make a tag for your pet and choose a pink heart and there was enough room to put my daughters name, the resort we were staying at, both my and her cell phone numbers.

I took that little aluminum heart tag and the small ring that it comes with and attached it to her shoe laces and then wedged it up between the laces and the tongue of the shoe. It is out of the way but in a place that they can easily show someone if they get lost or separated.

There are silicon bracelets you can buy that you can personalize with info like that.

I think it's more important, however, to know that CM procedures with lost children are good, and were established well before there was an ability to call a parent while in the parks. They have well established procedures, and generally will NOT be looking at necklaces, shoetags, bracelets, temporary tattooes, the inside of MBs, etc. The frontline CMs don't generally even have a cellphone that works as a cellphone, so there's no ability to call anyway.

I think it's better to set up guidelines for the kids (if you're suddenly without parents, STAY PUT!, look for a Cast Member with a namebadge and preferably one behind a cash register of some sort (since Disney used to sell souvenir nametags that looked like CM nametags) and get their attention), and come up with plans for the adults (one adult stays where they are, the other adult goes back to the last places they were and someone alerts the CMs....also, a great idea is to take a picture of the children every morning after they are dressed, so you don't have to rely on memory to tell the CM what the child was wearing that day, and to try hard to stay calm) rather than assume a CM is going to immediately call you. If you're assuming you will be called, it could be easy to despair if that call doesn't come, all the while the child is safe and being helped by CMs with their own time-honored traditions/procedures.

Taking a photo every morning with your cell phone is really important and a very easy way for the CM to know exactly what the child looks like and is wearing. I highly recommend it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter