• Controversial Topics Several months ago I added a private forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in opt-out. Click Here

customary rental agreement?

go cowboys

Mouseketeer
DVC Silver
Can anyone tell me what is customary rental agreement? I am trying to rent my points and wanted to hear what I should ask of the renter. Half up front? balance due?

I ask for $100 by the end of the week that I made the reservations, and 1/2 by the end of the month, with the other 1/2 due 60 days before arrival. Next time I rent I will change that last part, because, as a teacher, it's a pain to be keeping track of payments during the school year. I have 3 renters who owe me the last payment in December(1) and February 1(2), and I rented these points last summer. Next time all payments will have to be in by September 1, or else I won't rent that far ahead. I rented 800 points(banked and borrowed), and I could have rented three times that many! I had two people who were renting grande villas, so my points got used up fast, and two others who wanted points for a grande villa, besides all the people who wanted just 2-7 days in smaller units. Maybe I got so many grande villa renters because I was renting so many points, I don't know. Several people mentioned wanting to rent from me because I am a DIS board supporter, and the logo was part of my signature. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter