• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Custom Shirts?

danceteachermom

Mouseketeer
Wondering if anyone has advice on custom made shirts for a Disney trip. Last year my hubby used Custom Ink and had family shirts made for us for spring break....super sweet thought and a great idea but the shirts were not so great. We wore them anyway and laughed about the odd design. This year he wants to do a re-do and has put me in charge.

So I want something undeniably Disney....where we can write our family name and spring break and put names on the back.

Started searching websites yesterday. I like the Custom Ink options but there are no Disney designs. The Disney site lets you choose good Disney art but not much script...nothing on backs.

Any ideas? Any help welcome.

Go to the Creative Disigns thread on here. Lots of very talented designers. Scroll through their designs (there are hundreds and hundreds) and choose ones you like. Then, you submit a request that the design be personalized...this is all done for free! You download the design to your computer, print it on transfer paper, and iron it on.

We found some great stuff on etsy for our upcoming vacation! It's not cheap, but some adorable ideas, lots for adults too.

Go to the Creative Disigns thread on here. Lots of very talented designers. Scroll through their designs (there are hundreds and hundreds) and choose ones you like. Then, you submit a request that the design be personalized...this is all done for free! You download the design to your computer, print it on transfer paper, and iron it on.

Ditto, the DISigners made some wonderful art for us before our trip!

How many do you need? They are pretty simple to make. My DD made some for our last Disneyland trip
388571_2764042233608_354175902_n.jpg
She customized to each individual's favorite Disney movie/character. Nightmare before Christmas, Abu, Princesses for us girls, and Mr. Incredible. She made a pirate for her boyfriend too but no picture as he had a death in his family and left early from our trip.

We found some great stuff on etsy for our upcoming vacation! It's not cheap, but some adorable ideas, lots for adults too.

I agree with Etsy 100% - lots of cute things!

If you have access to a sewing machine and any interest in sewing or learning to sew, Mickey appliques are super easy and fast to do yourself. Most fabric stores sell some type of Disney licensed fabrics, and you just buy tshirts that are the style and color you want. I had minimal sewing experience, but making shirts for my DDs first Disney trip has gotten my creativity flowing and is leading to lots of other sewing projects now :)

and pinterest.

i'm going to try a reverse stencil w/ bleach for a couple for the kiddos' shirts.

I was able to purchase images from mice in black to make our own shirts! It was super easy and cheap $5-$7 per image that you can use over and over again. She can put your name and date on them. You just download the image onto your computer then print it on transfer paper, cut it out, and iron on. My husband is a huge Atlanta Falcons fan so I made our family shirts with that, it's the same picture as my profile picture here. They turned out great!

I ordered a shirt from Zazzle.com to wear at WDW on my birthday. They have Disney designs. I had great customer service from them, too. The first shirt I ordered, I ordered a ladies' cut, which in most shirts runs small, and it was huge. I started the process of sending it back and re-ordering in a smaller size, but they sent me an email to just keep it and donate it or discard it, and send me another one at no charge.

I have made many many shirts for all of my trips and I also head right the Design board down here a ways and I use Amy's transfers, jiffyshirts.com to purchase the shirts. Amymickey.com has the BEST transfers, they haven't failed me yet. The disigners are so awesome and they can't charge for their designs..Check it out, if I can make the shirts anyone can:) Good luck

The Disigners are AWESOME! I spent hours looking through the things they had designed. Then they customized them with our names, dates, ect...whatever popped in my head. Every day we had matching shirts that were themed to the park of the day. Everyone loved them and they were super easy to make. I ordered shirts from jiffyshirt.com. I actually made all the shirts the night before we needed them in my room at AKL. I printed everything out and had it cut out before we left but since it was surprise trip, I ran out of secret time to actually make the shirts. We got many comments on them!

My daughter had matching shirts made for the family reunion trip 2years ago to WDW. she used vista print they were reasonably priced and arrived fairly quickly:laundy:

We also used zazzle.com. Great site. We ordered several t-shirts and some tank tops. They are were great shirts and clean well. Still in great shape two years later.

I have made many many shirts for all of my trips and I also head right the Design board down here a ways and I use Amy's transfers, jiffyshirts.com to purchase the shirts. Amymickey.com has the BEST transfers, they haven't failed me yet. The disigners are so awesome and they can't charge for their designs..Check it out, if I can make the shirts anyone can:) Good luck

I plan on ordering shirts from jiffyshirts.com and either doing my own design on Photoshop or asking one of the Dis designers and making my own. I priced out 5 shirts each for 4 people would cost me under $65.

I am excited to see what you design. I love the designers on here and we are so blessed to have them donate their time. I love jiffy shirts and the best transfers are from Amymickey.com...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter