Custom MagicBands Questions

CrystalPalace76

DIS Veteran
I am loving me the custom MagicBands that the Disney Stores are offering for approximately $23. I was wondering can these bands be used for multiple trips or are they good for just one vacation? I would like to get them , but with 4 people in my vacation party that would be an extra $100 each vacation for just custom MagicBands.

I am loving me the custom MagicBands that the Disney Stores are offering for approximately $23. I was wondering can these bands be used for multiple trips or are they good for just one vacation? I would like to get them , but with 4 people in my vacation party that would be an extra $100 each vacation for just custom MagicBands.

You can use them over multiple trips as long as the battery holds up in them. You should get 2-3 years out of them.

I think you can even use them after the battery dies, but it won't work then for the Photopass rides. It will still work as your tickets, hotel room key, charging, and FP+, because those are short range, actually immediate range, like the Key to the World card was. The ride photos use a longer range sensor to detect who is in the ride vehicle.

I think you can even use them after the battery dies, but it won't work then for the Photopass rides. It will still work as your tickets, hotel room key, charging, and FP+, because those are short range, actually immediate range, like the Key to the World card was. The ride photos use a longer range sensor to detect who is in the ride vehicle.
That really makes for a much better value at $23 a pop.

I don't, but that sounds like a great idea and investment.

I use mine to make ornaments, add scriptures to my wall, scrapbooking, cards, framed gifts for others, nail decals, etc. If you are creative, the possibilities are endless. :) Although I will warn you, the cost of vinyl, transfer tape, blades, cutting mats, paper, etc can get VERY expensive!!

I use mine to make ornaments, add scriptures to my wall, scrapbooking, cards, framed gifts for others, nail decals, etc. If you are creative, the possibilities are endless. :) Although I will warn you, the cost of vinyl, transfer tape, blades, cutting mats, paper, etc can get VERY expensive!!
I wouldn't say I am the most creative person in the world, but I love doing craft projects with my girls and see what they come up with.

how far in advanced shoould you book to get customized bands for your trip we are gonna be there march 11th and wondering if we book tonight if will get the custom bands

how far in advanced shoould you book to get customized bands for your trip we are gonna be there march 11th and wondering if we book tonight if will get the custom bands
You have to buy customized bands. But you can get standard bands. It's too late for them to ship so they'll be waiting for you at the resort.

You have to buy customized bands. But you can get standard bands. It's too late for them to ship so they'll be waiting for you at the resort.

thank you and by custom bands i just meant the color selection with names on the inside, i went ahead and booked and got to customize our bands we got a red and a green band with BFFL2016 on each inside and i was also told by cast member and the website that after customizing them i had met the dead line (10 days prior to your trip) that they will be shipping out soon!!

Last edited:

I did a last minute add-on then a truly last minute change. The one 15 days out shipped and got to me no problem. The next one had wording about needing 10 days. So that's when they are shipping now, if it's 10+ days out.

i think honestly though they need to ship them out as close to the date as possible to avoid ppl canceling just to get a free magic band

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter