Custom Made Dress?

MrsRomance

Counting down until the next DFTW :D
Hi everyone!

Just wondered if anyone out there designed their own/had a custom dress made?

I'm looking for inspiration and I'm finding that I like bits of different dresses but still haven't seen one complete dress that I think I'd like. I'm contemplating going with someone that will make what I want for me.

Has anyone done this? Were you happy with the results? Did it end up costing you more/less than buying something off the rack?

Thanks!

I'm not having a custom dress made but I did purchase a dress that I want to have altered. I originally loved the design but have decided to either have then neckline altered now or sell it. I have a year to go for my wedding so I still have a little time to decide.

I'm not sure; but I've been wanting to do that, too. I saw a lovely dress on WeddingDressFantasy.com; but I'm a little nervous about buying online sight unseen.

My uncle designed mine. I showed him elements of dresses that I liked, and he came up with drawings of what worked well together. Haven't seen anything on the rack or in magazines like the final product. I highly recommend going custom, so that you will have a dress you love.

Can't speak in regard to cost, as I got the family discount for design and labor and purchased the silk wholesale.

I bought a dress that is great as it is though I am having it altered to my liking.

I am curious. What are you looking for exactly? Perhaps we can help!

My very talented mother in law made mine. We combined about three patterns, and then there were still some elements we changed or added.

For me, it ended up costing about $250 for materials! I had a bit of leftover fabric, but it wasn't a huge money saver. And, I didn't have to pay for labor.

I loved my dress, and I don't regret going this route, but one of the off the rack dresses I wanted was only $500, so it wasn't a huge savings for us.

My very talented mother in law made mine. We combined about three patterns, and then there were still some elements we changed or added.

For me, it ended up costing about $250 for materials! I had a bit of leftover fabric, but it wasn't a huge money saver. And, I didn't have to pay for labor.

I loved my dress, and I don't regret going this route, but one of the off the rack dresses I wanted was only $500, so it wasn't a huge savings for us.

Do you have a pic you wouldn't mind posting? I'd love to see how it turned out!

Hi everyone!

Just wondered if anyone out there designed their own/had a custom dress made?

I'm looking for inspiration and I'm finding that I like bits of different dresses but still haven't seen one complete dress that I think I'd like. I'm contemplating going with someone that will make what I want for me.

Has anyone done this? Were you happy with the results? Did it end up costing you more/less than buying something off the rack?

Thanks!

This really seems like a "you get what you pay for situation". I would make sure to look at their portfolios and make sure that they have worked with he fabric you will be using.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter