Custom Autograph Books??

NemoMOm

DIS Veteran
I just read where someone said that they were making custom autograph books. How do you do that? Is it worth it? Could you give me some tips?

I loved making a homemade autograph book!! Here is how I did it:

* Download clipart of Disney characters

* Insert clipart into word file. I did 2 images per 8x11 page...one about 1/2
way down, and 1 at the bottom. I would put them in either the lower left
or right corners as the binding went across the top-- consider where the
book will be bound when placing your images.

* I organized characters in alphabetical order, so they would be easy to
find when the time came.

* I then printed on cardstock (8x11) and then cut in half so there was 1
image on each section.

* Research info on characters to find out the newest ones in the park to
include them or pair characters that are likely to be found together to
save pages. Also, include blank pages.

* Took to Fedex/Kinkos to get bound. They will trim your pages and put on
a plastic back/front cover so it looks finished. It was about $5 a book,
and the books were about 80 pages, and could be used for multiple trips.

* The finished books were about 5x7 and I carried them around in ziplocks.

Character meals are a great place to collect a lot of autographs w/minimum lines! It takes time to look for characters and wait in lines to collect autographs, so plan your touring accordingly.

I made these autograph books for our June trip and they were a big hit, and a lot of fun to make!

-I started by using blank sketchbooks I found in the stationary department (at Borders) but they also have them at craft stores.

-I used a variety of scrapbooking stickers, paper, and letters (from Michael's). For the characters I couldn't find I bought Avery "Sticker Project Paper" (Officemax) and googled images of the characters. I copied them into MS Word (about 4 to a page) and printed them out.

-I tied scrapbooking ribbon to the binding, and used a glue gun to keep them in place.

-I decided a black magic marker looked the best for the autographs, keeping in mind the characters don't like sharpies. I carried it around in a large zip-loc bag to prevent it from getting wet.

CIMG0728.jpg

CIMG0729-1.jpg

CIMG0730.jpg

CIMG0732.jpg

CIMG0733.jpg

CIMG0681.jpg

-Kristen

I made these autograph books for our June trip and they were a big hit, and a lot of fun to make!

-I started by using blank sketchbooks I found in the stationary department (at Borders) but they also have them at craft stores.

-I used a variety of scrapbooking stickers, paper, and letters (from Michael's). For the characters I couldn't find I bought Avery "Sticker Project Paper" (Officemax) and googled images of the characters. I copied them into MS Word (about 4 to a page) and printed them out.

-I tied scrapbooking ribbon to the binding, and used a glue gun to keep them in place.

-I decided a black magic marker looked the best for the autographs, keeping in mind the characters don't like sharpies. I carried it around in a large zip-loc bag to prevent it from getting wet.

CIMG0728.jpg

CIMG0729-1.jpg

CIMG0730.jpg

CIMG0732.jpg

CIMG0733.jpg

CIMG0681.jpg

-Kristen

I love your books - they looks awesome! What are the dimensions of the book?

Here are a few pictures of mine before I put in the pictures and had the signatures and pre binding- i just took it to Office Depot and let them do it. I will try to upload some of the finished product tonight.

Picture006.jpg
Picture005.jpg

Picture004.jpg

Picture008.jpg
Picture007.jpg

You get a lot of fuss made by the face characters about them. They are well worth the effort and a great keep sake.

-Becca-

I did this also, made it as an autograph scrapbook for DD. First, it was NO means cheap! I'm not a scrapper so I had all the initial costs plus. I would guess I spent around $60.

Was it worth it? Heck yea!!!

My DD still looks through it from time to time. The characters made a huge fuss over it and really made DD feel special.

I'll do another one for her and one for DS when we go again. I won't have to spend as much since I still have the hole punchers and stuff.

Those designs look fantastic! I would also check out the creative disigns board http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=105, there are many talented designers on there and they are willing to share their designs and some of them also customize! Their generosity is outstanding, and is so helpful for those who don't have the time and/or ability to create their own. Check it out....but I warn you, it's very addictive! :lmao:

I am going to make one for us before we go to WDW in November. I have gotten all the stuff, but just have not started yet. I picked up one of the Disney Cricut Cartridges for my Cricut a few weeks ago on clearance at Walmart, so I am pretty excited about trying that out.

I bought the 7 x 7 disney album from Creative Memories and they even had all the disney character stickers and paper, so you didn't have to be a creative person to complete the album. In fact, I actually put the whole thing together on our car trip down to Disney last time. It looks awesome completed with the pictures I added later, and it's top quality too! I plan on just adding more pages for this time around. The princesses especially commented on how nice the book was. It was just the right size to slip down into our backpack without taking up too much room. I think it ran me around $30-40 including the stickers/paper.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter