Custodial Alumni Questions

Yvette563

Mouseketeer
:wave2: I'm wondering if there are any Custodial Alumni out there who can share their experiences with me. My daughter just started her program and she is custodial. She doesn't seem very happy with her role and I'm concerned. She has been in training for 4 days and says there is nothing but older people in custodial. She has no one her age and is feeling ver discouraged. Today she cried during training because she felt so alone. Did anyone else have this experience? Will it change once she is actually placed in the park. She has been placed in Disney's Hollywood Studios, which she was told is not a very good park to work custodial. If anyone out there can help me, I would really appreciate it. I am all the way out in California and am an emotional mess thinking that she is out in Orlando feeling so alone and discouraged. :worried::sad:

While I can't speak to how the role is, I can say that there are still a month's worth of CPs that need to check in for the spring program. There are bound to be others joining her as custodial CPs at Studios. During my program there there were normally 5 or 6 custodial CPs in Take 5 at any given time. Also, during training CPs tend to get morning hours with more experienced CMs which means working with the older cast members. Once she has earned her ears she'll likely get closing shifts and work with others more her age.

What leeg229 said is correct. There are still more CP's to arrive.

With the exception of very few front line positions, all of them have cast members of all ages. She shouldn't judge just by who is in her training group.

Everyone I knew really enjoyed the position.

She will have the opportunity to have a whole lot of fun with all of the freedom she will have.

http://youtu.be/4Xva3aLzIyw?t=2m38s
http://youtu.be/62USrmpuCWA

My DS just got back from the CP in California. He was custodial and enjoyed it. He went in with a positive attitude, learned everything he could, noticed all the little Disney details around him, and enjoyed the freedom to talk to the guests as much as possible. We live on the opposite coast and I do understand that it can be worrisome when you are so far away. Maybe she can just take in her surroundings and focus on making magical moments for the guests at the parks?

My DS was a custodial CP at the MK last spring/summer. He really really enjoyed it! :thumbsup2 But not at first...He was frustrated and just about to decide that being a Disney CP wasn't for him. But after a few weeks, he decided he loved the freedom of being able to roam around his assigned area, he loved the guest interraction like pin trading and answering guest questions, he loved doing water art with his pan and broom; he loved how relaxed a role it usually was; he loved how much variety there was from one shift to the next; he loved dancing along with the Move It Shake It Celebrate It parade; After completing his training he worked more evening hours and was always scheduled with other CPs and they became good friends. Any job is what you make it. A good attitude and being able to laugh at the less pleasant side of life makes all the difference. Tell your daughter to hang in there. I think she'll be pleasantly surprised. ::yes::

We just dropped my dd at the gate this morning at 4 am. She is checking in today and is in custodial.

Tell her to hang in there - we are going back to the parent's check in center in about an hour. My dd did not set up a roommate and does not know anyone.

Report back and let us know how she is doing.

Thank you all for your input.. It gives me hope that everything will turn out ok for her..

When I was a CP I was also in custodial (Epcot) and felt the same way. All of my training shifts were in the morning and I was the only person under 60 years old. How could I have been the only custodial CP in the program working in this park? Don't worry about it, right after training she'll start to be scheduled for the closing shifts where all the CPs are assigned after training, along with the younger regular cast members. More waves of CPs will be coming in over the next few weeks too and by then she should be surrounded with people her own age at work.

My S did the Spring adv last year, reported on the second week of Feb! She should sign up for classes. My S couldn't get into the ones he really wanted bc they were already filled.

My ddd got Caribbean Beach Resort. Two roommates were already in room set up a few weeks before. We keep hearing from everyone that custodial is one of the best positions since they do get to move around a lot.

When I was a CP I was also in custodial (Epcot) and felt the same way. All of my training shifts were in the morning and I was the only person under 60 years old. How could I have been the only custodial CP in the program working in this park? Don't worry about it, right after training she'll start to be scheduled for the closing shifts where all the CPs are assigned after training, along with the younger regular cast members. More waves of CPs will be coming in over the next few weeks too and by then she should be surrounded with people her own age at work.

Oh thank you soooo much! I sent my daughter your reply and it made her feel so much better.. She has had trainers that have been rude and not at all friendly.. Only one trainer was nice which disappointed her. But your post has given her much hope!! Thank you again!

My ddd got Caribbean Beach Resort. Two roommates were already in room set up a few weeks before. We keep hearing from everyone that custodial is one of the best positions since they do get to move around a lot.

How fun to get one of the resorts! I would love to hear updates on how her experience goes!

How fun to get one of the resorts! I would love to hear updates on how her experience goes!

Traditions yesterday - we did not see her all day. She has the weekend off before starting Monday which is when we leave. I hope she was just sounded tired last night she sounded a bit down.

She did enjoy Traditions though and gave me some bits of info. on the phone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter