Curves results ?

fgms

Earning My Ears
How long did it take to really see any weight loss and inches lost? I have been going for a month and have not lost a pound. I am so frustrated. I really don't even see a difference in toneness either. I go at least 4 times a week sometimes 5.

I am also interested. I started going on Macrh 1. I know that I have lost weight, but will not have a formal weight and measure for two more weeks. I go 6 days a week (when I am not out of town).

Get weighed a measured. After a month, I'd lost like a pound, but I;d lost 8 inches and 3 BFlbs.

Well I love Curves, but I don't think it does a thing for weight loss.

I have gone to Curves over 300 times (4 to 5 times a week). I have much better upper body strength, more energy and I feel fitter. However, I have only lost 5 pounds which is a huge disappointment! I don't eat junky, nor have I dieted ( you don't want to live with me when I diet!). Just try to eat normally and exercise regularly. I don't think the aerobic component of Curves is enough to really burn the calories.

I have met many people at Curves, of course, but the only ones who have lost noticable weight are the ones who do a diet plan. Some do the Curves diet, some do South Beach, etc. However the long timers really don't lose weight doing the exercise alone.

P.S. I am speaking about women in the 40 to 50 year old ranger. Younger women will probably do better!

I went to Curves for about 6 months. It helped with my toning, but I didn't lose any weight going there. My mother also went and it didn't do much for her too. However, my neighbor went and lost weight and toned. I can't remember if she was dieting at the same time, though.

I'm going to Curves and doing WW and I have lost 7 lbs in the past 3 weeks. I really try to step it up when I am on the boards- I don't pay attention to the whole "target heart rate" thing- everything I have read elsewhere says that is a myth.

I know that much of my weight loss can be contributed to WW though- I've given up regular Coke :sad2: in exchange for tons of water, and then I have had to watch what I eat- and I thought I wasn't eating that badly before- but when I started measuring my portions out, I realized how much I had been eating!!!

The girl at curves said not to work so hard on the boards, that the machines should be where the energy it put?

fgms said:
The girl at curves said not to work so hard on the boards, that the machines should be where the energy it put?

That is what they told me too. This is based on the theory that if you keep your heartrate in that certain target rate "the fat burning zone"- they have a chart hanging based on age- you are burning fat. If you go above that, they say you stop burning fat.

Everything I have read on the subject, though- says the bottom line is that you need to burn CALORIES, no matter how you do it. If you go above your target heart rate, you will stop burning fat directly, and burn calories, but in the end, it doesn't matter. Obviously, monitor your heart rate for safety- make sure you aren't over-doing it.

Check out this link. It sums up clearly most of what I have read. I figure, runners don't worry about a "fat burning zone" and when do you see a fat runner? :rotfl:

http://diet.ivillage.com/workouts/wcardio/0,,80j,00.html

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter