Currently at Disney, any questions???

newtodis

Disney Lover!
We're currently at Disney and I'd be happy to *try* (please note I said try!) to answer any questions you might have while we're here! I posted a couple of pictures in my PTR (link in my signature) and a brief description of our first day.

Basically, the crowd was a bit heavier than we're used to - we usually come at a "value" time - not peak. The crowd didn't steer us away from anything - thanks to the DISboards, I'd had an idea of what to do with the crowds. We spent yesterday morning at DHS so my boys could ride TSM and DH could check out the ESPN weekend. We spent the afternoon at our hotel waiting for our friend's plane to land then headed to DTD and dinner.

Today we're heading to AK and MK. Tomorrow is MK and probably EPCOT in the afternoon. Monday morning will be DHS and possibly DTD again before we head home. Hopefully that will help if you have a specific question about a park.

Have a wonderful day!! Off to get ready for a two week safari!

Ok when you say crowds are heavier, what value time do you mean? Are we talking summer crowdswe have been in August but typically go second week of may and second week of November, crowds are great. I will be there Thursday for and would love to know what to expect. What were wait times on pirates splash thunder space. Just to give me an idea. Thanks and have a ggrest time!

How is the weather? We will be there next Sat and I am trying to figure out what to pack. Of course here in CT we are going to get a snow storm so hard to imagine wearing summer stuff!!

How is the weather? We will be there next Sat and I am trying to figure out what to pack. Of course here in CT we are going to get a snow storm so hard to imagine wearing summer stuff!!
Today is supposed to be in the mid 80's...rain overnight tonight and highs in the low 60's tomorrow. Next weekend is looking good for right now but that can and usually does change.

Oh, to be in Disney! I have a few questions:

* Are you EMHing in or not? If you are, how are the crowds? Is the park getting crowded in the afternoon before pm EMH?

* Are you on the dining plan? How are waits for your seating? How is the quality of the food?

Thanks for the info and have a great time!!

Have tons of fun. Still waiting for the time of our trip to arrive. 27 days to go from today. Not sure if I should be happy or sad cause time sure is dragging.

Are you using the Dining Plan ?If you are how is it working.?:goodvibes :goodvibes

Hi,
At DHS did you do any meet & greets with the characters?

If so , what characters were out & what were the lines like?

Did you get to see Block Patry Bash?

Thanks for any info.

Have your having a wonderful, magical vacation :yay:

Good Morning!

For some reason the multi - quote thing doesn't work on my laptop so I'm going to try and get everything here

*We're staying off site so I can't tell you anything about the EMHs or dining plan....well our friends are staying on site and using the dining plan. They're not doing EMHs as their little one is a sleeper. The dining plan is going well for them (they're on the "regular" one - 1 snack, 1 CS, 1 TS). We've had ok luck walking into guest services to try and get table service reservations if we needed something to use their credits up.

*Crowds - We've been Valentine's Weekend) into President's Day, free dining in Sept and second weekend of December in 2008. This is far more crowded than any of the times we've been but we've been able to avoid major "problems" by being smart about when shows and such are going on to to try and get on rides during parades and things like that.

*Wait times - we didn't go near the entrance to Splash Mountain yesterday so I can't tell you there. We waited 20 minutes for Pirates yesterday around 5:00. Dumbo's line was unreal, Small World was about 20 minutes, Peter Pan was like 45 minutes and fast passes weren't until 8:00 when we got ours at 4:30. Hopefully some of that makes sense. We're not hitting many of the "big" rides since we've got some little ones and trying to get them on "their" rides. We didn't make it to MK until about 3 so ride times would be between about 4 and 6.

*Parade - Only parade we saw was Spectro. We ate dinner about 6:30, I grabbed a spot at 7:00 and by 7:30 we were so packed in it was unreal! Thankfully we were right at the curb so the boys "played in the street" until the show started (that's when my boys curled up and went to sleep). We stayed for Wishes and I didn't seem to think it was that crowded but we were up near the castle. It took us an hour to get from Wishes back out to our van.

*Weather - It's great. Today it's supposed to rain about 12:30 (so they say) and it's not supposed to be a lot of rain. Depending on what we're doing, we'll either come back to the hotel and "rest", shop at DTD or hold out in the park we're in.

*TSM - Is it over the newness??? I think that's a BIG no. We waited almost an hour at park opening yesterday and the fastpass line was seriously almost as long as the line for the ride itself! It was unreal! By the time we got off the ride, fast passes were gone and the wait was up to 90 minutes.

*Characters at DHS - We saw Mike and Sulley and just walked over to McQueen and Mater. DH spent most of our time back with the ESPN stuff so we didn't do a lot of regular park stuff that morning.

*Thanks!! - I also wanted to say thanks for all of the well wishes!! I hope our friends are thinking it going well.

This morning we have CP ADRs at 8:20 so we'll be in MK prior to opening which is great. I'm hoping to help them get the other "must do" stuff off the list. Then, like I said, depending on the weather, we'll either go to DTD or Epcot to see Nemo. It's our last night here so we're trying to get in as much fun as we can!

I see you didn't stay for Fantasmic at DHS. If you do, let us know how the crowds are. Also, what is the air-speed velocity of an unladened swallow? :rotfl2: Sorry for the little pop culture humor...

Glad you are having a good time. We will be there in 6 days and I was hoping I was hoping for lower crowd levels, but I guess that wont happen. Its the only time we could go (over DD's college break) unless we went during the summer- which wont happen. I cant believe that TSM is that crazy. Im hoping we get to actually ride it on this trip, but Im not sure after what everyone is posting.
Have a great trip!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter