Current Youth Activities CM -- Ask me anything!

Is the age of 10 the go-between for the clubs? Trying to find out before I say anything to my kid. They feel they are too old (mature) for the kids club!

The cross over ages between the Club/Lab and Edge are 11 & 12. a 10 year old MIGHT be allowed into Edge, depending on various factors - how close to 11 they are, how full Edge is (if the complement of 11-14 year olds onboard already meets the maximum allowed in Edge) among them.

For those of you who left items (candy or magazines, etc.) for the Youth Counselors, what seemed to be popular?

For those of you who left items (candy or magazines, etc.) for the Youth Counselors, what seemed to be popular?

Hi :) anything that is small and wrapped is good to slip into our pockets or eat really quickly. Thankyou for thinking of us!! :)

Does anyone know what time the kids clubs open on days in port? I have an 8:05am excursion booked and will need to drop my son off prior to that. TIA!

Does anyone know what time the kids clubs open on days in port? I have an 8:05am excursion booked and will need to drop my son off prior to that. TIA!
It may vary. I would recommend you search for images of Personal Navigators that are from the same or similar itinerary as your cruise to make sure for your needs. According to the Navigators from our recent cruise to Alaska, one or the other of the Oceaneer spaces was open at 7:30 AM on days when the ship docked early in the day. When we docked later in the day, the spaces opened at 9 AM.

But wait, there's more! :cool1:

I'm so glad to hear all kinds of appreciation from everyone! :) The thing is, we don't quite hear it at work - at the end of every cruise the Cruise Director tends to come out at the end of the last show and ask everyone to thank all of your CMs on board with a big round of applause. Sadly, none of us ever really hear that applause. The first time I was off work and got to see the show on my own and hear everyone clapping - for us - I could've cried in my seat!

What we REALLY value most -or rather, what our supervisors/managers value - beyond sweet treats and things, are those Comment Cards. Yep, innocuous little things with a little area to scribble "Who made your trip enjoyable".
Please, please try your best to remember our names. And write our names down.

These count for so much more than you'll ever know. Maybe it's a dinner in a guest dining room, maybe it's a voucher in the merchandise shop, maybe it's an excursion, maybe it's just for that feeling of pride you get when your manager reads it out at the team meeting at the end of every cruise.
( and if you're going to use that space to thank a Disney character, also make sure to remember what day/time it was - so that we know ...who to recognize, if you catch my drift)B]

Keep those questions comin, everyone! They're great! :blush:

Ohhh... I wrote Cinderella on our comment card and no time/day. We met her three times one on one and she was so wonderful with our toddler, and it was the same person! I always assumed there was only ONE Cinderella onboard!! Was I wrong? :blush:

Sorry, I realize you wrote this a long time ago, but I am SO GLAD I found this thread you have no IDEA!!!

I want to read all 70 pages before I ask any questions that might have been answered, but haven't made it that far yet... So I'm sorry if that's already been answered (regarding one or more Cinderella's on a particular ship) ;)

Oh you know what- were you already at your Assembly station during a drill when they told you this? If so, their instructions might make more sense to me (I was an Assembly Leader too!) (Also, not sure where we're getting lifeboat captain/muster station vocabulary from, were they called those before my time? :confused3 ) You see, when you "check in" with your Assembly Leader or Deputy Assembly Leader, we don't really want anyone leaving again if they've shown up without their kids. We'd rather they safely sat calmly and didnt panic and felt assured their kids would be delivered.

For us upstairs though, we'd likely still be waiting with the kids saying "What happened to their grownups? Why aren't they coming?". Also note that in the event of an emergency, families should be sent a message saying to please pick up your child from the Oceaneer ____ upon the first signal.
As the other PPs, we were told this as well at the muster station (your kids will be brought to the muster station) so I'm really glad to read that you are writing that this will not necessarily happen, at least not right away.

I must say I would much prefer that the kids would be brought on deck as soon as possible, and not remain inside the ship, but I understand the difficulty. As far as the message on the wave phone; in an emergency that system might not work, but on the other hand a problem is often apparent before the first signal is sent!

On that note: do you keep any (many?) child sized life jackets in the club/lab?
Thanks!

A question about giving Mickey bars...there's a CM (in merchandise) who my friend and I met on our last cruise and we know this CM will be on our next cruise, can this CM also receive Mickey bars? Any idea when the best time to do that would be? Maybe ask when their shift ends?

A question about giving Mickey bars...there's a CM (in merchandise) who my friend and I met on our last cruise and we know this CM will be on our next cruise, can this CM also receive Mickey bars? Any idea when the best time to do that would be? Maybe ask when their shift ends?

I don't believe CMontheSeas is active on the boards any more.

I suggest checking with your friend as to when his/her shift ends so you can share something.

Enjoy your cruise!

I don't believe CMontheSeas is active on the boards any more. I suggest checking with your friend as to when his/her shift ends so you can share something. Enjoy your cruise!

I was hoping anyone could help with this. But thanks anyways

I just booked the Christmas 2015 cruise on the Wonder. I will be traveling with a 18 month old. I have some questions ....It is a 4 night cruise, how many hours can I reserve in the nursery? Is there a "Drop in" price ? How quick does the nursery fill up? Thanks for your help

I just booked the Christmas 2015 cruise on the Wonder. I will be traveling with a 18 month old. I have some questions ....It is a 4 night cruise, how many hours can I reserve in the nursery? Is there a "Drop in" price ? How quick does the nursery fill up? Thanks for your help

As this poster isn't a CM onboard any longer, she doesn't seem to be answering too many questions now. However, there is a maximum number of hours you can book pre-cruise (sorry, don't that number). Then you can reserve more time once onboard, if available (and it generally is). Same price for pre-booking your hours as booking onboard.

As this poster isn't a CM onboard any longer, she doesn't seem to be answering too many questions now. However, there is a maximum number of hours you can book pre-cruise (sorry, don't that number). Then you can reserve more time once onboard, if available (and it generally is). Same price for pre-booking your hours as booking onboard.

I believe for 4-night cruises you can pre-book up to 10 hours in the nursery. With more possibly available onboard after they give everyone a chance to schedule some time. Cost is $9 per hour. You may be able to "drop-in" but if the nursery is full of those who booked you will be turned away until another child is picked-up. So if you know you have specific times you'll want childcare (Palo, excursions, spa, etc.) then it's wise to pre-book for that.

Enjoy your holiday cruise!

I believe for 4-night cruises you can pre-book up to 10 hours in the nursery. With more possibly available onboard after they give everyone a chance to schedule some time. Cost is $9 per hour. You may be able to "drop-in" but if the nursery is full of those who booked you will be turned away until another child is picked-up. So if you know you have specific times you'll want childcare (Palo, excursions, spa, etc.) then it's wise to pre-book for that. Enjoy your holiday cruise!

Thank you so much

I believe for 4-night cruises you can pre-book up to 10 hours in the nursery. With more possibly available onboard after they give everyone a chance to schedule some time. Cost is $9 per hour. You may be able to "drop-in" but if the nursery is full of those who booked you will be turned away until another child is picked-up. So if you know you have specific times you'll want childcare (Palo, excursions, spa, etc.) then it's wise to pre-book for that. Enjoy your holiday cruise!

Thank you so much

So according to the 1st post:

"My child is over the age of 3 and is not fully potty-trained, can they still go into the space?
We are required to accept any child between 3- 12, regardless of whether they are potty trained. Once they fall within our age group, you may have them in diapers and pullups (we have had many cases of children with bowel issues, or late potty-training, or developmental delays needing this!). We will ask you to check on them frequently as we aren't allowed to change them ourselves."

Is this still true?

My DD(3) is almost "fully" potty trained. At our time of sailing (6 mo.) she should be fully potty trained.
But I am worried about accidents, due to being distracted or holding it to long.

If she is still in pull ups will they let in?
If no, what happens if she does have an accident?

I have no problem checking on my kids. I would would check hourly anyways.

Thanks

Thank you lanejudy and PrincessSchmoo for answering questions! You're fantastic.

My husband is still working onboard DCL in a managerial position; I've come to sail now and again since.

Sorry to ask this but how do I start a thread and what is the name of the program where you give treasures to others on board the boat? Also, on the Oct cruise out of Puerto Rico, if there is a Halloween party, will there still be a pirate party?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter