Current Rain Situation at WDW

WDW Fan since 1975

Mouseketeer
I leave for WDW in 5, count them, 5 days!

As I check out Weather.com, I see rain in the forecast the next 10 days.

YIKES! :eek:

How bad is it? I guess I need a hooded raincoat?:confused3

Please advise! (I need a vacation SO bad, it doesn't matter if it SNOWS in Orlando, but I need to plan for this.)

Thanks,

Mike.

Weather.com is not always accurate. It was predicting thunderstorms every single day we went last week. It rained a little bit on our second to last and last day, but that was it. Florida weather varies widely; often if it rains you can expect that it will stop raining, or at least downgrade to a drizzle, within a half hour or so. The good thing about Disney is that very few attractions have to close if it rains.

We just got back. I'd say on any given day there was a 60% chance it would rain from 3PM until 6PM, pouring most of the time (didn't matter what the official forecast was). The other 40% of the days were completely dry and hot.

Not all rainstorms had lightning.

We were happy we had our raincoats in a backpack but didn't use them that much. My kids were happy to run around in the warm rain and get soaked once in a while, too.

Previous trips we've gone in late Sept / early Oct. We saw much less rain during this time of year, so I'd imagine things will start drying out a bit, unless a tropical system comes by.

We did manage two full days at the waterparks with no rain and one other waterpark day when we were chased out by lightning at 3.

Hi there!
Looks like we will be there the same time as you. I also looked at the 10 day on weather.com this morning and thought "ooohhhh nnnooooo"...BUT, I wouldn't worry about it. Those afternoon storms that pop up down there in the afternoon usually pass pretty quickly. We were there the same week last year and it only rained ONCE, for about 10 minutes. And like the previous posters have said, they aren't always accurate. :goodvibes
And I'm with you...I don't care if it snows, I just want to BE there!!

Most of the time, the rain showers happen in the afternoon, then they're done. Even if it says it's going to rain every day, it just may, but it won't be an all day wash out. We are umbrella people, but we will have ponchos with us just in case (those cheap-o Walmart ones).

Hi there!
Looks like we will be there the same time as you. I also looked at the 10 day on weather.com this morning and thought "ooohhhh nnnooooo"...BUT, I wouldn't worry about it. Those afternoon storms that pop up down there in the afternoon usually pass pretty quickly. We were there the same week last year and it only rained ONCE, for about 10 minutes. And like the previous posters have said, they aren't always accurate. :goodvibes
And I'm with you...I don't care if it snows, I just want to BE there!!

Thanks for the encouraging words, you're ALL making me feel better!

And dvcmom72, make sure you look for me, I'll say HI! I'm the guy smiling a lot!:) (We're staying at Caribbean Beach Resort from 9/11 to 9/18)

We'll be at the POP 12-19 and I thought the same thing when I looked at weather.com this AM. But I talked with a friend today who lives in Orlando and she said the same thing. Early afternoon showers for a couple of hours and then done :)

I leave for WDW in 5, count them, 5 days!

As I check out Weather.com, I see rain in the forecast the next 10 days.

YIKES! :eek:

How bad is it? I guess I need a hooded raincoat?:confused3

Please advise! (I need a vacation SO bad, it doesn't matter if it SNOWS in Orlando, but I need to plan for this.)

Thanks,

Mike.

Buy a poncho.. lol.. it rained every single day but one for us during 12 days there.. and wear shoes that dry fast..

I leave on Saturday -- I checked wunderground.com (I prefer this website for weather) and there is only a 30-40% chance of thunderstorms from Saturday - Monday. This is normal for the time of the year. I'm more than happy with that forecast, and I'll be packing my rain ponchos just in case. Can't wait to get there....only a few more days!!!!

Thanks for the encouraging words, you're ALL making me feel better!

And dvcmom72, make sure you look for me, I'll say HI! I'm the guy smiling a lot!:) (We're staying at Caribbean Beach Resort from 9/11 to 9/18)

You are funny...will I look like a lunatic if I say HI! to every guy I see smiling??:rotfl: We'll be at Bay Lake Tower from the 11th - 17th!
If you see a brunette chasing a little blond haired, blue eyed, 3 year old boy around...yeah, that's probably me. LOL

Hi!

We arrive this Saturday (YAY!) & are there through 9/20, & I've been checking out the various weather sites like a crazy person!

And, I have to say, I HATE accuweather!! They're predicting all day & night rain on several of our days! Weather.com is a little better...

I'm used to Florida weather - but I'm more used to Florida summer weather which is when we normally go. This is the 1st time we'll be in WDW in September, & all this predicted rain has me worried!

I really, really, really don't want our 9/16 MNSSHP to be rained out!

Dont worry about the weather. That forcast is as simple as passing thunderstorms, not all day rain.

If it does rain it'll most likely be a hit and gone thundreshower. Typically they are gone by sunset too.

This is nothing more than late summer/fall weather for us down here.

We'll be there from 9/9 to 9/17, and we often visit in September. A lot of times you come out of an attraction and the sun is shining and the ground is wet from a passing shower. It's also nice that a thunderstorm sometimes makes crowds get even lower! Have a wonderful time! :thumbsup2
mary

Yup, already have cheap-o ponchos purchased (2 each... in case we can't recycle them the whole week.)

I'm going to Disney World!:banana:

put $20 aside for Disney ones..LOL.. the cheap ones lasted us one night.. the disney ones lasted 11 days! we hung them to dry each night in the room..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter