Current pricing of the older resorts?

LoriKutchey

DIS Veteran
I know there is going to be a price increase as of June 4th. I am thinking of adding on, I would like to add on at OKW. Does anyone know there current price? Will there price also go up on June 4th also.

Thanks, Lori

P.S. I checked the DVC member website and cannot find pricing for the resorts is it even posted on there??

Just got back fro OKW on Sun. Actually had a flyer in our welcome packet about OKW points available.

Currently OKW is $92. No idea if the price increase will affect this or not as it is not a $ off promo (at least the way it was explained to us by the guide at the resort).

I am actually playing phone tag with my guide right now as we are trying to get info on OKW & SSR add-ons.

Im just curious:confused3 ... isn't it possible to by resale points via the Timeshare Store much cheaper than $92.00 per point for OKW? I just joined the DVC and so Im kind of new to the ins and outs of things. Are there add'l benefits when purchasing these points directly from DVC at the higher price?

I wasn't aware of the price change coming up on June 4th... does anyone know what the new pricing will be for AKV after this date, or for the other DVC resorts? Thank you!

cooko4cocoapuffs,
there may be other benefits (because I am just learning this myself), but I think the benefit of buying from DVC is the ability to buy these smaller point add ons. I'm doing a resale now myself, and have been looking at the resale lists for a few months. Those small contracts, when they come...boy do they go fast.

If you are looking for over 100 points, (minus AKV) not sure why you wouldn't go str8 to resale.

Good luck, Diane

The last post I saw about the price increase listed the prices as follows:

Prices through June 4th:
AKV = $101 - $8 incentive = $93 (min 100 pts.)
SSR = $101 - $10 incentive = $91 (min 50 pts.)
BCV = $95
BWV, VWL = $95
OKW = $92
HHI, VB = $92 - $5 incentive = $87 (min. 50 pts.)

After June 4th:
AKV, SSR = $104 (not clear if the incentives will still be available)
BCV = $101
BWV, VWL = $98
OKW, HH and VB = $92

One advantage of adding-on thru DVC is that there would be no closing costs. The $92 per point would be the whole cost (plus prorated 2007 fees on those points). I'd also check to see if the $5 incentive is still in place until June - lowering the cost to $87 per point.

If you were to buy 50 points from DVC with no closing cost @ 92 per point you would pay $4600 then subtract the actual resale closing costs ($375 and up check with your resale office for actual costs)then divide by the original point total and you will get the bottom line true cost per point value for buying resale over DVC

50pts x $92 = $4600

I used $375 here because it was the lowest closing cost I could find it may be higher or lower
$4600 - $375 closing cost = $4225

$4225 / 50pts = $84.50 per point

$84.50 is around the price to pay to break even buying resale over DVC assuming a $375 closing but please check with your resale office first to get the actual amount.You may also need to figure plus or minus for the maintenance fees if the seller is willing to pay them

If the $375 closing cost is to high LMK I think that it's about average for 50 points.If anyone can get a better closing cost price please LMK so I can correct the figures.

If you were to buy 50 points from DVC with no closing cost @ 92 per point you would pay $4600 then subtract the closing costs ($400)then divide by the original point total and you will get the bottom line true cost per point value for buying resale ...

There are NO closing costs when an existing member purchases an add-on. Even a new purchase of 160 points thru DVC will only have closing costs in the $200 range.

For the purpose of comparing resale purchase with a direct purchase, it might be better to add the actual closing costs to the resale purchase instead of subtracting an imaginary number from the direct purchase. In addition, the maintenance fees with a direct purchase will be prorated based on purchase date. In many cases, resales may expect a full year's worth of fees to be reimbursed (just remember that ALL aspects of a resale purchase are negotiable).

Direct purchases can still get points from 2006 for Use Years of June - December.

And with direct purchase there is no agonizing ROFR & your points will be accessible to you as soon as your deposit is recieved (or pretty darn quick thereafter).

There are NO closing costs when an existing member purchases an add-on. Even a new purchase of 160 points thru DVC will only have closing costs in the $200 range.

For the purpose of comparing resale purchase with a direct purchase, it might be better to add the actual closing costs to the resale purchase instead of subtracting an imaginary number from the direct purchase. In addition, the maintenance fees with a direct purchase will be prorated based on purchase date. In many cases, resales may expect a full year's worth of fees to be reimbursed (just remember that ALL aspects of a resale purchase are negotiable).

Direct purchases can still get points from 2006 for Use Years of June - December.

Yes I know there are no closing costs for DVC add ons.I was only making a example But I will edit it to insert a ? for closing cost
I was using the no closing DVC price to start then subtracting the cost of paying resale closing costs ($375 and up last I checked ) from the DVC price and yes you could also do it the other way but for the purpose of finding the highest resale price to pay prior to and without ALL the aspects negotiated It's just seams easier to start with what you know the - Total price per point from DVC then add or subtract your variables to get to the true value per point with any resale.

Checking with DVC about selling my 50 point add on back (BCV) Wondering what the going rate DVC will buy back at....

Checking with DVC about selling my 50 point add on back (BCV) Wondering what the going rate DVC will buy back at....
People have posted being offered around $55/pt. If I were you, I would call The Timeshare Store and sell it through them. A small contract at BCV would go for 90-something per point. You would have to pay around 12% (??) commission. I'll bet your contract would sell the day you list it. TTS sponsors this board -- click on their link at the top of this page.

Thanks Lisa....$55 would not be worth selling.....if it is that low I'll surely hook up with TSS or look into ebaying it...

Thanks Lisa....$55 would not be worth selling.....if it is that low I'll surely hook up with TSS or look into ebaying it...
If you do give DVC a call, let us know if they are offering something closer to market rate these days.

And with direct purchase there is no agonizing ROFR & your points will be accessible to you as soon as your deposit is recieved (or pretty darn quick thereafter).

Also, depending on your UY, you would get 2006 points. Example:
If you buy today and have a June - Dec. UY, you would recieve 2006 points (that they would allow you to bank) and 2007 points on the first day of your UY month.

WebmasterDoc, quick question for you, just talked to my guide about adding 50 pts at SSR, he said i'll be getting free 50 pts now and new 50 will come in Dec07(UY) , when will i start paying for my MF?

WebmasterDoc, quick question for you, just talked to my guide about adding 50 pts at SSR, he said i'll be getting free 50 pts now and new 50 will come in Dec07(UY) , when will i start paying for my MF?
I'm not Doc but if you added on 50 pts today you would probably have those points in your account within 24 hours. Your dues will start at the time you get the points. So you would owe about 219 days worth of dues for 2007. Dues at SSR are $4.12/pt so that works out to about $124. About $17 of that amount covers 1/12th of the Dec '07 points that you will get. The rest ($107) is for the "free" 2006 points.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter