Current prices for food items at resort stores?

kboo

DIS Veteran
Hi all, currently trying to figure out if it's worth the savings to bring a bunch of food down to WDW. (We are a family of 3, it's a short trip, and we live in NYC where prices are $$$$ to begin with) Is there anywhere on the web that has reasonably current prices for the food items, like single-serve cereals, microwaveable meals, etc? Thanks in advance.

When we were in NYC last fall, it was more expensive than anywhere I've shopped in FL. The resorts are higher but probably not much higher than you are used to. Not worth it to pack a lot imo especially if you are flying and it's a short trip.

Thanks! I had to LOL. We'll still bring stuff, but I'm not going to sweat it, then. Just the trip to a grocery store here in the city and lugging all that stuff home, to pack it and save $1 here and $1 there...

We always bring a few things like snacks but only partially for the savings. The main reason is to make sure we have extra room in our luggage for any souvenirs on the way home.

Have you considered doing a grocery order from Garden Grocer, or shipping some things down via Amazon Pantry? I'd like to know the prices in the resort shop as well though, but I'm pretty sure they're highly inflated.

DVC members can have Disney deliver groceries to their villas. The groceries are purchased at the hotel gift shop. If you google something like "Beach Club Villas grocery order form" you will see the price list. I believe the prices on the list are the same as the prices in the gift shops.

I don't think you mentioned where you will be staying. I think the gift shops have a bigger food selection if the resort has a DVC wing.

DVC members can have Disney deliver groceries to their villas. The groceries are purchased at the hotel gift shop. If you google something like "Beach Club Villas grocery order form" you will see the price list. I believe the prices on the list are the same as the prices in the gift shops.

I don't think you mentioned where you will be staying. I think the gift shops have a bigger food selection if the resort has a DVC wing.

This. The prices on the order form should match those in the resort store, just make sure you check the date as there are lots of older ones floating around. The DVC resorts do have a much larger selection of food since it's hard to cook a full sized frozen pizza at some place like POP with no oven. The best prices tend to be on bread products, solely because those come from the baker with the price printed on the package, so they are the same as in your local grocery store. But on average, the prices are somewhat in line with the in park prices, especially if you can buy it in park. For instance, pulled up a 2013 AKV order form, a 2 liter of Coke is $3.50, 1/2 gallon of milk $2.95, 16oz box of Prince spaghetti $3.95, 12in Red Barn 4 cheese frozen pizza $5.95, 10.75oz can of Campbell's Condensed Chicken Noodle Soup $1.95 etc, etc, etc. But a 20oz bottle of soda, $2.59, 6 pack of Coke, $8.00!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter