Current PIN Codes

mom2AidanAndEli

DIS Veteran
Is anyone receiving PIN codes currently? If so, when are they for? I know in the past they would sort of come out in waves. But I haven't heard a lot of talk of them lately. Just wondering what's going on with them now. Guess I could call and just see if there's anything attached to my account!

My husband has gotten 2 in the past few months and they are for a percent off of rooms, but only until June 7. We are going a month later and can't move dates due to baseball. Hope we get another that we can use!

My husband has gotten 2 in the past few months and they are for a percent off of rooms, but only until June 7. We are going a month later and can't move dates due to baseball. Hope we get another that we can use!

I received the same offer a few weeks ago :)

I've received two offers also, one by mail and one by email. Both are room discounts through first part of June as well. Keeping fingers crossed for free dining though.

I have received the same offer as it sounds like others have. Too early for us this year as well.

How do you sign up to "receive" the offers? I obsessively search the internet daily, but haven't really seen an actual code or how to receive the codes themselves.

Thank you! (I'm new here :) )

How do you sign up to "receive" the offers? I obsessively search the internet daily, but haven't really seen an actual code or how to receive the codes themselves.

Thank you! (I'm new here :) )
There is no surefire way to get them. Some people will get them a lot after a recent trip to get them to come back. I have heard it helps to sign up to receive the DVD and park info, although I say that it didn't work for me. It does for others.

There is no surefire way to get them. Some people will get them a lot after a recent trip to get them to come back. I have heard it helps to sign up to receive the DVD and park info, although I say that it didn't work for me. It does for others.
So aggravating, my parents get them 3 times a year, we have never got one. We have every DVD going back to the VHS ones. But we go every year, so I guess there's no need to send us pins if they think we will go anyways......

I used to get them all the time several years ago. But the last few years...nothing. I think my mom got one a year or so ago. We haven't been since summer 2012 but are booked for this June. Hopefully, I'll get back on "the list" after this trip.

So aggravating, my parents get them 3 times a year, we have never got one. We have every DVD going back to the VHS ones. But we go every year, so I guess there's no need to send us pins if they think we will go anyways......

It sure is whacky how they determine who gets them. We have only gotten one planning DVD back in 2010, have been 9 times in the last 10 years and get 3 or 4 PINs every year. :confused3

Sometimes i'd get the Pin codes in the mail from Chase Disney card.. The funny thing is that they had the same offer to the general public so big hoohah.lol

Are pins only received via email? Or do you need to call to see if there is a pin code on your account?

Are pins only received via email? Or do you need to call to see if there is a pin code on your account?
You can call and ask, sometimes people have reported having them when they didn't get an e-mail.

I haven't received a PIN since I joined DVC :(

I've gotten them both by e-mail and via snail mail. My sister has gotten one when she called to book a trip and there was one "attached" to her account. The odd thing is, she didn't *have* an account. She hadn't been to Disney in over 20 years and had never booked a trip herself. Even when she was there 20 years earlier, she didn't stay onsite so Disney didn't have her name in their system for any reason. Personally, I don't think there are PINs "attached" to someone's name...I think it's either a random luck-of-the-draw discount code that pops up when the CM enters your name/info *or* the CM's have a set number of pixie dust promo codes that they can give out for whatever reason. JMO.

Also, over the last few years I've noticed that Disney has been sending out e-mails and postcards that *look* like PIN/UOC (unique offer code) discounts but are really just the general public offers at the time. A PIN/UOC is usually 12-16 digits long while the code for the general public offering is usually a 3 or 5 digit alpha-numeric code. Disney is just trying to be sneaky. ;)

I've found that pricing a Disney vacation (putting the room, tickets, etc. in my shopping cart at the Disney website and going through the check-out process all the way up to where you would put in the payment info) seems to trigger a few "don't forget the magic in your cart" e-mails which I ignore. I do usually end up getting a few general discount offers (always the same as the public offers at the time) and sometimes I'll eventually end up with a PIN/UOC that's better than the general offer. I will say that I don't usually get the PIN until about 2 months before the dates of the "trip" in my shopping cart. I always book through my Disney TA, but I keep our trip plans in my shopping cart for months on end in hopes of getting a PIN/UOC.

I started getting them after signing up for the vacation planning dvd but stating how I wanted to stay "off-site" then bam, codes! However, it's never for the week I want! :p

I just received one via email today. Room discount for bookings through the end of August

I just got the same email! This is my first PIN code, which is very exciting for me...it would be even more exciting if I could actually use it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter