• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Current (or very recent) onsite guests: Did you get KTTW cards?

I checked in 10-31 and i was given a card. I did not use it to try and pull FPs though.

We got KTTW cards, but we had already purchased our park passes and they were already linked to our MBs. I don't remember using our KTTW cards for much as our MBs were much easier for charging purchases and meals. On one occasion we did get FPS for a ride with them, but our plans changed so we gave them to another family. The KTTW cards ended up being a nice little souvenir for the scrapbook.

We got them at AKL on Sunday. I had no use for them, as the Magic Bands did work to open the door and charge.

I got them at AKV-Kidani on 10/31. Never used them for more than opening the door, though, as I use my AP for parks.

I was at Wilderness Lodge Monday night and did not get a KTTW card, but it was a beta-test stay for CMs, and not getting one was part of the test.

We checked in the last week of Oct and got the magic bands AND the cards in case the bands didn't work.
We were able to use the bands for everything and everything worked smoothly enough.
We also used the cards a couple of times to pull fast passes and it all worked out.

I checked in on 10/31 at POP. I was given KTTW, but had to ask for them. CM said her KTTW card printer hadn't been working, but that we wouldn't need them since everything was on the MB. I said I wanted to have them for back up. The CM was annoyed at me, but did go in the back and used another computer to print us KTTW cards.

I checked in on 10/27 at CBR and got cards. Used them twice to pull paper FPs with no problem.

Wait, aren't Magic Bands mainly for that whole 'make reservations for rides' thing? If you don't want to do that, wouldn't you not get a Magic Band?

Wait, aren't Magic Bands mainly for that whole 'make reservations for rides' thing? If you don't want to do that, wouldn't you not get a Magic Band?

No. Magic Bands are really a replacement for the KTTW cards. They are an upgrade. As with all upgrades, they are undergoing a beta test at the moment. FP+ in the future will replace the current FP system so being able to test this new feature is a part of wanting to use the Magic Bands, however, the main reason is due to their ease of use. You can select FPs from your phone, charge purchases to your MB, use it in place of a photo pass card, etc. It is meant to be one device that lets you do everything.

We got kttw cards at check in last week. We didn't have to ask for them. We were able to pull paper fastpasses with them. CM was standing by FP- machine, noticed my wristband, smiled, and didn't say anything to me about pulling paper fastpass. Most CM's seemed very understanding about the MB testing phase. When they work great, they work great. When they don't, they are a pain! (when we used MB for Buzz, CM claimed that my son didn't have a reservation for the ride, so she took away his barnstormer FP+. Later it turned out that the reason we were 1 pass short for Buzz was because my daughter somehow hasn't scanned. So my son was charged twice, my daughter not at all. And then, because we didn't find out what had happened until using a kiosk several hours later, my daughters unused credit was stuck, and no longer usable- so, for our party of 6, we should have had a group total of 18 reservations for the day, but after riding buzz, we had only 11, instead of 12 left.) I couldn't get the disney app to work in the park- iPhone 5 with verizon service (didn't work with disney wifi either) of course, I wished this all on myself after praising the MB in an earlier post!

Nope. While FP+ is one facet of MagicBands, they have many purposes: park ticket, room key, Photopass, method of payment, etc. Any stored information that will need to be recalled will most likely be compatible with MagicBands.

We stayed at Coronado Springs the week of Oct 21st and we KTTW cards to go along with our bands. I don't think that we used the cards once during the entire week stay.

At the Poly now and got cards as well. They told us more than once to keep them with us just in case. Haven't needed them except to pull FP.

Checked in 10/31 at POR and got cards too. We were told "not to use to them for anything" but used them for fast passes throughout our stay.

wyurm said:
No. Magic Bands are really a replacement for the KTTW cards. They are an upgrade. As with all upgrades, they are undergoing a beta test at the moment. FP+ in the future will replace the current FP system so being able to test this new feature is a part of wanting to use the Magic Bands, however, the main reason is due to their ease of use. You can select FPs from your phone, charge purchases to your MB, use it in place of a photo pass card, etc. It is meant to be one device that lets you do everything.

Well, they mail you the magic bands right? What about if you book your trip last minute or something?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter