Current Must Eats in the park or near by

scrapbunny

Mouseketeer
We will be heading to DL the first week of January and I'm trying to plan out our food at least a little. I'm hoping the treats during Three Kings Days will be tasty and know we will get Dole Whips but what are the other super yummy treats or meals that you have had recently? We have 3 kids and one vegan/ gluten free adult so we will mainly be bringing our own food or eating outside of the parks but I would love to know of any current yummy deals in the parks or near by.

I'm a meatatarian, so no help with vegan/gluten free meals.

For me, it's not a DL trip without a corn dog from the Red Wagon, and the deep fried cheese from the corn dog hut(?) in DCA.

Big Thunder BBQ. There is a veggie option that is yummy. The corn bread is not gluten free, but the rest is. And vegan. :)

My favorite close to the park is on Harbor just East of the DLR entrance - Pizza Press. It's sort of a fast food pizza place where they make it in front of you. They also have local microbrews.

Since it will still be holiday time, (I'm not 100% sure - they may have these year round) we all loved the dipped marshmallows of Mickey & Minnie and of course Tigger Tails. We also stopped at the fruit stand on Main Street every day and DD had a banana and water - I love that they have healthy stuff there. I'd rather she have that as a treat than ice cream etc.

Thanks for the tips. I found the other thread with places to eat outside of DL and added the Pizza Press to my list :) I'll add the corn dogs too :) Do they still have the giant Turkey legs anywhere? I didn't find them our last trip but didn't look super hard since my friend is vegan/gluten free. This trip will be longer so I want to plan in which meals we will eat in the park if I can.

I know I saw a stand for the turkey legs over in Paradise Pier near TSMM if I remember correctly.

Pizza Port in Tomorrowland: pizza, pasta, salads

Rancho del Zocalo: all sorts of yummy

Fudge from the Candy Shop on Main Street

- Dreams

Cream cheese filled soft pretzels. Right next to Silly Strings in DCA. Droooooool

I also can't help with the gluten free/vegan options, but for snacks, I really like the beignets and mint julep (non-alcoholic) at the mint Julep bar (attached to the French Market in New Orleans Square).
DSC_0030_1.jpg

Another favorite treat is the Mickey pretzel. It's salty on the outside, but tender (and warm) on the inside. So yummy!
DSC_0492.jpg

Also, the bacon wrapped asparagus from the Bengal BBQ is really good!
DSC_0880_1.jpg

Do they still have the giant Turkey legs anywhere?

They have them at several locations in both parks. At DLR, I know they're on a cart in the hub (left side, when facing the castle) and at the big stand in Frontierland to the right of the Mark Twain dock. Over at DCA, they have them on the Boardwalk (across from Toy Story Mania) and next to Muppets on Hollywood Boulevard. They're probably in other locations, but these are the ones I can think of quickly.

We really enjoyed the meals at Flo's in Cars Land. Good home cook'in. Not sure if there were any vegan selections. I did see a chef out talking with a customer while we were there so they could probably come up with something.

Thanks for all the yummy ideas :) We are going to go to City Hall and get the gluten free guide our first day and have been writing ideas from the Dis :) We won't be able to eat everywhere but at least we have a bunch of options. Thanks again everyone :grouphug:

There is an incredibly large Vietnamese population in Anaheim, and many if not all of the restaurants have extensive vegetarian menus and also use rice noodles which are OK for gluten intolerant eaters.

Be aware that soy sauce is not gluten free but many will use tamari if you ask them.

A good place to start is Thuyen Vien, about a 6 minute drive from DLR, extensive vegan and vegetarian food and quite cheap.

Ralph Brennan's in Downtown Disney is an option. The food is good and we recently ate their with some friends that are vegetarian and they made a special meal for them.

That Mickey pretzel looks cute and yummy! Where do they sell those?

They're all over the place. Someone mentioned a few places above, and two more I can think of --- between Start Tours and the retail store in Tomorrow land (traders?), and at the Coca Cola place on Main Street.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter