Current Magic Concierge is...

cotomom

<font color=red>That'd be FABULOUS!<br><font color
Sonja and Erika. They were fantastic and able to help w/ all we needed.

Craig from Jamaica was room steward for Roy Suite. Very nice fella!

Just returned tonight so any ?s, fire away and I'll answer tomorrow... :faint:

I thought Sonja and Erika were great on our cruise 2 weeks ago as well. I'd like to email them if I could.... I had a mishap on Grand Cayman and wanted to fill them in on how I'm doing now that we are home.

Karen

Sonja and Erica were always smiling and very helpful. But.....
we had constant problems with things being wrong. We'd ask for 3 people for wine tasting, 4 for martini tasting and get tickets for 4 people wine tasting and 3 people martini tasting. We asked to change our Palo ressies from 6:30 for 4 to 7pm for 4, and brunch from 11am for 2 to 4, and ended up with 7pm for 2 for dinner and 11am for 2 for brunch. We asked to move massages around and they'd switch them opposite of what we wanted. Shore excursions - same problem. And no, it wasn't that our requests were weird either. Sometimes the requests came from me, sometimes from my DB. Each time we had other people witnessing our side of the conversation (DM or DSIL). With Palo and the spa I ended up taking care of them myself by going directly there. Shore excursions and other things we just went through 3 or 4 iterations until it was right. The messup continued into billing. When we got our bills, my DSIL was on my bill and my DM was on my DB's bill. I asked them to switch it. The next bill my DSIL and DM weren't on anyone's bill. Then we ended up with DSIL and DM BOTH on my bill. At this point we're still not sure who ended up paying for whom. Now we're showing DSIL charged on DB's card, then credited on mine, then credited on DB's card. So who knows what next week will bring!

The upside was they DID make it right, each and every time. We ended up with 3 free shore excursions from the deal due to another mix-up. Everything we asked for we got.

In answer to other questions, we were in a Cat 3 and got snack plates every day. We had a fruit basket, cheese platters and a dessert platter. The cheese platters were our favorite. They also created a huge cheese platter twice (once as a "sorry" and again for a suite party we had). We received a lithograph at the end called "Snow White by Starlight". When we called concierge it was about 50/50 whether someone answered. As long as I left a message, they always responded.

With this being an Eastern turned Western cruise, we had to rebook every single shore excursion, so concierge was kept really busy. Then in Cozumel, half of the excursions were cancelled. It was well worth the $. At least we always got what we wanted, even if it took 2 or 3 times to get it right!

Sweet Sue

We got all ressies just as asked. They answered the phone every time but once when we called (which is a record compared to all of our past cruises), we too had a treat plate each afternoon, delivered by Alvin. We ordered Palo in suite (only cat. 1 and 2 can do). It took about 45-50 minutes to arrive, but very nice. They met us at the tender for Grand Cayman, so no need to wait in the Theater for tender tickets.

We also received the Snow White concierge exclusive lithograph. Same one as was on the May Repo cruise.

And we received the Castaway Club bag ... like all other repeat passengers.

We did not go to the concierge meet upon embarkation and they called that afternoon to make sure we were ok and to ask what they could do for us.

Concierge party was a bit strange as it was at 11:00 am on Key West day. Different from the usual sailaway time.

Any other questions? :flower:

cotomom: Thank you so much for confirming that Cat 1 and 2 can order from Palo. I've seen it here but if you call DCL they say no. How is it handled. Did you call the normal room service number or did you call Concierge? Are you billed the same $10.00 per person which I would assume would include a $10.00 charge for kids if your order for them, and did you tip the same as if you were eating there? Do they bring all the courses at once so you would get your souffle at the same time as your meal? Sorry for all the questions I just can't figure out how it works. It would be easier to just go there for dinner but we promised the kids that we would order one dinner from Palo and eat together in the room.

Also, does anyone know if it is normal to have the Concierge reception at 11:00AM on Key West day? I booked Palo for brunch at that time and probably will change it if that's the norm.

Thank you so much for offering information. Finding information when it comes to suites can be really difficult.

We called regular room service number. All items came at the same time, so when we finally got around to the souffle, it was tough and cold. Everything else 'transported' just fine! I'm not sure about the $10 charge per person, I assume we paid it. And we tipped large, but not quite as large as we would've if dining IN Palo. Two room service attendants brought the food, put a white tablecloth on the table, and all the covered dishes on the table. When we were done, we called Room Service and they came and cleared all the empty plates.

As far as Key West concierge thing... I know in the past, it was at 5pm on Key West day. Why they changed it, I'm not sure. And don't know if this was just for this sailing or what. Seems like w/ each concierge team, things are slightly different each time.

Hope this helps...

Thank you! Yes that helped a lot. Guess the kids will have to eat their souffles before their meal. I'm sure they won't be happy about that. It's great to know that it can be done. I've read so many versions on the boards.

We took the galley tour on our last day and Eldon (the Palo chef) was the one giving the tour. He asked how many of us had eaten at Palo and I told him we hadn't been able to make it but planned to order the souffle to the room that night, since we'd heard so much about it. He asked who our server was and told us to have him come see him (Eldon) after our main course was served. We wound up getting two very warm chocolate souffles for dessert that last night. I thought that was very sweet of Eldon.

Karen

cotomom are you saying that a cat 3 can not order from the Palo menu for room service? That would make me very unhappy on my upcomming trip. That was a big reason for my upgrade, was to be able to order from any of the menu's in my room. There are only two of us & one of us is a small 11y/o so we didn't really need the space But if a cat3 is treated differently then a cat2 I'm going to be a very cranky cruiser.

Hi Suzanne:

We were in a cat 3 last year and yes you can order dinner from any of the regular rotation menus but you are not able to order from Palo. One perk is you are able to order a hot breakfast on the last morning of the cruise. We were told only cat 1 and 2 were allowed to order from Palo.

Correct ... only categories 1 and 2 can order from Palo for room service. A Cat 3 can only order from any of the 3 dining rotations, as well as the regular room service menu.

And, at least for last week.... for the disembarking morning, we were able to order room service for breakfast. But it was only continental choices, not hot. There were 2 time choices, 7:30-8:00am, being the latest time choice. They called at 7:15 to inform us it was on it's way.

Yes cotomon, I was wrong. I meant to say we were able to order a hot breakfast every morning except on the last day when we were able too order a continental breakfast when other staterooms were no longer able to order room service. There aren't many extra perks with a suite but the few that are available are really nice.

It doesn't hurt to ask for a hot breakfast the last day. We were in a Cat 3 and had a full breakfast (eggs, etc). the last morning.

Originally posted by DVCLady
Are there actually 2 levels of Concierge?

I was actually just wondering the same thing.

I'm pretty sure that if I push the issue of Palo delivery (In a nice but firm way) they will accomodate me. I will simply cite Disney's policy of not having 'classes'. Because to me if you have different levels of conceirge then you are getting into a first class, second class situation.

I'll let you know if the lowly $3500 p/p cat3 is entitled to finger sandwiches or not, in a few weeks. (That was said tongue in cheek with a smile, no flames please)

Finger sandwiches or not I'm still going to have the best vacation ever! :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter