Current *GT/MTO/FLR Discounts!

To better accomodate those who visit this thread, on average how often do you visit this thread?

• Once a month

Votes: 59 8.7%
  • Once a week

Votes: 114 16.8%
  • 2 times a week

Votes: 36 5.3%
  • 3 times a week

Votes: 42 6.2%
  • 4 times a week

Votes: 23 3.4%
  • 5 times a week

Votes: 25 3.7%
  • 6 times a week

Votes: 6 0.9%
  • daily

Votes: 121 17.9%
  • more than 1 time per day

Votes: 49 7.2%
  • First time on Thread

Votes: 215 31.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Last year was unusual, they had Discounts all year it seemed.
This year has been unusual in that they haven't had many FL discounts at all. Either demand is just up or they have found the "sweet" spot in pricing, and don't need to do discounts.

For the 12/4 and 12/11 cruises out of Texas when would you expect the GT rate to be offered? I was calculating the week of 9/20. What are you thoughts?

Last year was unusual, they had Discounts all year it seemed.
This year has been unusual in that they haven't had many FL discounts at all. Either demand is just up or they have found the "sweet" spot in pricing, and don't need to do discounts.

My personal opinion is that they are trying to get everyone comfortable with the higher prices so that when they release future discounts, that, compared to years past are not really discounts, that a sense of urgency is created to book this "special" rate or risk losing it and either being shut out of taking a cruise entirely or having to pay the new jacked up prices. The Florida Resident discount that they are offering for the October 31 cruise on the Fantasy is a joke, but it is so discounted from the full price rate that it appears as though it is a deal. I wish that we could all just go on strike for a while and force them to deal with the nonsense that they have pulled over the last few months, but it will not happen.

For the 12/4 and 12/11 cruises out of Texas when would you expect the GT rate to be offered? I was calculating the week of 9/20. What are you thoughts?

I think that's too soon for a discount. I would think early October would be more likely.

Whats a PIF date?
Paid In Full: the day your total cruise fare must be paid.
Usually that is also the day the first tier of cancellation fees kicks in, making it expensive to cancel and rebook at a *GT rate. That's the reason these rates start being offered after the PIF-date.

We just sucked it up and booked a cat 5d for our yearly November cruise...one deluxe family cabin for 5 of us 1800$ more than last year with discount and to veranda rooms 05b......hoping for a FLR rate now...I think it is a shame they don't price adjust MTO rates...so our only hope now is FLR. We booked because the ship is filling up...less than 100 rooms left...not the usual availability...I have no idea whats going on!

We just sucked it up and booked a cat 5d for our yearly November cruise...one deluxe family cabin for 5 of us 1800$ more than last year with discount and to veranda rooms 05b......hoping for a FLR rate now...I think it is a shame they don't price adjust MTO rates...so our only hope now is FLR. We booked because the ship is filling up...less than 100 rooms left...not the usual availability...I have no idea whats going on!

How do you check to see how many rooms are left?

DH and I want to do a 3 nighter for our anniversary in November and I've been waiting for FL resident discounts to come, but NOTHING. The sailing we want has plenty of every category available. I was hoping to come here and make sense of it. You'd think they'd rather sell them a few hundred less than not sell them at all. Especially this time of year!

If you book it at regular price, and then FLR becomes available, will they adjust the price if you call them about it?

I was told last year that they would adjust the pricing to reflect the FLR discount if it became available after the fact. I specifically asked the DCL rep over the phone this time last year. Unless something has changed, they should adjust the price. Keep in mind, that discount goes fast once its offered, so keep looking for it!!

I was told last year that they would adjust the pricing to reflect the FLR discount if it became available after the fact. I specifically asked the DCL rep over the phone this time last year. Unless something has changed, they should adjust the price. Keep in mind, that discount goes fast once its offered, so keep looking for it!!
I'm obsessed with checking. Don't want to miss it!

How do you check to see how many rooms are left?

I first called DCL and the rep told me she had less than 100 rooms ...then I went online and category by category checked room availability and came up with about the same number actually less ..this however because they have GTY rooms and I can not see how many of those....I just looked today and I found 65 rooms btw all categories...It's time consuming but at the same time I am looking to see if I see a better stateroom to change to! Fingers crossed FLR comes out but I won't hold my breath on it!!

Yes they will adjust a FLR rate but you have to call they will not do this on their own...

My friend works at DCL and the ships have all been sailing at capacity so I would expect any sort of discounts anytime soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter