Current *GT/MTO/FLR Discounts!

To better accomodate those who visit this thread, on average how often do you visit this thread?

• Once a month

Votes: 59 8.7%
  • Once a week

Votes: 114 16.8%
  • 2 times a week

Votes: 36 5.3%
  • 3 times a week

Votes: 42 6.2%
  • 4 times a week

Votes: 23 3.4%
  • 5 times a week

Votes: 25 3.7%
  • 6 times a week

Votes: 6 0.9%
  • daily

Votes: 121 17.9%
  • more than 1 time per day

Votes: 49 7.2%
  • First time on Thread

Votes: 215 31.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Glad to see some discounts. I'm waiting on the week of Feb 20 specifically the Feb 21 out of Miami. There hasn't been a lot of discounts on the 5 day cruises, but I'm keeping fingers crossed. If not GT I can use an OBB. There are still a lot of inside and oceanviews left so I can't see the price going anything but down. We have some friends on this cruise otherwise I wouldn't be interested in this iteneray and short cruise. I'm not thrilled with the room I got with my OGT out of Galveston. This is the first time I have booked with a discount and not been happy with the room. It's our first cruise as platinum too. Thanks DCL! I'm hoping I can upgrade at port or move to a better location. Honestly I would rather be moved to an inside room in a better location than the oceanview room we got. :sad1:

[QUOTE="Ofinn, post: 54758515, member: 462532" I'm not thrilled with the room I got with my OGT out of Galveston. This is the first time I have booked with a discount and not been happy with the room. It's our first cruise as platinum too. Thanks DCL! I'm hoping I can upgrade at port or move to a better location. Honestly I would rather be moved to an inside room in a better location than the oceanview room we got. :sad1:[/QUOTE]

Where did they assign you? I did the Wonder out of Galveston in 2013 on OGT and wasn't pleased with our room at all. Despite being at the port early and the discounts being available up until a few days before the cruise was advertised as booked full with no upgrades available. We weren't able to move. Our room was on deck 2 with the nightclub right above us...loved the booming bass. Deck 2 wasn't bad...it was just the loud noise.

[QUOTE="Ofinn, post: 54758515, member: 462532" I'm not thrilled with the room I got with my OGT out of Galveston. This is the first time I have booked with a discount and not been happy with the room. It's our first cruise as platinum too. Thanks DCL! I'm hoping I can upgrade at port or move to a better location. Honestly I would rather be moved to an inside room in a better location than the oceanview room we got. :sad1:

Where did they assign you? I did the Wonder out of Galveston in 2013 on OGT and wasn't pleased with our room at all. Despite being at the port early and the discounts being available up until a few days before the cruise was advertised as booked full with no upgrades available. We weren't able to move. Our room was on deck 2 with the nightclub right above us...loved the booming bass. Deck 2 wasn't bad...it was just the loud noise.[/QUOTE]
Yep thats where we are. Im going to ask to be moved. Id take a downgrade to move to a quiet area.... so we'll see

Where did they assign you? I did the Wonder out of Galveston in 2013 on OGT and wasn't pleased with our room at all. Despite being at the port early and the discounts being available up until a few days before the cruise was advertised as booked full with no upgrades available. We weren't able to move. Our room was on deck 2 with the nightclub right above us...loved the booming bass. Deck 2 wasn't bad...it was just the loud noise.
Yep thats where we are. Im going to ask to be moved. Id take a downgrade to move to a quiet area.... so we'll see[/QUOTE]

Sorry to go off-topic, but I'd always avoided deck 2 because of concern with noise, but thought I had researched well, and we were in cabin 2050 1.5 weeks ago, and it was horrible for noise, as I think anything in this general area would be. We were under the area behind guest services so I thought it would be OK with no nightclub over us, but starting around 4:30 a.m. each night for about 1.5 hours we'd hear intermittent banging. Finally on night 6, I called guest services in the middle of the night to find out what it was, and they said they'd notify housekeeping but didn't really explain what it was. On night 7 when it occurred again, I popped out of bed, got dressed, and with my camera recording went on a mission myself to find out what it was! It turned out to be housekeeping vacuuming and banging the vacuum into the walls and booths in Wavebands and the area behind guest services. The vacuuming itself would have been fine, but it was the thump/bang as they hit the wall or edge of the hard booth that echoed and could be heard all down the hallway and in cabins on deck 2 below. Personally, though I'd be tempted by the prices, I wouldn't do IGT or OGT on Wonder/Magic because of the possibility of ending up on deck 2 where there are just so many potentially noisy areas, and I'd think that the especially noisy areas would be the exact ones that weren't booked earlier by people who chose specific cabins at higher prices and would end up assigned to the *GT's!

Yep thats where we are. Im going to ask to be moved. Id take a downgrade to move to a quiet area.... so we'll see

Sorry to go off-topic, but I'd always avoided deck 2 because of concern with noise, but thought I had researched well, and we were in cabin 2050 1.5 weeks ago, and it was horrible for noise, as I think anything in this general area would be. We were under the area behind guest services so I thought it would be OK with no nightclub over us, but starting around 4:30 a.m. each night for about 1.5 hours we'd hear intermittent banging. Finally on night 6, I called guest services in the middle of the night to find out what it was, and they said they'd notify housekeeping but didn't really explain what it was. On night 7 when it occurred again, I popped out of bed, got dressed, and with my camera recording went on a mission myself to find out what it was! It turned out to be housekeeping vacuuming and banging the vacuum into the walls and booths in Wavebands and the area behind guest services. The vacuuming itself would have been fine, but it was the thump/bang as they hit the wall or edge of the hard booth that echoed and could be heard all down the hallway and in cabins on deck 2 below. Personally, though I'd be tempted by the prices, I wouldn't do IGT or OGT on Wonder/Magic because of the possibility of ending up on deck 2 where there are just so many potentially noisy areas, and I'd think that the especially noisy areas would be the exact ones that weren't booked earlier by people who chose specific cabins at higher prices and would end up assigned to the *GT's![/QUOTE]
We've always been on deck 2 on both the Magic & Wonder. First time we were under the entrance area to Parrot Cay. So, not much noise at bedtime, since dinner was over.

Another time we were under the port side walkway along Promenade Lounge. That area is carpeted, and the only "noise" we had were occasional running feet, but certainly not loud.

A couple of other cruises we were under the passageway on the port side outside Triton's. That floor is not carpeted. While we certainly could hear running feet (on occasion) I'd not say it was annoying in any way.

Then we were underneath the Port Adventures/Wavebands area. I guess we must have gone to bed really late (and we're not "late to bed" types), but only rarely did we hear music (booming bass or otherwise) from above.

Most recently, we were located directly under the Guest Services lobby area. I don't recall any noise in the room from above us.

I guess it's how sensitive you are to "outside" noises.

Sorry to go off-topic, but I'd always avoided deck 2 because of concern with noise, but thought I had researched well, and we were in cabin 2050 1.5 weeks ago, and it was horrible for noise, as I think anything in this general area would be. We were under the area behind guest services so I thought it would be OK with no nightclub over us, but starting around 4:30 a.m. each night for about 1.5 hours we'd hear intermittent banging. Finally on night 6, I called guest services in the middle of the night to find out what it was, and they said they'd notify housekeeping but didn't really explain what it was. On night 7 when it occurred again, I popped out of bed, got dressed, and with my camera recording went on a mission myself to find out what it was! It turned out to be housekeeping vacuuming and banging the vacuum into the walls and booths in Wavebands and the area behind guest services. The vacuuming itself would have been fine, but it was the thump/bang as they hit the wall or edge of the hard booth that echoed and could be heard all down the hallway and in cabins on deck 2 below. Personally, though I'd be tempted by the prices, I wouldn't do IGT or OGT on Wonder/Magic because of the possibility of ending up on deck 2 where there are just so many potentially noisy areas, and I'd think that the especially noisy areas would be the exact ones that weren't booked earlier by people who chose specific cabins at higher prices and would end up assigned to the *GT's!
We've always been on deck 2 on both the Magic & Wonder. First time we were under the entrance area to Parrot Cay. So, not much noise at bedtime, since dinner was over.

Another time we were under the port side walkway along Promenade Lounge. That area is carpeted, and the only "noise" we had were occasional running feet, but certainly not loud.

A couple of other cruises we were under the passageway on the port side outside Triton's. That floor is not carpeted. While we certainly could hear running feet (on occasion) I'd not say it was annoying in any way.

Then we were underneath the Port Adventures/Wavebands area. I guess we must have gone to bed really late (and we're not "late to bed" types), but only rarely did we hear music (booming bass or otherwise) from above.

Most recently, we were located directly under the Guest Services lobby area. I don't recall any noise in the room from above us.

I guess it's how sensitive you are to "outside" noises.[/QUOTE]

We are under Wavebands. I've read after 1am its completely quiet. I'm a morning person.. up at 430 for work. I manage to stay up to 11 or so on cruises and then I pass out from too much food, alcohol and sun. Hopefully I'll be too tired to notice, maybe an extra glass of wine will help. I'm still going to ask. I ask every cruise about upgrades..so far I've never actually upgraded. I keep thinking one day I'm going to get the great deal.

Last edited:

Sorry to go off-topic, but I'd always avoided deck 2 because of concern with noise, but thought I had researched well, and we were in cabin 2050 1.5 weeks ago, and it was horrible for noise, as I think anything in this general area would be. We were under the area behind guest services so I thought it would be OK with no nightclub over us, but starting around 4:30 a.m. each night for about 1.5 hours we'd hear intermittent banging. Finally on night 6, I called guest services in the middle of the night to find out what it was, and they said they'd notify housekeeping but didn't really explain what it was. On night 7 when it occurred again, I popped out of bed, got dressed, and with my camera recording went on a mission myself to find out what it was! It turned out to be housekeeping vacuuming and banging the vacuum into the walls and booths in Wavebands and the area behind guest services. The vacuuming itself would have been fine, but it was the thump/bang as they hit the wall or edge of the hard booth that echoed and could be heard all down the hallway and in cabins on deck 2 below. Personally, though I'd be tempted by the prices, I wouldn't do IGT or OGT on Wonder/Magic because of the possibility of ending up on deck 2 where there are just so many potentially noisy areas, and I'd think that the especially noisy areas would be the exact ones that weren't booked earlier by people who chose specific cabins at higher prices and would end up assigned to the *GT's![/QUOTE]

I've actually had great rooms with the GT's a couple of 9a's and then the Hawaii cruise we room 2120 which was by far the my favorite location of any cruise we have been on, and most of our cruises have been verandahs. I guess it's the luck of the draw, but if I can save a thousand bucks or two or three depending on which discount I get.... I'll take the risk. No idea why I hit reply and it goes to quote. Disboards is getting glitchy again,.

Under wavebands is where we were. it def stops when the club closes although I think it was a bit later sometimes? But the noise never kept us awake or annoyed us, we were too tired from all the fun and the rocking of the ship soothes you to sleep anyway. :) plus, it's a Disney Cruise! I would go back to the exact same cabin if I could just go on the Wonder out of Galveston this year!

We are under Wavebands. I've read after 1am its completely quiet. I'm a morning person.. up at 430 for work. I manage to stay up to 11 or so on cruises and then I pass out from too much food, alcohol and sun. Hopefully I'll be too tired to notice, maybe an extra glass of wine will help. I'm still going to ask. I ask every cruise about upgrades..so far I've never actually upgraded. I keep thinking one day I'm going to get the great deal.[/QUOTE]

We were in deck 2 under the hallway that goes to the adult bars on the Magic and did not hear any noise. We were GTY and I was very concerned but it was very quiet. This was after the reimagining.

Not much happening with FLR and MTO rates...

FLR (3)
Fantasy, 7-Night Western Caribbean 2/6/2016 FLR/I FLR/O FLR/V $2,638
Wonder, 7-Night Southern Caribbean 1/17/2016 FLR/I $1,724 FLR/O FLR/V $0.00
Wonder, 7-Night Southern Caribbean 1/24/2016 FLR/I $1,724 FLR/O FLR/V $0.00

Changed MTO
Wonder, 7-Night Bahamian Cruise 12/11/2015 MTO/I $0.00 MTO/O $1,854.00 MTO/V
Wonder, 6-night Eastern Caribbean 1/4/2016 MTO/I $0 MTO/O $1,505

MTO (5)
Wonder, 7-Night Bahamian Cruise 12/4/2015 MTO/I $1,714.00 MTO/O $1,854.00 MTO/V $0.00
Wonder, 7-Night Bahamian Cruise 12/11/2015 MTO/I $0.00 MTO/O $1,854.00 MTO/V
Wonder, 6-night Eastern Caribbean 1/4/2016 MTO/I $0 MTO/O $1,505
Wonder, 7-Night Southern Caribbean 1/17/2016 MTO/I $1,724 MTO/O MTO/V $0.00
Wonder, 7-Night Southern Caribbean 1/24/2016 MTO/I $1,724 MTO/O MTO/V $0.00

I don't see anything new for *GT either.

*GT (9)
Wonder, 7-Night Bahamian Cruise 12/11/2015 IGT OGT $1,993 VGT
Wonder, 6-Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise 1/4/2016 IGT $1,565.00 OGT $1,685.00 VGT $0.00
Wonder, 7-Night Southern Caribbean Cruise 1/10/2016 IGT $0.00 OGT $2,187.00 VGT
Wonder, 7-Night Southern Caribbean Cruise 1/17/2016 IGT $1,921.00 OGT $2,186 VGT $0.00
Wonder, 7-Night Southern Caribbean Cruise 1/24/2016 IGT $1,921.00 OGT $2,186 VGT
Wonder, 7-Night Southern Caribbean Cruise 1/31/2016 IGT $1,921.00 OGT $2,186 VGT
Fantasy, 7-Night Western Caribbean Cruise 1/9/2016 IGT OGT VGT $3,548
Fantasy, 7-Night Western Caribbean Cruise 1/23/2016 IGT OGT VGT $3,073
Fantasy, 7-Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise 1/30/2016 IGT OGT VGT $3,250

Maybe there will be a black Friday deal.....I wish. Thanks for keeping up with this thread! I'm hoping for something in February. I would like a 4 night, but they are far and few apart.

Maybe there will be a black Friday deal.....I wish. Thanks for keeping up with this thread! I'm hoping for something in February. I would like a 4 night, but they are far and few apart.
We're booked on a 4-night on February 1st. It would be nice if a FLR came out for then. :sail:

Its not just you. We were looking to do a 4 night sometime in 2016. Prices went up for most dates during 2016. A 4 night in September in a balcony cabin is almost $2K. I can do a week on another cruise line for that. I feel like something is going on with the Dream sailings. The price went up overnight on months worth of sailings.
I think with the added features that the Dream just received, the demand for that ship has shot up and they dont see the need to discount the fares currently.

I would be happy to see a 4 night discount on the Magic!! Both the Dream and the Magic have the same sailing in February/March. Obviously the Magic is cheaper. I just didn't want to book an OV then the next week the VV is offered at less than my OV.

There are some cheap Magic sailings out there. No restrictions - just regular pricing. I'm on the Feb 12 Dream sailing because it works better with our school schedule (kids have Friday and Monday off, so we don't have to take additional days off), but the Feb 13 Magic sailing has some tempting prices.

There are some cheap Magic sailings out there. No restrictions - just regular pricing. I'm on the Feb 12 Dream sailing because it works better with our school schedule (kids have Friday and Monday off, so we don't have to take additional days off), but the Feb 13 Magic sailing has some tempting prices.

I noticed this too when I have been looking for *GT rates. Some of the Feb. prices are better than the *GT rates that have been offered in the last few months. That's probably why justacruiser posted the sleeper rates.

I think with the added features that the Dream just received, the demand for that ship has shot up and they dont see the need to discount the fares currently.

I actually see a few Dream cruises that seem to have decent availability in January and February. I haven't looked at how many staterooms are showing, but most of the categories look like they have availability.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter