CURRENT Good/Bad Internet and eBay Pin Sellers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am having a hard time reading through some of these. I have been an avid pin trader for YEARS and the quality of pins coming out of the actual retail establishments of Disney has taken a NOSE DIVE. To read through these and accuse people of selling BAD PINS when NO ONE can be 100% sure of authenticity makes me ill. I understand that there are sellers on ebay that sell scrapper pins, and I am not refuting that point....but MANY of the TRUE AUTHENTIC PINS NOW HAVE JAGGED EDGES, DIPPS IN PAINT, BRUSH STROKED IN THE ENAMEL AND DO NOT HAVE THE BOARDER OF MICKEY' HEAD ALL THE WAY TO THE EDGE OF THE BACK OF THE PIN.

Businesses are HURTING now from threads like these. I know it's human nature to warn people of danger. I don't want to waste money any more then the next person. But I PLEA to you, if the sellers don't have a return/refund policy....then DON'T BUY from them...if they do, what do you have to lose? I have purchased from sellers on the good AND the bad list. There are some of your "Bad List" sellers who send out great pins that seem just as legit as the next one. And what does it take to be on that good and bad list of yours? ONE person saying they had a bad experience? If we all went on ONE good or bad experience then EVERY place would be out of business because there are a lot of people that arn't happy no matter WHAT you do...and these are the people depriving you of a great deal?? How does that make sense??

There would be an explanation on the FIRST THREAD of these "Good and Bad Seller" lists that that it is the OPINION of the people purchasing, not the end all-be all that people on the "GOOD" list ONLY sell "great pins" and the people on the "BAD" list only sell scrappers.

If it is that big of a deal to you, they only buy directly from Disney when you are at the parks, or on the cruise line. Otherwise, you are paying a discounted price, you are taking that risk. Why so shocked when you don't get $15 a piece pins in lots of 25 for $10 TOTAL???? Makes no sense to me.

You clearly know nothing about this thread at all. This is the 3rd thread with this information in it. The thread owner is the person who makes the edits and changes based on feedback from our posters and fellow pin traders. We do ask for feedback, upon receiving feedback from our readers then we are able to make changes or additions based on personal experiences from our posters. The current thread owner reviewed the previous threads and combined/updated information as it was provided.
I've said multiple times that the quality of Disney pins has gone down and that is hard to tell scrappers from good pins, I've also given pointers on how I do this. I don't expect anyone to follow my advice but I still give what I can. No one has said that is the "end all and be all" for all sellers on eBay, it is simply our experiences that are posted.
I base MY decisions on MY experiences but yes, this thread is here to help others who don't know anything about scrappers and are looking for advice. You just gave some that we have also given, only buy from people who will accept returns (although eBay requires that all sellers accept returns), that's one that I follow.
Thanks for your input.

Just curious, why is rosethorns! highlighted in red in the first post?

Red sellers are sellers that should be used with extreme caution, some of our members (previous and current) have had negative experiences with this seller, whether they believe they received counterfeit pins or there was a negative experience regarding a return or defective item. Have you used them? Do you have an updated experience to share?

I am more confused then ever!! LOL
Where do I go to find the "good" pin sellers???

Bottom line this is just a guide, this isn't a die hard thread to find "good" or "bad" sellers, this is just a guide based on personal experiences. Start with the green list and see if you can find what you're looking for, if not keep looking. A good guideline is to avoid sellers using a "stock" photo, meaning photos that are all the same, sellers that don't accept returns, be cautious of wording as well and it helps if you know a little about pins, for instance a few years ago there was a set of LE pins that showed up on eBay before they were available to be purchased, I did purchase a few of these and I was not surprised when they turned out to be scrappers.

Has anyone ever used kidd74069? Are they real or scrappers? Thanks :)

I would avoid this seller personally. The seller has many pin lots for cheap prices, the photos are all exactly the same and this quote really raises a red flag for me, not for everyone but for me.
"Some or all pins may have small imperfections, blemishes, rough edges, bent or wobbly posts, color imperfections etc. Each pin will vary in color and quality from each other. These Disney pins are for the purpose of trading with cast members only and they may not be suitable for your personal collection."

the purpose of this thread is not to tell anyone where to buy their pins, it is simply meant to help, no one is forced to use it, no one is forced to use the green sellers list. I know I've used the yellow list and had no problems but more often than not my experiences have shown the lists to be accurate.

I for one have appreciated this thread...so Thanks

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Just curious, why is rosethorns! highlighted in red in the first post?

rosethorns! is in green on the green list. But if you do a search, your search term is highlighted in red. So maybe it showed in red if you were doing a search on the name.

I just want to thank everyone who has helped with this thread! I am now using it to help ME buy pins, nobody told me I had to use it but I WANT to use it as it has a ton of information in it. So thank you all, who helped with this and everyone who tells of their experience with other sellers not yet on the list.

Laura

Hey! Just wanted to commend everyone for keeping up an excellent list of eBay sellers, as I've seen it linked on quite a few other sites/forums that I frequent.

Also--

domimgood aka DIZZneY4PINS (Marty & Jeanne) are already on the Red list, but just thought I'd confirm another time that they're still selling bad pins. Just bought one of the 25 pin lots from them for cheap, came in a red bag, and they're all off-brand, cheaply made, and light in weight. Also, one of the princesses doesn't look like a princess, so off-model too.

TotalJohn I'd also like to say did a great job helping me out, as I bought 3 of his individual pin lots. Answered any questions I had quickly too. Pretty reasonable when it comes to best offers too. Pins were still on cards, with just the tops opened and the backs numbered.

Thanks, and Have a Magical Day! :smickey:

Here's a quote from one of domimgood's recent eBay auctions...if this doesn't convince you, nothing will (boldface is mine):

"THESE PINS ARE PERFECT IF YOU WANT A CHEAP WAY TO TRADE WITH CAST MEMBERS AT THE PARKS AND ALL DISNEY PARKS. AS YOU CAN SEE FOR YOURSELF IN THE PICTURES, THEY ARE IN LESS THAN PERFECT CONDITION ( SOME PEOPLE REFER TO THEM AS SCRAPPERS) AND SOME OF THEM ARE PROBABLY NOT PINS YOU WOULD WANT TO PUT IN YOUR COLLECTION ALTHOUGH MANY COME DIRECTLY FROM THE PARKS AND ARE AUTHENTIC. FOR THOSE NOT FAMILIAR WITH DISNEY PINS, SCRAPPERS ARE FACTORY SECONDS. THEY HAVE A SMALL FLAW THAT WILL NOT PASS QUALITY CONTROL SUCH AS ROUGH EDGES, SMALL DISCOLORATION, AN IMPERFECTION IN THE PAINT THEY ARE OFF COLOR ETC. THAT IS NOT TO SAY THAT ALL THE PINS WILL BE LIKE THIS BECAUSE OUR DAUGHTER TRADES PINS AND IS A CAST MEMBER FOR DISNEY. THERE ARE THE EXACT SAME TYPE AND QUALITY PINS THAT ANYONE SELLING RANDOM LOTS OF PINS THAT ARE AUTHENTIC BUT DO NOT SAY NOT SCRAPPER IN THEIR AUCTION. THESE ARE THE PINS WE USE WHEN WE TRAVEL TO DISNEY 4-5 TIME'S A YEAR TO TRADE AND I KNOW WITH 1005 CERTAINTY THAT THERE IS NO WAY CAST MEMBERS WILL DENY A TRADE USING THESE PINS AS WE GO TO MANAGERS WHO USUALLY HAVE THE BETTER NEWER PINS ON THEIR LANYARDS AND WE HAVE BEEN TRADING FOR 6 YEARS WITH INTERNET PINS AND SELLING FOR 3 YEARS WITHOUT A SINGLE DENIAL. I THINK IT IS IMPORTANT TO DISCLOSE THIS, AS IT IS IMPORTANT FOR YOU TO BE COMPLETELY SATISFIED WITH YOUR PURCHASE AND AVIOD PROBLEMS IN THE FUTURE. YOU ARE PURCHASING $6.95+ PINS FOR 90% OFF THE PRICE AND BECAUSE WE WANT YOU TO BE HAPPY WITH YOUR PURCHASE WE OFFER A 14 DAYS FULL REFUND WITH RETURN OF THE ITEM. IF YOU HAVE ANY PROBLEMS WITH YOUR PURCHASE PLEASE CONTACT US BEFORE LEAVING NEGATIVE FEEDBACK, SO WE CAN HELP TO MAKE YOU A HAPPY CUSTOMER. CURRENTLY IN 31/2 YEARS WE HAVE OVER 32,000 HAPPY CUSTOMERS WHO CONTINUE TO SHOP WITH US ON A REGULAR BASIS. WE CANNOT BE ANY MORE HONEST THAN THE ABOVE PARAGRAPH.

How brazen can you get???

rosethorns! is in green on the green list. But if you do a search, your search term is highlighted in red. So maybe it showed in red if you were doing a search on the name.

Just received a lot from rosethorns! and am so happy! Everything is brand new in sealed packages - great price and super fast shipping! :) Another happy customer here!

Here's a quote from one of domimgood's recent eBay auctions...if this doesn't convince you, nothing will (boldface is mine):

"THESE PINS ARE PERFECT IF YOU WANT A CHEAP WAY TO TRADE WITH CAST MEMBERS AT THE PARKS AND ALL DISNEY PARKS. AS YOU CAN SEE FOR YOURSELF IN THE PICTURES, THEY ARE IN LESS THAN PERFECT CONDITION ( SOME PEOPLE REFER TO THEM AS SCRAPPERS) AND SOME OF THEM ARE PROBABLY NOT PINS YOU WOULD WANT TO PUT IN YOUR COLLECTION ALTHOUGH MANY COME DIRECTLY FROM THE PARKS AND ARE AUTHENTIC. FOR THOSE NOT FAMILIAR WITH DISNEY PINS, SCRAPPERS ARE FACTORY SECONDS. THEY HAVE A SMALL FLAW THAT WILL NOT PASS QUALITY CONTROL SUCH AS ROUGH EDGES, SMALL DISCOLORATION, AN IMPERFECTION IN THE PAINT THEY ARE OFF COLOR ETC. THAT IS NOT TO SAY THAT ALL THE PINS WILL BE LIKE THIS BECAUSE OUR DAUGHTER TRADES PINS AND IS A CAST MEMBER FOR DISNEY. THERE ARE THE EXACT SAME TYPE AND QUALITY PINS THAT ANYONE SELLING RANDOM LOTS OF PINS THAT ARE AUTHENTIC BUT DO NOT SAY NOT SCRAPPER IN THEIR AUCTION. THESE ARE THE PINS WE USE WHEN WE TRAVEL TO DISNEY 4-5 TIME'S A YEAR TO TRADE AND I KNOW WITH 1005 CERTAINTY THAT THERE IS NO WAY CAST MEMBERS WILL DENY A TRADE USING THESE PINS AS WE GO TO MANAGERS WHO USUALLY HAVE THE BETTER NEWER PINS ON THEIR LANYARDS AND WE HAVE BEEN TRADING FOR 6 YEARS WITH INTERNET PINS AND SELLING FOR 3 YEARS WITHOUT A SINGLE DENIAL. I THINK IT IS IMPORTANT TO DISCLOSE THIS, AS IT IS IMPORTANT FOR YOU TO BE COMPLETELY SATISFIED WITH YOUR PURCHASE AND AVIOD PROBLEMS IN THE FUTURE. YOU ARE PURCHASING $6.95+ PINS FOR 90% OFF THE PRICE AND BECAUSE WE WANT YOU TO BE HAPPY WITH YOUR PURCHASE WE OFFER A 14 DAYS FULL REFUND WITH RETURN OF THE ITEM. IF YOU HAVE ANY PROBLEMS WITH YOUR PURCHASE PLEASE CONTACT US BEFORE LEAVING NEGATIVE FEEDBACK, SO WE CAN HELP TO MAKE YOU A HAPPY CUSTOMER. CURRENTLY IN 31/2 YEARS WE HAVE OVER 32,000 HAPPY CUSTOMERS WHO CONTINUE TO SHOP WITH US ON A REGULAR BASIS. WE CANNOT BE ANY MORE HONEST THAN THE ABOVE PARAGRAPH.

How brazen can you get???

Wow, pretty brazen, apparently. I would like to point out that, although people might find it excusable to deal in "factory seconds", most of the scrappers are actually COUNTERFEIT. They are different colors, different (cheaper) manufacturing processes, and they did not just fail QC, they never passed through Disney's QC. It's the difference between buying a slightly imperfect designer bag from the manufacturer's store at the outlet mall at a discount, and buying a cheap imitation of that bag on a street corner. Since I can't tell the difference when buying pins online, I will knowingly buy neither. There are plenty of sellers of good pins, and this thread will help us all find them!

BTW, I think it's even more brazen for the family of a CM to do this, and to admit it.

Please add Disney Pins $1.15+ up to the bad list. I purchased from them off of facebook and received 3 scrappers. Her message to me when I complained is that she does not guarantee that all her pins are scrapper free. Had I known this, I would not have purchased from her. Edited to add that I finished going through all 10 pins and they were all scrappers except one or two that I am not sure about. Plus, one of them has a loose post on it. I guess I should have known when I only spent $1.15 each for them.

I purchased a number of pins from Sleepys_Emporium and wanted to say they were all good pins. No scrappers in the bunch. Many of them were only 99 cents each. They also came quickly and were wrapped well.

LOL Nice catch! I didn't even look at the list when I replied. :)

Just received a lot from rosethorns! and am so happy! Everything is brand new in sealed packages - great price and super fast shipping! :) Another happy customer here!

:thumbsup2

Please add Disney Pins $1.15+ up to the bad list. I purchased from them off of facebook and received 3 scrappers. Her message to me when I complained is that she does not guarantee that all her pins are scrapper free. Had I known this, I would not have purchased from her.

Thank you for your feedback, the thread owner is the only person who can make changes/additions to the current list, the thread owner is currently away. When they return the thread will be updated.

I purchased a number of pins from Sleepys_Emporium and wanted to say they were all good pins. No scrappers in the bunch. Many of them were only 99 cents each. They also came quickly and were wrapped well.

:thumbsup2

Please add arraps to the green seller list!

I bought a lot of 25. Only 4 were scrappers. I contacted them and they told me to send them back and get new ones or a refund. I had already mixed the good pins in with the ones to take to Disney to trade. So they asked me to remind them on my next purchase and they would take care of it for me. They asked for a list and how I knew they were fakes. and I sent him the webpages I used verify and sent him a list of the ones that were not real!!! Very eager to make the situation right!!!:thumbsup2

I just bought a small lot of 5 pins from arraps at your recommendation. Every single one of them is a scrapper. :sad2: Apparently, you caught them, but they did nothing to change their practices. I did email them and am giving them a chance to make it right before leaving them negative feedback (and maybe filing a claim, if necessary) with eBay, but this is not a safe seller by any stretch of the imagination.

I just bought a small lot of 5 pins from arraps at your recommendation. Every single one of them is a scrapper. :sad2: Apparently, you caught them, but they did nothing to change their practices. I did email them and am giving them a chance to make it right before leaving them negative feedback (and maybe filing a claim, if necessary) with eBay, but this is not a safe seller by any stretch of the imagination.

Quick follow up. The seller (arraps) responded and offered a full refund if I return the pins, and said that they had 'given up' trying to sort out bad pins. So, this seller definitely belongs on the red list.

We were faced with a moral dilemma and have chosen to keep the scrappers instead of put them back into circulation. We'll keep one or two for my daughter's personal collection and make crafts with the others.

Wow I forgot about this. Thank you so much for taking over! It's been quite busy since a few years ago and I just completely forgot about this list.

Got a nice lot of scrappers from main.street.mania. Lesson learned: check the red list before buying!

With that said, I got a small (under 20) lot from mary81358 and although a couple appear to be scrappers (a few duplicates from main.street.mania) her pins came exactly as pictured and at the time she was selling a bunch of other personal items so selling lots of pins isn't a regular thing for her. Some of the ones I got from her were surprisingly decent, ones that most definitely were bought in the parks and were not scrappers. I don't think she was selling scrappers knowingly.

I have had very good experiences with Disney pins $1.15 and up on Facebook. They trade in the parks so can't always be sure what they get is scrapper free. They do have scrapper free lots though that you can buy and the pins are only $1.50 each. I recently bought 10 from them and all were legit.

I have had very good experiences with Disney pins $1.15 and up on Facebook. They trade in the parks so can't always be sure what they get is scrapper free. They do have scrapper free lots though that you can buy and the pins are only $1.50 each. I recently bought 10 from them and all were legit.

Thanks for your input, maybe we should consider putting this seller on the yellow list?
Good to see SNM and MN back here! :)

Hi, everybody,

I wanted to share my recent experience at Disneyland. Over the past year, since our last visit, I have been gradually and carefully buying pins from the green sellers mentioned in this thread. I've bought a lot of sets new in the package, whenever I could find them for under $2 per pin or so. And the response that I had from CM's was visibly different from the past. When they saw the quality of pins that my DD 9 & two neices (10 &12) were trading, they were extra-nice to us. One CM even gave us a fast pass to a ride of our choice! The girls took pride in the fact that when they traded to a pin board, the next time they looked, the pins they had traded were always gone. I felt proud, too, because before I knew about scrappers, I had the experience of a CM pocketing a pin we had traded him, I think because it was such poor quality. I'm now embarrassed when I think about that, so this trip made up for it!

We did see a lot of scrappers on CM lanyards and pin boards. One CM had two of the same pins on the lanyard off her pin pad, and when the girls asked if they were for trade, she said, "No, I keep those for teaching," and proceeded to show them some of the differences between real and counterfeit pins. So from that point on, I answered questions about scrappers, but I didn't worry or want them to worry about it too much. It was more about the fun of the hunt.

But I was very glad to be secure in the knowledge that we were adding to the number of desirable pins in the parks, and not the scrappers. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter